Brand new PROMETHEUS Facebook App!

Started by Cvalda, Apr 05, 2012, 10:11:23 AM

Author
Brand new PROMETHEUS Facebook App! (Read 31,495 times)

Cvalda

Cvalda

https://apps.facebook.com/starmap_uk/

As pointed out originally in the Empire thread, there is an awesome new app on Facebook, including interactive goodies and some intriguing new stills from the film, shown below:

Note also the Weyland-Yutani logos! There are some neat animated GIFS as well:

Vickers

Wow, thanks for posting this!  Excuse my stupidity but how do we add this app?  It's the first time I'm excited about using a Facebook app.

Cvalda

Cvalda

I have no idea :P I don't see a "like" button anywhere or somesuch.

Space Sweeper

Beautiful images. I love the room lined with urns. Absolutely majestic.

RoaryUK

Really like this one, so much imformation in there when you really look.... sweet!  :)

Snowdog

I want to like this or anything but i cant find a like button or anything

Prime113

That shot looks so...clean I love it.

Valaquen

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 05, 2012, 10:11:23 AM

The images on those screens ... are in Alien also, IIRC.

Eva

Eva

Nice find  :)

Excellent pics.... it seems there's at least a crew of 3 on the Prometheus bridge just moments before collision impact. The ultimate sacrifice...?  :'(

David holding the Earth in his hands... some symbolism here perhaps...?

zuzuki

zuzuki

At the bottom of that hologram it looks like the big giant rooms, but in the centre there seems to be a tunnel going up to the top of that mountain, and those horizontal lines in the mountain/temple what could they be?
And at the top of that tunnel there's a red dot, possibly the location of a scanning sphere, or a lifeform moving?the same on one of those horizontal lines.
Awsome pictures, great find. thanks

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: Eva on Apr 05, 2012, 02:20:17 PM

David holding the Earth in his hands... some symbolism here perhaps...?

Atlas? (shrugs)

...apologies...

Quote from: zuzuki on Apr 05, 2012, 02:43:01 PM

At the bottom of that hologram it looks like the big giant rooms, but in the centre there seems to be a tunnel going up to the top of that mountain, and those horizontal lines in the mountain/temple what could they be?
And at the top of that tunnel there's a red dot, possibly the location of a scanning sphere, or a lifeform moving?the same on one of those horizontal lines.

Those aren't horizontal lines...they're depicting a spiralling tunnel to the large central chamber...and some sort of shaft leading upwards, maybe to the derelict?

zuzuki

zuzuki

Quote from: Glaive on Apr 05, 2012, 02:44:01 PM

Those aren't horizontal lines...they're depicting a spiralling tunnel to the large central chamber...and some sort of shaft leading upwards, maybe to the derelict?

Nope the from the trailers it seems the derelict is underground, and not even under the temple. it's a little bit to the side. check the trailers when the ground is opening up.
But cool observation about the spiraling tunnel. These temples are really weird. When you look at them from the outside they look like they were made, and then in time got eroded because of the elements. they have the same look like the egiptian piramids and sphinx. But if you look at this scan, above the round rooms, everything seems to be carved inside of a mountain. doesn't look like a build structure. And i like this a lot cause, the stranger these things are, the more alien they look and give a unique look to the race that build them

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: zuzuki on Apr 05, 2012, 03:04:51 PM
Quote from: Glaive on Apr 05, 2012, 02:44:01 PM

Nope the from the trailers it seems the derelict is underground, and not even under the temple. it's a little bit to the side. check the trailers when the ground is opening up.

I only suggested that the derelict might be up top was due to the vertical shaft...and the only thing we've seen rise from the vertical shaft is the penis-o-scope, and penis-o-scope implies derelict (even though the 'doors' that open to release the ship are OBVIOUSLY on a flat plain)...maybe the shaft is for the unseen vagina-mometer?

Can't wait to find out!!

First Blood

Amazing shots. That globe picture is...woah.

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

Anyone else realize there are timers on the red planet holograms. I think when the selected hologram hits 0:0:00 it will show new content?!?!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed