Started by ace3g, Aug 05, 2022, 09:57:57 PM

Author
Prey: BTS Thread (Read 43,747 times)

Clubroot

Clubroot

not sure if this was posted already. Podcast with  Dane Diliegro

BIOROBOT

BIOROBOT

I love stuff like this. Reminds us that actually people work really hard on these things.

ace3g

ace3g

dd
Verified
i still can't find the words to express my gratitude in light of everything that's transpired, not just in the last week (which has been beyond fathomable), but over the past year.

the fact that i was handed the keys to the castle of one of the the most iconic and badass characters in cinematic history still does not feel real to me.

the sense of honor, privilege, and humility that come with such a responsibility of portraying a character such as the predator, on such a massive project that stands for and represents so much more than most of us can comprehend, are overwhelming to me. having the opportunity to breathe new life into a franchise that is so admired and loved by countless fans, and the reception and response that this film has gotten thus far are things i will treasure forever.

being involved in prey and all the indigenous representation that this project stands for, including the firsts, messages, and overall portrayal of authentic indigenous culture that this film contains gives me a tremendous sense of pride, and i am so grateful to be a part of it.

i want to give the biggest THANK YOU to everyone at @20thcenturystudios @disney @hulu and i particularly want to thank @dannytrs marty ewing @sasbell scott aversano @thejhane @alec_gillis @tom_woodruffjr @jenn_din and everyone behind the camera who poured their hearts into this project. i also want to thank @ambermidthunder @dakota_beavers and the entire cast. each and every one of us gave this picture our blood and it shows.

lastly i want to thank my friends and family, everyone who supported me, and those who didn't. it is because of you that i am motivated to work hard everyday and make my loved ones proud. thank you for putting up with my annoying rants and overly persistent ideas. it means the world to me.

who knows what's next... hopefully this is just the beginning of something beautiful... time will tell /_\ stay cool

As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.   

Enjoy

Enjoy

Going to watch this for the 3rd time

Stan winston and Kevin P Hall you are so very missed

I hope the next movie is another fresh take in time and place. Not to keen on returning to the same scenario for the next one.  Simply to keep things as fresh and new as possible as far as characters and hunts and gadgets and prey and backdrops and locations and story are concerned.

Still keen on p2 tribe story possibilitys .
Also ww2 seems ripe and urban  gang wars in 1990's L.A
But also a Family in Australia in the 1300's dealing with crocs could be fun aswell .. so many possibilities.

ace3g

ace3g

dd
Verified
moments before the mud @mikemakesmonsters

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChKqxUHDZVEsmOjC3FdFMZ5zHbEHRy5xC-P2kE0/

harlo_khat You ever two arrows at once? My guy Sam seemed impress.

jenn_din When the Predator isn't busy slaughtering things for fun, he's actually pretty considerate. #prey

alanvillanueva_art These are other Taabe concepts exploring war paint. Again, more implications of a sun or sunray motifs due to the translation of his name.
Dan Trachtenberg (and under guidance of Producer Jhane Myers) had me explore war paint ideas while also keeping in mind these themes and Comanche methods of application by fingertip. Though more simplified, It was so cool how the ones on screen are historically more authentic and exact!
Kudos to Costume Designer Stephanie Porter for bringing me onboard initially!
Again, @dakota_beavers fantastic job portraying this character!

joannadelane PRO ADR/LOOPING CAST AND CREW FOR PREY!! What an amazing experience, I can't say this enough, but I am so honored to have worked alongside all of you on such a historical movie!! The love, the hard work, the dedication, the commitment, the RESPECT we all put into creating the dialogue for the Comanche people on screen fills my heart with PRIDE! URA to everyone!! URA to @thejhane and #proadrlooping for having me 🙏🏽

alanvillanueva_art My first assignment on Prey was working on illustrations for Naru.
I had the absolute pleasure to work with director @dannytrs as well as have guidance from producer @thejhane on Naru's war paint designs. I always have a blast collaborating with Costume Designer Stephanie Porter. All such incredibly nice, talented and rad people!
Across the board it was always kept in mind to follow the culture and historical time period with Classic Comanche shapes, materials and motifs.
Hope you enjoy the movie and the artwork!
Thank you all so much for bringing me on to help out.
@ambermidthunder wow! Fantastic job!!
Boss!

ace3g

ace3g

jenn_din Clearing the camera roll... #prey
mackcyr Coco is not just another actress, she's looking to eventually transition to behind the camera

jenn_din @mackcyr oh she's coming after allll our jobs

iprimoi
Cold nights on recent "Prey" reshoots with Steve Morrow & Billy King. #soundspeeds #setlife #bts #iatselocal695 #boomoperator

ace3g

ace3g

dakota_beavers What a summer. What a movie. What a group of people. Blessings to every single one of you. There are not enough words in the world.

As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login. 

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

God-damn, I really do love that body and mask. I am really enjoying seeing more of it like that! I was wondering when we'd get some stuff from Mike Field and glad to see it coming now!

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

He does look great with the mask on. I'd rate it below city hunter and jungle hunter, equal to wolf, and above everyone else.

ace3g

ace3g

jeff_cutter A few BTS stills from PREY. @dannytrs #preymovie #predator #hulu #20thcentury

ace3g

ace3g

actorkylestrauts Being a part of this franchise has been wild. Many challenges, many beautiful moments. Happy for everyone who was involved that its been received so well

dd
Verified
 i wonder how our #predator would do in the @nba #preymovie #prey

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChNoOkQPCE9f8nDJ8As7FmOYOqK-H3ysLAxuHo0/

**Link works, for some reason not embedding
ohgoldgoldgold's profile picture
ohgoldgoldgold
Posting these bad boys again re: #prey #preymovie . What a sincere pleasure being able to watch these pros make such a gorgeous, badass, and moving film. I adore all of you

diana.dray's profile picture
diana.dray
I haven't shrunk, he's just 7ft tall @DD 😁
If you haven't yet, you have to watch PREY on Hulu, you will love @ambermidthunder and @dakota_beavers ❤️
🎥 @dannytrs 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

miafortier_'s profile picture
miafortier_
PREY is out now!!! Stream on Disney Plus to watch!

Got the pleasure to TAD on this film shot in AB last summer, one of the first of its kind, being dubbed in the Comanche tongue, featuring an ingenious cast and also crew. @ambermidthunder delivers a breathtaking performance and was not only inspiring on screen but also inspiring to work alongside❤️

Learned so much working this show, pls give it a watch if you can❤️

emptysockets
Prey is out now on Disney+ and Hulu!

Pretty incredible first steps into the film industry. Lots of hard work with good people, some pretty fantastic opportunities, while spending a summer in the beautiful landscape of Southern Alberta. I highly recommend you check it out, and stick around for the credits you might just see a name you recognize among the hundreds of other really hard working people that made this film possible.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Some good stuff with the practical unmasked face in the last video of these slides.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChOQ-vNrDEh/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

pmaz11

pmaz11

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Aug 14, 2022, 03:12:14 AMSome good stuff with the practical unmasked face in the last video of these slides.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChOQ-vNrDEh/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Great post!! It's so awesome to get some behind the scenes material! & I agree with the practical effects we are seeing here. It's done well with the fight sequences & especially the Predator and his face. Wish the final sequence of the film didn't enhance as much with the CGI I felt :/ but the Feral Predator's design is growing on me more and more.

Wanted to see more of this practical effects look below in the final scenes! ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm still not keen on the appearance of the mandibles, but the actual animatronic face does look pretty cool in that last video. Almost looks like they exaggerated some features with the CGI touch ups.

SiL

SiL

Looks a lot better as a mask than the cgi.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed