The E3 2014 Thread - Trailer, Screenshots & Demo Footage Inside

Started by ikarop, Jun 02, 2014, 04:16:51 PM

Author
The E3 2014 Thread - Trailer, Screenshots & Demo Footage Inside (Read 107,174 times)

OpenMaw

Giger used car parts, and parts of a ventilation system to build the original creature. The tubes, screws, piping, all of those bits are the real deal on Giger's design, which is what this creature is supposed to be.

Quote from: Predatorium on Jun 13, 2014, 08:32:53 AM
This is not a drone alien from any of the sequels. It's a lone alien that has morphed into something huge, something we haven't seen before.

Wait, what? Where the Hell did you read that? From every image we've seen, this is more or less a faithful recreation of Giger's beast with a few bits varying, like the legs and feet.

gabgrave

Quote from: WinterActual on Jun 13, 2014, 07:55:03 AM
So what are you saying is that the adult xenos can be killed only by assault rifle, shotgun, etc.? No way. Its not possible. Its a tissue after all, its not metal.

Btw the revolver in the game seems way more powerful than the pistols used in A:R and in the movie one bullet to the head killed an adult xeno. The revolver in the game should be able to kill the xeno. It looks like its bigger caliber judging by its barrel and punch. (as someone already mentioned)
Quote from: WinterActual on Jun 13, 2014, 08:31:54 AM
Thats bullshit man. You can kill a xeno even with melee weapon. Why the predator is hunting xenos with spear and wrist blade if the xenos were UNKILLABLE like some people think? You are not limited to firearms only. Its funny to think you are.
Quote from: WinterActual on Jun 13, 2014, 09:10:14 AM
Can you show me a screen where I can see the mechanical part of a xeno?

I think you are making several wrong assumptions here.

Firstly, tissue. It's Alien tissue, which has been described as needing a laser scalper to cut, and that's just the face hugger stage. Also, it has claws that can rend through steel. It's makeup has been described by the creators as a bio-mechanical silicon based life form, with an external exoskeleton carapace that is like armor.

Secondly, when you talk about firearms and bullets, you need to understand that it's not the gun that damages, its the bullet. There are many types of bullets, ranging from solid lead rounds to armor piercing high explosive. You can have the biggest gun in town with the largest caliber, but if your bullet is a soft lead round which flattens on impact, it's not going to be able to penetrate armor. This is why a small handgun with APHE bullets can be said to be more effective than a rifle shooting lead. FYI, the pulse rifle uses HVAPHE rounds, which can cut through an alien. However, I find it ridiculous that people think a shotgun firing ball bearings can even hurt an alien, like the games assume. The only time it ever got a kill was at point blank range in the mouth, or using high-tech plotbunium ammo. Speaking of which, all the A:R weapons that the team brought in are stated to be souped up beyond what is legal, thus their welcome.

Third, are you trying to compare what a superhuman alien species that can jump 5 meters into the air, and has metal that is made to combat the aliens acid blood, can do to an alien, to what a colonial marine with a USCM K-Bar can do? Or in this case, what one fit female civilian with a wrench can do?

Predatorium

Predatorium

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 13, 2014, 09:42:51 AMWait, what? Where the Hell did you read that? From every image we've seen, this is more or less a faithful recreation of Giger's beast with a few bits varying, like the legs and feet.

This alien is a meter taller than Giger's Alien and it has different legs and is tremendously fast. I'm just saying that it looks like the next step in evolution of the original Giger Alien which could mean that it's even harder to kill than the original that was described by Ash as unstoppable and perfect.

WinterActual

Gabgrave I know about the bullets but Vasquez managed to kill a xeno with her sidearm pistol which was not using a special ammo type.
Also Hicks killed a xeno at non point blank range during the xeno attack. You can hear the sound. We don't know if he was using slug or buck shots but we can assume it was buck shot. My point is, you don't need an armor piercing or high explosive or incendiary rounds to kill a xeno.

As for the predator's blades. A blade is a blade. It doesn't matter if its a predator's made or not. The acid will destroy the regular comabt knife but you still be able to penetrate the tissue more or less.

----------------------------------

OpenMaw, yes the xeno have parts representing mechanical parts but they are made out of tissue, and they are not indeed mechanical  :laugh: But I think you already know that.

Salt The Fries

Hello, I'm back after a long break. I've just wanted to say that I've watched most of E3 footage and been fascinated by the promise of the game. Furthermore, I think Creative Assembly exhibits the right attitude, and Al Hope in particular deserves massive praise, in particular. Some of folks here stated that he's very nervous, etc. I just think that he is very sensitive and wants to be very accurate, and his speech as a result might seem hesitant. I like him a lot as a person.

By the way, as far as some of your concerns go, especially with androids and NPCs, it's been confirmed both by the devs and the press that not all androids will be hostile, you will have to figure that out from your own observation. Some of them will be even helpful, part of them will act neutral, but of course some of them will be downright hostile. I think this would make for an interesting dynamics.

Predatorium

Quote from: WinterActual on Jun 13, 2014, 10:25:57 AM
Gabgrave I know about the bullets but Vasquez managed to kill a xeno with her sidearm pistol which was not using a special ammo type.
Also Hicks killed a xeno at non point blank range during the xeno attack. You can hear the sound. We don't know if he was using slug or buck shots but we can assume it was buck shot. My point is, you don't need an armor piercing or high explosive or incendiary rounds to kill a xeno.

As for the predator's blades. A blade is a blade. It doesn't matter if its a predator's made or not. The acid will destroy the regular comabt knife but you still be able to penetrate the tissue more or less.

----------------------------------

OpenMaw, yes the xeno have parts representing mechanical parts but they are made out of tissue, and they are not indeed mechanical  :laugh: But I think you already know that.

Can you please stop talking about the lame drones from the sequel. They are easy to kill, not Giger's alien or this one obviously.

Sadogoat

I would say that Vasquez managed to put a pistol bullet in a weak spot in the Alien's head while she had it pinned to the vent wall with her foot. Remember that immediately before this, Gorman emptied his own pistol into the Alien's armored head as it came out of a side-shaft with no apparent effect whatsoever.

Seegson

This is Alien, not "Aliens". That means aliens are not cannon fodder here. CA its trying to keep the mistery, the "unknow" and "unstoppable" factor of the Alien intact. Wrong game if you are looking for something else Winteractual

Salt The Fries

The gun from here is obviously not as capable as the one Vasquez had. It got this crude, rudimentary feel to it, and by the looks of it, it takes forever to reload and has a really small clip size, like 3 or 6 bullets (well, technically it's a revolver by the name, so it should hold 6).

Quote from: Sadogoat on Jun 13, 2014, 11:10:11 AM

I would say that Vasquez managed to put a pistol bullet in a weak spot in the Alien's head while she had it pinned to the vent wall with her foot. Remember that immediately before this, Gorman emptied his own pistol into the Alien's armored head as it came out of a side-shaft with no apparent effect whatsoever.
Plus Vasquez didn't actually kill it in the end.

OpenMaw

I don't actually necessarily agree with that. We don't really know what the Alien's genetic structure is like. We've never had anyone study a sample of the adult's structure on screen. For all we know it could be a LITERAL Biomechanical creature using nano-tech type cells. Many people believe the aliens don't need to eat simply because they are essentially a multi-limbed, conscious battery.

Quote from: Predatorium on Jun 13, 2014, 10:13:39 AM
This alien is a meter taller than Giger's Alien and it has different legs and is tremendously fast. I'm just saying that it looks like the next step in evolution of the original Giger Alien which could mean that it's even harder to kill than the original that was described by Ash as unstoppable and perfect.

I very much doubt that is their intention. I'd chalk it up to artistic license. Also there's no indication on how fast the original alien could be. As in, no upper limit. It was blindingly fast when Parker made his attempt to attack it.

Quote from: Predatorium on Jun 13, 2014, 11:07:06 AM
Can you please stop talking about the lame drones from the sequel. They are easy to kill, not Giger's alien or this one obviously.

Giger's was just as killable as the adults in Aliens. That was always the intent of the film makers. Why do you think they gave it acid for blood?

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Seegson on Jun 13, 2014, 11:12:58 AM
This is Alien, not "Aliens". That means aliens are not cannon fodder here. CA its trying to keep the mistery, the "unknow" and "unstoppable" factor of the Alien intact. Wrong game if you are looking for something else Winteractual
Well, actually it's one Alien. CA got the right mindset already. I'm not offended by them taking any liberties at all, since it's all in the good cause.

barker_s

She did, but it was at point-blank range and aimed at the side of its head (and it was still flailing about afterwards). You can clearly see the bullets bouncing off the front its head a few seconds earlier when she shot at it from a distance. Taking that into consideration, I don't see how you could harm the alien with a knife.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 13, 2014, 11:16:45 AM
Giger's was just as killable as the adults in Aliens. That was always the intent of the film makers. Why do you think they gave it acid for blood?
Yes, that was the intention, but why is this convo still going? It's clear from the materials hitherto shown that neither this rudimentary revolver nor flamethrower (which by the way lasts like 3 blasts till it's completely empty) could EVER kill the creature.

By the way, a lot more interesting question:

do you think this is the ORIGINAL Alien from the movie? The premise says that the blackbox from Nostromo got to Sevastopol, so I'm thinking it might have drifted along with the Alien who was shown to withstand the vacuum, right?

???

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Jun 13, 2014, 11:19:02 AM
do you think this is the ORIGINAL Alien from the movie? The premise says that the blackbox from Nostromo got to Sevastopol, so I'm thinking it might have drifted along with the Alien who was shown to withstand the vacuum, right?

I'm half expecting that myself.

Salt The Fries

I also loved the HUD and UI, even the graphical symbols representing buttons on the gamepad were anachronic (not to mention that cool hacking device), reminded me of old Commodore Alien(s) games (and maybe a bit of Alien Resurrection).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed