Rebellion Sorry for PS3 Demo Problems

Started by Darkness, Feb 08, 2010, 10:54:01 PM

Author
Rebellion Sorry for PS3 Demo Problems (Read 23,283 times)

Darkness

There’s a new article on CVG where Rebellion give us an update on how the demo’s been doing. Basically, it’s had 14,000 downloads on X-Box Live with an approval rating of 4.5/5. There was an issue with the PC demo where people had difficulty with the matchmaking. That was patched almost straight away, however PS3 users are still left unable to play the demo unless you do it via friends. Here’s what they had to say on the matter:

“The one unforeseen issue was the matchmaking on PS3, that really came out of left field and we’ve still got Sony engineers helping us look into what is at fault. I understand why people question how it wasn’t spotted sooner but we just can’t replicate that kind of scale in normal testing.

“Had we left Create and Browse Games in there as with the full game the problem wouldn’t have been so serious. Bottom line is we’re really sorry to all those PS3 owners and are working as fast as possible to find a solution which will help them enjoy the demo too.”

There’s a couple of new articles. There’s a new preview on CHUD, Guardian and XBox360Achievements and an interview on Kotaku. The Kartel have recently uploaded a “mega feature” including interviews, hands-on impressions and more.

There’s also a new review in Game Informer Magazine (scan here) where it scored 5.75/10. I wouldn’t take too much stock of what he said because the things he was complaining about aren’t really relevant. Thanks to Tim, ikarop, newbeing and Richman678 for the news.

TwIIsTeD PrEdAtOr

TwIIsTeD PrEdAtOr

game informer can suck my nuts because AvP is epic   ;D  

Fatal Facepalm

:( atleast they apoloized. lol...shut up Tool xD

Cookie

Cookie

omg i cant even imagine playing this game on console, i runs flawless on comp.   8)  

DoomGuy86

DoomGuy86

Don't know what to think. I've bouthg recently the first AVP on Steam, and after that decided to purchase the PC AVP 2010. I've bought bad reviewed games in the past, and I've never been wrong with my selections, neither tihs AVP. Pred-Fan forever!!!   ;D  

Deathstrike

Well the guys first problem is reviewing for a console mag. PC will always rule, and the 2nd is.. well he's an idiot. I've played the crap out of the bugged out demo and love it. I got your backs rebellion.

Mike

Mike

I think no one will be disappointed with this game when it's officially out!   ;D  

Baasje92

Tool is one of the persons who makes pc v console wars happen,

And i actually think hes a kiddo of around the age of 10 maybe 12

Luke

Luke

Gameinformer has always been like that, extremly negative about game reviews, they even found loads of problems with all the halos and modern warfares  ???    :huh. I played the demo and it was a blast.  :)  

JediMasterGabe

JediMasterGabe

That GameInformer review is terrible. The reviewer obviously knows nothing about AVP because one of the complaints he makes if that he doesn't like the motion tracker because its too loud! Its suppose to be loud so you know when your about to be killed. And obviously he doesn't get the point of the flashlight- Its suppose to limit your vision!
I have more complaints but im starting to ramble.

I really hope this one terrible review doesnt cause a bunch of canceled pre-orders and people choosing to buy Bioshock instead.

Farow

Farow

To be fair, Halo 2 and 3 sucked compared to the first.
and CoD4 beats CoD6 anyday.
CoD2 still beats CoD4 though :P
i could find alot of problems in CoD4 and 6.
But.. on topic - the avp demo is awesome and i cant wait for single player, its just sad that the predators are at a disadvantage in the map and cant get very good vantage points except the blatantly obvious ones that aliens love to hang at.
Although i saw an out-door forest map played and it looked amazing for preds and i cant wait for that, also for singleplayer to;
1. Bully marines and pick them off slowly.
2. Bully scientists :P
3. Shit myself and scream mindlessly, i refuse to play the marine campaign during daylight :P

Doublepost<3 soz
@JediMasterGabe - Whats wrong with bioshock?
ive bought both AvP and Bioshock.. and Bad Company :P :P

BeserkerJoe

BeserkerJoe

I think those who post comments like "I cancelled my order based on this demo" usually end with "and I didn't like the game  anyway" so let them by Bioshock. It's probably a better game FOR THEM. I've waited years for this. It's not everything i wanted (I wanted split screen co-op for the single player campaign) but it'll be enough. Expecting a good 7.5 maybe 8 in reviews- hopefully better!

broussard226

okay thanks well u guys at least there trying u know they could just as easy not fix it.

Limpinator

Ok guys those of you who saw the review don't go getting second thoughts now. He dosent know crap! I agree with JediMasterGabe that he has no clue what hes talking about, I mean he was saying how the alien controls are horrible. When I play the demo Alien is my fav and I think the controls are AMAZING!

So people dont worry about this stupid review this guy has no clue what hes talking about. And also
ALIEN FTW!!!!

RavagerX

In the demo, Rebellion put a message that said "This demo is based on pre-release code and DOES NOT reflect the quality of the final product."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed