First On Location Pictures of Alien: Covenant!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 31, 2016, 01:37:30 PM

Author
First On Location Pictures of Alien: Covenant! (Read 104,612 times)

future_Tarzan³

RidgeTop

I'm surprised FOX isn't all over these crew members for NDA breaches.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: LtJesseRipley on Apr 03, 2016, 02:26:24 AM
Amazing Photo, and the Ship Part Looks incredible i cant wait to see it in full scale.

We did see it in full scale most likely.  We probably didn't see the whole thing.

Quote from: RidgeTop on Apr 03, 2016, 06:26:46 AM

They probably are, but if they can't pin down where the actual leak is, then what can they do?

Corporal Hicks

Darkness

These latest pictures you're posting really look phenomenal. With the mountains, it could definitely pass for something other worldly. It makes a big change from the baron planet of LV-223.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: RidgeTop on Apr 03, 2016, 06:26:46 AM

From one of the local yokels:

Quote from: A Local... on Apr 01, 2016, 12:18:19 AM
Someone asked if there was an insider or something... I have it on good authority that part of the set is very near Milford Sound airport. As such this would mean it would be viewable with a decent lens from the main tourist part of the area.

And legally Fox can't do anything about most of these photo's (except for the really close-up one) since one can claim they are merely photographs of Mitre Peak with the film set being incidental.

Here's another one from a tourist:

Film set on far left, harbour and cruise boats on right.

Corporal Hicks

Here's another.

Quote from: Darkness on Apr 03, 2016, 10:55:52 AM
These latest pictures you're posting really look phenomenal. With the mountains, it could definitely pass for something other worldly. It makes a big change from the baron planet of LV-223.

I do love the scenary. It looks gorgeous and it makes a nice visual change from all the bleak landscapes. However, there's a certain expectation for something more Gigeresque and Alieny. I hope we get a lot of that in the film too.

And another.

Immortan Jonesy

I want a black hole in the skies of this new landscape

just like that ringed planet at LV-223...

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 03, 2016, 02:21:15 PM
Here's another.

I do love the scenary. It looks gorgeous and it makes a nice visual change from all the bleak landscapes. However, there's a certain expectation for something more Gigeresque and Alieny. I hope we get a lot of that in the film too.

Just to build on that, I'd also like to see a hived up jungle environment. I think that'd be pretty interesting.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 03, 2016, 06:50:26 PM
Here's another.

Just to build on that, I'd also like to see a hived up jungle environment. I think that'd be pretty interesting.

The jungle environment (assuming its an earth-like jungle environment) could be a tricky thing.  I found the Aliens looked very out of place in the woods in AVP:R.  I find that is the case whenever they are openly outdoors.  They strike me as critters that are always hiding in the dark.  (Not sure if we saw any of the Aliens in the forest there, it could have been just the Facehuggers).

If its a Giger jungle, I'm all for it...

NickisSmart

It doesn't look otherworldly, to me. It looks like Earth. Why? Because there's plant-life. You want to know what looks not of this Earth? Barren planets.  :D

That being said, it's very pretty. But having it be purely organic and bright and nice to look at isn't exactly in line with the dirty, dark Alien lens of the universe. Perhaps they're going for a wild, "sylvan scene," like Milton's Paradise Lost. But I don't really want it to be literal. And if they have a monster hunting people in a big, wild jungle, it starts to sound more like Predator and less like Alien. Honestly if you're going to try something incongruous with the Alien type of setting, I'd rather have them do the film in a field of poppies, like The Wizard of Oz.

Perfect-Organism

We need a Gigeresque landscape.  Period.  It's the payoff many of us have been waiting for since 1979.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 03, 2016, 09:52:49 PM
We need a Gigeresque landscape.  Period.  It's the payoff many of us have been waiting for since 1979.
Heaven on top; gigerscape down below. It's the best of both worlds. If the planet was alive would be even more awesome. See what that black goo can do.

PsyKore

I'm worried this film will be too big and epic in scope, and not in the right direction. One of Prometheus' flaws was that it felt too big and amazing for what it really is: a monster movie. And this made it feel very detached from the darker, claustrophobic direction the original Alien movie had.

And then on top of it there's all the talk of "gods" - the thing which is really on the nose. It's an Alien movie, for pete's sake. The creature itself comes from an artist that uses sexual and sometimes satanic imagery. How it became something linked with human history and "gods" is beyond me. Yes, I do want to see the Engineers, but can they do it without being overly grand and silly about the whole thing? I wish they'd just keep it dark, sinister and claustrophobic.

A Giger-scape would be cool to see. The beautiful mountains in these pics, however, not so much.

CainsSon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 03, 2016, 06:50:26 PM
Here's another.

Ive thought that an overgrown misty, fog filled rainforest would make for a great HIVE-setting too. Still, if I have to choose b/w the two, I'll take Giger landscapes and the other side of the mirror AKA Dark Seed-land, anyday.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed