As the end of July soon approaches, the team over at Cold Iron have now dropped a trailer for Season 4 of Aliens: Fireteam Elite, along with the details of what the last of Year 1’s updates will entail!
Along with the much anticipated crossplay, Season 4 also sees the release of a new game mode called Restock Turrets. As with Horde and Point Defence, Restock Turrets is another twist on the skirmish mode that sees your squad of ultimate badasses need to keep their turrets stocked with plenty of ammunition!
Load up, Marines! Restock Turrets is a new game mode where you have to fend off Xenomorphs coming from every direction while keeping your turrets stocked up to defend your positions.
Do you have what it takes to fend off wave after wave? Or will you crumble like a Power Loader without a fuel cell?
Season 4 also sees the debut of a Prestige progression system that lets you rank up again after hitting the level base level cap.
- Prestige Ranks: Upon reaching level 20, your experience points start counting toward Prestige rank, starting at 1 and going all the way up to 100.
- Bragging Rights: Prestige unlocks new nameplates that show off your rank and let other players know just how good you really are.
- Rewards: Every 10 Prestige levels, players unlock new exclusive rewards, including outfits, head accessories, gun colors, decals, emotes, nameplates, and more.
The new update also sees 4 new weapons added to the Colonial Marines armoury with the addition of the M51 Breaching Scattergun, P.649 HEL, SVAT-92 Sokol and the DKT-59 Misha!
- CQW: M51 Breaching Scattergun – Armat's Double-shot burst shotgun with wide coverage, but minimal accuracy beyond close range.
- Heavy: P.649 HEL – Weyland-Yutani’s High-Energy Laser. A highly accurate, long range, ammo-based energy weapon with stronger charged shots.
- Rifle: SVAT-92 Sokol – The only fully automatic Sniper Rifle. Effective against multiple long distance threats, but with less stopping power than traditional sniper rifles.
- Hand Gun: DKT-59 Misha – Shotgun-like hand gun with devastating short range stopping power, but frequent reloading needs and low long range accuracy.
Season 4 also sees the addition of a new feature, the Fabrication Reprocessor, that allows you to recycle your unused and unwanted challenge cards to get new cards. And, of course, also comes with a new cosmetic pack, the Freelancer Pack!
Stay protected on the frontier of the Outer Rim with Weyland-Yutani's APEsuit Mk.3! Or go with the more casual look and slide into a pair of Seegson Maintenance overalls.
Players out there who purchased the Deluxe Edition of the game will receive the new pack upon release, but also available for purchase separately if you want to gear up in the APEsuit and try to catch the Dragon!
We don’t yet know what the Year 2 roadmap looks like, but following the release of Season 4, fans also have Pathogen, the first new story content update to Aliens: Fireteam Elite to look forward to!
Make sure to keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest intel on Aliens: Fireteam Elite! You can follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!
Link To Post