Blomkamp's Alien 5 is "Innovative, Amazing, Performs Fan Service"

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 23, 2016, 11:25:49 PM

Author
Blomkamp's Alien 5 is "Innovative, Amazing, Performs Fan Service" (Read 113,203 times)

PsyKore

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 30, 2018, 08:22:46 PM
If the franchise isn't dead now, it would be after Blomkamp's 2 cents.

I don't know about that. If it's intended to be "Aliens 2" and rides on the coat tails of Cameron's film, it would be successful. They could market it as "the sequel we always wanted" and all that crap. Fox, I think, would definitely consider this.

Frosty Venom

Huggs

Quote from: PsyKore on Oct 30, 2018, 10:13:55 PM

I don't know about that. If it's intended to be "Aliens 2" and rides on the coat tails of Cameron's film, it would be successful. They could market it as "the sequel we always wanted" and all that crap. Fox, I think, would definitely consider this.

If the script ever leaked like it did for The Predator, we'd know for sure. Aside from that, it's a gamble. I have a hard time believing it's good if Cameron likes it. He liked Genisys.

SM

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: CristianoRonaldo7 on Oct 30, 2018, 08:12:47 PM
Today, I read a new article about Sigourney Weaver talking about ALIEN 5. It's obvouis is coming. I hope Mediocre Blomkamp ISN'T Directing.

Merged with existing conversation.

Huggs

Quote from: N-Shifter on Oct 30, 2018, 09:44:55 PM
Why everyone is so against giving Blomkamp a chance is really strange to me

The movies he's already made is a good place to start.  ;D

N-Shifter

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 31, 2018, 02:10:29 PM
Quote from: N-Shifter on Oct 30, 2018, 09:44:55 PM
Why everyone is so against giving Blomkamp a chance is really strange to me

The movies he's already made is a good place to start.  ;D

He's made one movie that was a mess imo and that was largely down to the horrific casting of Die Antwoord as the main characters, just about everything else in that movie would have been vastly superior with actual actors replacing those two.

I like District 9 and Elysium.

HuDaFuK

Elysium was absolutely gorgeous to look at, but beyond that (and perhaps Sharlto Copley's villain) it was entirely bland and forgettable.

windebieste

Personally, anything that is labelled with "performs fan service" should set the alarm bells ringing. 

Loud.

-Windebieste.

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed.

= Performs fan felatio IMO.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: PsyKore on Oct 30, 2018, 10:13:55 PM

100% correct.  It's the way to go..

The Old One

The Old One

100% Plebeian endeavour.

Perfect-Organism

Ok, realistically now, let's say you're the producer.  It's your money.  You can continue Scott's prequels, but even if you do, they will lead up to the first Alien film and then in sequence, you're back at the end of the series and all you can do is continue where Ripley 8 left off.  Sure you can go back and do a side-quel like Isolation or Cold Forge (which you can always revisit for sure money more or less) but ultimately you still get to the moment in the series where you continue in a post Resurrection reality.  By this time, Sigourney Weaver is too old to play a super human alien hybrid.  So realistically you should have made a Resurrection sequel earlier, but how do you even promote such a film?  You're giving people an answer to a question nobody cared to ask.  Who would you even get to direct that?  Who would want to?

You're faced with diminishing returns if you continue post Resurrection or post Alien 3.

And...

You have the option to use some of the key actors who survived from the most popular film in the series, and they're willing to continue where that film left off.

It's your money.  What are you going to do?

SM

Realistically, they're not going to make a movie following Resurrection.

Perfect-Organism

I know.  Even if I were to put all my passion for the series aside, I would not put my money down on that as a producer.  There's just not enough people filled with wonder about what happens next.

So if you close the Resurrection route, would there be any takers to continue after Alien 3?  Is anyone clamoring for that film?  Morse anyone?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed