Dark Horse Announces Predator Hunters III!

Started by Katanu, Nov 13, 2019, 06:11:03 PM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Predator Hunters III! (Read 58,759 times)

happypred

Spoiler
Thicker than Blood "pulls a Grid", so to speak.
The predator in Predator Hunters II is pretty formidable
[close]

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: shadowedge on Feb 15, 2020, 07:19:43 PM
I haven't read this yet but what I hear is the predators are easily beaten in Predator Hunters 1-3. Is this correct or do they put up a good fight? I do know that lots of old humans come back from the original Dark Horse run.

I did read AVP Thicker Than Blood 1 and 2 and it seems like those Predators are beaten quite easily and quickly by the Xenomorph and by one of the humans/androids.

I think most importantly is the writing is so much better in Hunters than Thicker than Blood. However, overall the Predators are more formidable and fair much, much better in Hunters than Thicker than Blood, especially in issue #2. Nothing made my eyes roll more than the whip-armed-Predator and the Xenomorph squaring off, and the next panel we see the Predator dismembered and the Alien victorious on top without a scratch with no element of surprise in play. I'm fine with the Alien winning, but without a scratch? Show me how. Alas, nada.

426Buddy

426Buddy

It didn't bother me a bit  :laugh:  ;)

I do have to say though, as a long time alien/predator comic collector, this has been a pretty great decade. Even though it hasn't matched the its peak in the early 90's the output has been pretty regular with a few great stories. I'm just super happy that the stand alone predator comics are finally getting something great too.

Ultramorph

I really should have re-read the first two series before this, I felt a bit lost on the flashbacks. That being said, I can't believe this is same artist as Life and Death.
Thiess has really stepped up his game and the coloring helps. Dark Horse is really putting out quality lately, the recent Alien nonsense not included.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: felix on Feb 17, 2020, 12:03:33 AM
Trade Paperback to be released on Sept 22nd.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1506718132/ref=sr_1_28?crid=E45KA88BILGW&keywords=dark+horse+comics&qid=1581897690&s=books&sprefix=dark+horese+comi%2Cstripbooks-intl-ship%2C381&sr=1-28

Nice felix!  Even though I'm buying the individual comics I'll still purchase the trade.

Until then, issue #2 is coming March 18!

Katanu

I'll have to wait for the paperback, unless I decide to buy the digital version of the single issues.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 17, 2020, 02:37:43 PM
Quote from: felix on Feb 17, 2020, 12:03:33 AM
Trade Paperback to be released on Sept 22nd.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1506718132/ref=sr_1_28?crid=E45KA88BILGW&keywords=dark+horse+comics&qid=1581897690&s=books&sprefix=dark+horese+comi%2Cstripbooks-intl-ship%2C381&sr=1-28

Nice felix!  Even though I'm buying the individual comics I'll still purchase the trade.

Until then, issue #2 is coming March 18!

I'm the same. I buy the singles as they come out because I'm impatient and I understand single sales contribute a lot towards perceived success from publisher POVs, then I upgrade to trades for ease of shelfing and give my singles away.

felix

I apologise, but it isn't that a waste of money? For me its trade paperback collections all the way. It's easier to shelf and keep track that way.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: felix on Feb 18, 2020, 03:43:46 AM
I apologise, but it isn't that a waste of money? For me its trade paperback collections all the way. It's easier to shelf and keep track that way.

I guess to some yes. For me personally I look at it through the prism of a collector and possible future resale. While exceptions exist to the rule, individual comics usually hold the value and often go up in value, and the better the condition the higher the value. Reprints via trades, not so much, so the paperbacks receive my re-reads and subsequent wear, while the comics remain bag & boarded in pristine condition that sometimes I keep, sometimes I sell eventually on ebay.  But that's just me.  :)

426Buddy

Yeah I am the same only I keep all mine. I have a strong attachement too them, probably see them as a connection to my childhood.

I would say I have around 90% of all published and re-released singles and trades. I just got the Isolation comic recently, that took a lil time to get at a reasonable price. Also I found that mini HC AvP with the Swanland cover and the excellent recolored interior.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: felix on Feb 18, 2020, 03:43:46 AM

Oh, for sure. But I like to give other fans who might have the money, or the opportunity a chance to experience them. I'm too impatient to wait for the trades, I like to support my franchises so I'd rather purchase than read on dodgy websites, and I prefer the ease of the trades when they're out.

JokersWarPig

I'm the same as Hicks. I buy the individual issues and then get the collected editions of most of the comics/arcs I follow. I end up giving the single issues to my little brother.

molasar

#4 covers

Spoiler
Violence and carnage erupt! The Hunters await the opportunity to ambush the Predators, but a companion's past may cost them the hunt and their lives!
[close]

CHRIS WARNER VARIANT COVER

Voodoo Magic

Thanks for posting molasar!

I'm not a fan of that particular variant cover but it's cool that Chris did that one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed