Xenomorphs in Predator culture

Started by EJA, Feb 07, 2021, 12:43:43 PM

Author
Xenomorphs in Predator culture (Read 1,554 times)

EJA

EJA

Just why do the Predators hold the Xenomorphs in such reverential awe in the expanded universe and the AVP movies? They practically worship the Xenos, one can never be a true hunter until they've bested a Xeno, but why exactly? What makes them so special in a galaxy of vicious, dangerous species?

BlueMarsalis79

I imagine, because of their unmatched physical capabilities offensive and defensive, and a degree of sapience not normally found in what most of us perceive as a base thing.

Kradan

Kradan

You still don't understand what you're dealing with, do you? Perfect organism. Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility ... I admire its purity. A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

-Ash, 2122

426Buddy

426Buddy

The Alien is the only monster in the universe that is more cool than they are 8)

Kradan

Kradan

Take that, Predfans !   ;D

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: EJA on Feb 07, 2021, 12:43:43 PM
Just why do the Predators hold the Xenomorphs in such reverential awe in the expanded universe and the AVP movies? They practically worship the Xenos, one can never be a true hunter until they've bested a Xeno, but why exactly? What makes them so special in a galaxy of vicious, dangerous species?

We can only speculate though the bulk of the worship and manhood ritual stuff coming from Scar's group. Predators want to kill things and the Xenomorph is a great way to do that. They're a powerful enough opponent a Predator could take one, but enough of a threat they have to be dealt with on the spot. It's a good challenge and one they can localize as well as get more of should the need arise and do so fairly quickly. So it might just be an ideal creature to hunt and the various clans view that differently.

BigDaddyJohn

I would understand that if they didn't often show preds dispatch aliens like it was nothing.

EJA

EJA

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 09, 2021, 01:02:59 PM
I would understand that if they didn't often show preds dispatch aliens like it was nothing.

Good point.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Compared to what Predators bring to the table (brains, weaponry, and brute strength) it really is nothing for them.

However, I'm sure they enjoy hunting them because of how dangerous they are if not handled properly.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Master Chief on Feb 09, 2021, 06:13:10 PM
Compared to what Predators bring to the table (brains, weaponry, and brute strength) it really is nothing for them.

Hence why I don't understand that much reverence from preds towards xenos.

Quote from: Master Chief on Feb 09, 2021, 06:13:10 PM
However, I'm sure they enjoy hunting them because of how dangerous they are if not handled properly.

The acid blood can be a f**ked up thing to deal with, but besides that it often seems like a walk in the park.

AliceApocalypse

Xeno's do display a level of intelligence, combined with the strong outer shell and acid blood makes them more of a jog through the park  :P

EJA

EJA

This is one of the reasons why I feel that if AVP is ever totally overhauled, Preds should treat Xenos like any other prey.

SuperiorIronman

It's interesting that they just don't expect a Predalien. That more adept Predators can handle themselves with warriors but Wolf and the scout ship crew was taken completely off guard by a hybrid and something that after thousands of years of doing this ritual nobody ever otherwise encountered. Older material called them abominations but no explanation was ever given as to why they'd put themselves into a position they could spawn one of these or why they flip out the way they do beyond a general dislike of hybrids as to which now it seems that just isn't the case.

razeak

razeak

Well, with energy weapons and range, they should be dangerous, but manageable for the most part. Its in numbers or encountering ambush tactics where they are most dangerous to a predator. If they get inside melee range, look out. I really think making acid proof armor a thing hurts the most. I mean even with that armor, there is still a lot of exposed areas, but frankly, your spear should be a 1 or 2 shot weapon, and it better be a lethal strike. That way, the predator essentially has an ammo count for even it's melee weapons.  I feel like the xeno being physically stronger should be prominent too. The predator is clearly stronger than a human by a wide margin. The alien should have that advantage over the predator to force it too use skill and tactics and not turn into a pro wrestling match.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed