Female predators being larger thoughts?

Started by (Bad Blood), Feb 13, 2021, 05:03:31 AM

Author
Female predators being larger thoughts? (Read 12,038 times)

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Ok so what is everyone's thoughts on female predators/Yautja being larger than the males? Personally I think for one It makes little sense since the males are extremely boastful and arrogant, if they are regularly thrown around in the bedroom and under the foot of the females of their species then why would they be proud and arrogant? Secondly it makes Predators too close to Aliens having the females be big, it's too similar to xenomorphs and the queen. It would also make for a very poor film and would just be another copy of The Predator by Shane black if the first female on screen was a behemoth. I think Hunting Grounds having them be slim, fast, calculating and deadly Is an amazing idea, if the first film to have female Yautja had them like the Hunting Grounds idea of them it would be a much more interesting film. Having them be big is just another 11 foot "let's make it bigger!" Predator film. If they did one that is. Anyway what are your thoughts everyone?

Huggs

I don't have a problem with them being larger.

I don't think it's necessary, but it wouldn't ruin the experience. I'd personally expect them to be of equal or slightly smaller size.

BlueMarsalis79

One one hand I don't like the bigger means better, trend of the 2010s, on the other hand.
Spoiler
Mommy milkers
[close]

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 13, 2021, 05:47:22 AM
I don't have a problem with them being larger.

I don't think it's necessary, but it wouldn't ruin the experience. I'd personally expect them to be of equal or slightly smaller size.
it wouldn't ruin it for me either, I will always love predator, I just think personally I see them as being equals or a little smaller, like you said exactly haha.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Feb 13, 2021, 05:03:31 AM
... they are regularly thrown around in the bedroom ...

Wait, wha...  :D

SiL

I think Dark Horse had it right in the 90s; they're basically indistinguishable from the males until you lift up the cod piece.

Stitch

In general, females tend to be larger in most species. Why would predators be any different?

SiL

Because they look like people and in mammals, males are typically larger.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Feb 13, 2021, 10:26:21 AM
I think Dark Horse had it right in the 90s; they're basically indistinguishable from the males until you lift up the cod piece.

I like this one, but, if we're going for bigger girls...

We saw them already in Predators.

Stitch

Quote from: SiL on Feb 13, 2021, 12:07:07 PM
Because they look like people and in mammals, males are typically larger.
They don't look like mammals to me

Samhain13

I preffer how they went on PHG.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 13, 2021, 09:58:24 AM
Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Feb 13, 2021, 05:03:31 AM
... they are regularly thrown around in the bedroom ...

Wait, wha...  :D
What I meant by being thrown around the room is that in avp the Yautja Broken Tusk stated a partner during sex tossed him across the room haha. It is true that most Females are larger in the animal kingdom "Females are the larger sex in most reptiles other than lizards and crocodilians; in most amphibians and fishes; in the vast majority insects, spiders and other arthropods; in almost all "wormy" animals; in various phyla of tiny animals such as water bears and rotifers; and in almost all parasitic animals." However if you notice there is a pattern in that all the species with larger females have a common trait, they lay eggs. It is assumed that one reason for sexual dimorphism in nature is due to the huge amount of eggs they lay. If Yautja have live birth then like mammals or humans in particular would probably not have a need for larger females and they would probably be the same size on average or slightly smaller depending on the individual. It is noted that Predator/yautja young are called "Suckers" and drink milk from the females breasts. So they are close to mammals in alot of ways.

Huggs

This right here.

Kradan

Hm, I honestly don't remember female Preds ever being realised in DH comics apart from Deadliest Of The Species. And they were bigger there. What am I missing ?

SuperiorIronman

I definitely like what Hunting Grounds did and in practice you don't know if it's male or female until you actually get a good look at it. As well as in-universe it seems female hunters just aren't encountered as often as the male, so at a glance someone wouldn't know which gender it is up until they actually got a good look at it.

My opinion on size? I see no reason why they couldn't be taller. Predators have a variety of heights and body types so while they seem pretty consistent I wouldn't mind them being a bit bigger than the males.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed