Estimates on Trailer Release?

Started by ace3g, Nov 28, 2017, 04:30:05 AM

Author
Estimates on Trailer Release? (Read 119,297 times)

ace3g

ace3g

With 248 days till the release of The Predator, what is your guess on the over/under for days prior to premiere date will the first trailer be released?

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: ace3g on Nov 28, 2017, 04:30:05 AM
With 248 days till the release of The Predator, what is your guess on the over/under for days prior to premiere date will the first trailer be released?
Rule of thumb for the average studio tentpole is 6 months prior to release. That would be February for The Predator, could be End of January with FOX's Maze Runner though. I wouldn't expect a trailer/teaser before that.

Corporal Hicks

I'm not expecting anything until end of Jan/start of February personally. I think Shane Black made a comment on Twitter a while back that also put it in this timespan.

Darkoo

Darkoo

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Nov 28, 2017, 11:17:44 AM
That would be February for The Predator, could be End of January with FOX's Maze Runner though. I wouldn't expect a trailer/teaser before that.
Exactly
The first teaser probably will debut with Maze Runner / Cloverfield 3 movie. (end of January)

BigDaddyJohn

Remember the first teaser for Covenant came out kinda late, less than five months before the movie release ? I hope Fox will not do the same, i doubt it honestly but you never know...

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 28, 2017, 01:11:03 PM
Remember the first teaser for Covenant came out kinda late, less than five months before the movie release ? I hope Fox will not do the same, i doubt it honestly but you never know...
Covenant was en exception, they shifted the release from August to May, soon after that we had the first teaser, which arrived on christmas, with the movie released on 19 May 2017. Still almost following the 6 months rule.    

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Nov 28, 2017, 02:15:57 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 28, 2017, 01:11:03 PM
Covenant was en exception, they shifted the release from August to May, soon after that we had the first teaser, which arrived on christmas, with the movie released on 19 May 2017. Still almost following the 6 months rule.

True, i forgot about the movie being pulled forward.

Stealth_Hunter

After the leaked non-official looks at some Predators, I was expecting they'd release official stills of them well before the trailer.

Now I'm wondering if the trailer will offer only slight glimpses.

Darkoo

Darkoo

One year ago, Alien: Covenant footage and trailer screened at 20th Century Fox 2017 Showcase Preview.
Corporal Hicks, have you heard anything about the 2018 Showcase ?
I hope, 20th century Fox will hold a similiar event this year with Predator trailer and footage.

Corporal Hicks

I've enquired but haven't heard anything from the UK office. When I asked the US office a few months back there were no plans.

happypred

happypred

Early 2018...hope the first teaser has a bit of substance, not just clicking sounds and a mask

Stealth_Hunter

Anyone else tempted to not watch the trailer at all so all visuals are a surprise going in? I'm thinking that's what I might do. Perhaps listen to some of it, then get a feel for how movie fans feel about it but try to stay away from actually watching. These days so many trailers give away the whole movie, it's a shame.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Dec 09, 2017, 01:06:58 AM
Anyone else tempted to not watch the trailer at all so all visuals are a surprise going in? I'm thinking that's what I might do. Perhaps listen to some of it, then get a feel for how movie fans feel about it but try to stay away from actually watching. These days so many trailers give away the whole movie, it's a shame.

I'll definitely watch it. You're right pointing out that some trailers show too much stuff, i hope that won't be the case for this one, because once i'll start watching, the damage will already be done. Remember the AVP R trailer ? This was ridiculous ! They showed all the potential "cool" stuff in it !

skhellter

skhellter

Trailer on christmas day a la Covenant would be nice.

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

Shane black has a strange obsession with Christmas. So Christmas day?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed