Rebellion Sorry for PS3 Demo Problems

Started by Darkness, Feb 08, 2010, 10:54:01 PM

Author
Rebellion Sorry for PS3 Demo Problems (Read 23,223 times)

Jt

Jt

I'm gonna be honest here...I love the AVP demo, but it really isn't the greatest. It could be better. I'm trying to not be in fanboy denial. I'm still going to buy it, and I will enjoy the shit out of it, but it's more Left 4 Dead, than Call of Duty. Left 4 Dead is pretty damn popular, and that's why it doesn't matter, but the point being is that it's very arcade-ish. It's not as detailed as it could be, and it lacks some of the features other FPS have, like zooming and crouching. I'm just saying from a technical standpoint, it's not anything spectacular. But neither was the game Prototype, and that was still really fun to play. Graphics aren't everything. But I'm not gonna kid myself and say it's the "pre-release code". Chances are the actual game will be exactly the same, and I have yet to see a demo on PS3 that looked any different than it's final version.

AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Hey Guys! I've been playing the demo for a couple of days and I say it is great. Only one thing annoyed me, remember the freedom of being able to pounce or leap as an alien....it seems as though the pounce in this avp is good until you suddenly lose force...maybe its just me...I remember AVP2 when you could pounce from ledge to ledge, or as a marine or pred taking out an alien who was mid air and pretty high up....but apart from that it's cool! Thumbs up!

BMS

BMS

The GI review means little to me, since the first AVP was also blasted by a few gaming mags (the largest being Computer Gaming Monthly which gave it a 6/10 I believe.) I will wait for the Gamespot and IGN reviews....the original scored above an 8 there and if this one does I will buy it. Unfortunately, a game that is UNIVERSALLY panned is usually not worth your money- mainly because it is less a matter of opinion and more the presence of some universally off-putting flaw. The Demo, for me, is fun (especially as the Alien) but I am hoping the final version has more graphical options (for the PC) and crouching (it's important for the Pred.) The facial animations are top-notch (Crysis quality) in the demo, but the lighting & backgrounds need some DX11 work and Anti-Aliasing.

Fujimaster

@JT ~ what platform are you using to play because PC is solid. I did play the PS3 version and must admit I was disappointed in the quality compared to some games I have played (i.e. ghostbusters in 1080p) but I still had a blast ripping off marines skulls.

Predator-101

Sorry jedimastergabe but Dantes infeno was an epic fail. Bioshock 2 may be a fair competitor though along with red dead redemption and fallout new vegas.

Ironseven

@ fujimaster yes i know ? but a decent number would have been atleast 100.000 or more

Fujimaster

true - that was only in the first few days though. But agreed for the amount of peeps out there in xbox land 14000 seems pretty average.

Ironseven

well atleast that explains why it takes forever to find a game   :P  

The Replacement

Tell you guys what. I have problems with the Demo, sure. No crouch and no Iron sights.....But I'll tell you somethin else. The sense of panic and hair raising forboding you get whilst playing the marine is phonominal. And thats all I need. The sense of atmosphere in the game is astounding. And thats only one level in multiplayer!!!!!

My buddies and I were playing 4 player L4D at my place on saturday night. We set up 2 x boxes and  2 projectors displaying on the same wall and went hell for leather on the zombies till about 3 in the morning. Anyway, during a break my buddies, hard core gamers to a man, were asking me about the AVP demo. Now, I'm a PS3 man so I told them best off downloading the demo onto one of the x boxs which we had in the room. They did that and started playing.......they were AMAZED at the game. Each of them has vowed to get it. They demanded I put on Aliens after they played the demo! I asked them; 'hey, what about L4D?'  'Forget it', they said. 'We gotta watch Aliens'. We spent the rest of the night/mornin watchin Aliens and quoting it from end to end.

Knowing my friends as I do, that response from them is the greatest endorsement this game will get for me.

goreblaster

goreblaster

hmmmmm ps3 matchmakin somewhat fixed? ive been playing all day, it found 8 players pretty fast every time...

The Replacement

One more thing, the graphical difference between the PS3 and the XBOX 360 is huge, in favor of XBOX.

To all my fellow PS3 owners, we are getting the short end of the graphics stick, I cann tell ya that much.....

goreblaster

goreblaster

i seriously doubt that

The Replacement

And do you have anything what so ever to substantiate your doubts? anything at all to add? Hmmm?

goreblaster

goreblaster

yup, got xbox AND ps3, use PIP on fullHD tv, and no diff at all
maybe in full version dunno, but not the demo for sure

The Replacement

Right, well did you notice how on the menu screen for the xbox there is a revolving xray of the facehugger in the background, looks all nice and cool.

On the PS3 version, its not there.

Also, the glow effect on the Pulse rifle mussel after firing seems better and more pronounced on the XBOX than PS3. Generally I think the graphics look better on XBOX360.....much to my disappointment.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed