Mechanics Needing To Be Changed

Started by Xenomorphine, Jan 21, 2010, 02:27:51 AM

Author
Mechanics Needing To Be Changed (Read 75,567 times)

The Mighty Hunter

People still do online petition? Name atleast 3 of these that atually caused a big difference.
Get used to the control and stop complaning.

Brother

Easy to say for the preds, their ninja button is a piece of cake to use.

Sabres21768

Quote from: visagepoissons on Mar 06, 2010, 08:37:35 AM
Quote from: InfestedGoat on Mar 04, 2010, 06:53:42 PM
Quote from: nubi on Mar 04, 2010, 06:15:09 PM
no thanks wall walk works just fine  ;)

QFT

this is the most realistic alien-like wallwalk i've ever seen. Havent you guys seen Alien 3? It moves the same way. I LOVE IT. Also, its 100x times easier than constantly having to hold down a button. As an alien, I rarely walk on the floor. It is just limiting if you do that ;-)

Lrn2Alien walk.
+ 1

The Alien feels the most natural to me in this game. This is the first game where I feel like I'm controlling the actual creature rather then a camera called an alien.

I COMPLETELY agree.

This is the best wall walk yet. 

Dreamon666

Quote from: PLEXI on Mar 09, 2010, 01:03:03 PM
Yeah... I already sold my copy.  Kinda sucks since you really can't sell the game for close to retail price. Then I bought AVP Classic(Never had the chance to play it before) :D  IMHO this decade old game is far superior in terms of game play, I've had more fun in the first hour then I've had with my entire experience of AVP3.

As i said before, if Rebellion gave a refund for this game, they'd be broke right.
So many people would return it.

And to others: Yes we are angry, because this is the same thing as a sham, they let you pay for something and it's not worth it what you get in return.
The same thing as someone selling you a car that looks nice and halfway home the wheels fall off and the engine stalls.

o_O_SAUSAGE_O_o

Quote from: Dreamon666 on Mar 08, 2010, 10:26:58 PM

Well, it's not really about COD we're talking here, but i do think COD can be compared to this game, even though people think it can't.
The way i think it can be compared to COD is because that's a modern game in MP, it has all the ingredients to keep a game interesting (variant maps and lots of diff weapons) and all the controls and realism to it to make it look good (like crouch and prone, ironsights and accuracy affecting factors, hiding behind cover, camouflage,....) and a good system of server and player finding + non p2p hosted servers.
AVP3 game lacks all of this.
I mean that AVP3 didn't go along with it's time and didn't 'evolve' enough to compete with other game.

Oke, you can say, "sucky COD and AVP is better because it has aliens and preds in it", BUT games like battlefield and COD brought MP shooters into a new era and AVP3 just can't compete there, those games made it harder for the competition and we're used to that kind of gameplay and AVP3 couldn't live up to that image.

Dreamon said it best...This is why the game fails... the design itself is way to  inferior compared to the games online now.

Zakharov

Quote from: Dreamon666 on Mar 09, 2010, 07:14:57 PM
Quote from: PLEXI on Mar 09, 2010, 01:03:03 PM
Yeah... I already sold my copy.  Kinda sucks since you really can't sell the game for close to retail price. Then I bought AVP Classic(Never had the chance to play it before) :D  IMHO this decade old game is far superior in terms of game play, I've had more fun in the first hour then I've had with my entire experience of AVP3.

As i said before, if Rebellion gave a refund for this game, they'd be broke right.
So many people would return it.

And to others: Yes we are angry, because this is the same thing as a sham, they let you pay for something and it's not worth it what you get in return.
The same thing as someone selling you a car that looks nice and halfway home the wheels fall off and the engine stalls.

And now you can buy air freshener for just 5.99 euro for that car. That's great, isn't it?  :D

Well, don't take me too serious on this matter.  :D

Undel

Undel

Quote from: Dreamon666 on Mar 08, 2010, 09:47:12 PM
Hi, first of all no hard feelings, but:

I'd like to know what the devs are up to and why we get so late responses lately, not only has the game nearly died after 3 weeks, but it seems like the admins and devs have given up aswell.
Are they trying to fix stuff or is the game a total loss and do they abandon all hope for trying to pull it out of it's course down a black hole.

Many problems have been discussed in other topics so i aint gonna explain them, but a quick list of hottest topics were:
-Balancing issues with races and weapons
-Ranked servers and useless unlocks
-MP completely based on p2p servers (never seen this this in pc game before, it's ancient and only used in console games)
-Low variety of weapons and skins
-Short SP
-Poor maps/ lvl design (too small, too few, lots of pred based maps,...)

Everything besides the too short SP can still be fixed, but we aint hearing anything about these subjects if they're even considering to fix it, only questions being answered in the 'Q/A answer' topic which nobody finds useful.
Plz give us some information, or are the devs scared that if we know they're not doing anything that we would abandon the game immediately?
Devs and admins, we have spend more time on this forum discussing things that seem to be ignored than that we're actually playing!
Just the same old sh*t like always, the devs have their money and don't seem to care about the rest?

This game had potential, this game could have made it, but finishing it too quick and thinking that 10 year old gameplay and a quick remake from a successful game back then (namely avp1) killed this from the moment it came out.
I think it's a record time in how fast a game has been abandoned... ever.

PS: If this game gave a refund for unsatisfied customer, rebellion was broke after the second week of release.

So do miracles still exist or is it a lost cause?

Whatever their reaction is, posting nonconstructive petitions won't help at all. There's no point on being redundant.

As for people complaining about the patch not coming. Relationships between publishers and studios aren't as simple as many people seem to think. Rebellion ACTUALLY listen to the issues people have as everybody have seen here already, but obviously it's ultimately up to SEGA and not Rebellion to decide what to do with the feedback, besides releasing a disc fix on consoles takes A LOT of money from the publisher and work from Rebellion to identify all the issues, which is likely to take "some" time. Just quit being impatient about that.

Crabface

Crabface

An adequate spawn system would be nice.
For instance: I just spawned as an ALIEN. A marine pops up right in front of me with his back turned easy kill. I was in a match were I was able to camp 1 team for most of the match ending with a ton of kills; just from the inability to spawn in a place were nobody is.

Also why do ALIENS explode when caught on fire?

never

never

Quote from: Crabface on Mar 10, 2010, 12:07:39 AMAlso why do ALIENS explode when caught on fire?

Exoskeleton.

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Brother on Mar 09, 2010, 01:38:02 PM

Because pressing A whilst looking at any surface is harder than holding down LT, having to find a suitable location and then pressing A...

Rrrright.

Alien movement is a peice of cake.

Brother

Brother

Could have been, if the wall walking wasn't so poorly done.

Porkus Maximus

Quote from: Aeus on Mar 10, 2010, 03:35:16 AM
Quote from: Brother on Mar 09, 2010, 01:38:02 PM

Because pressing A whilst looking at any surface is harder than holding down LT, having to find a suitable location and then pressing A...

Rrrright.

Alien movement is a peice of cake.

True, but I've never had the Predator focus jump turn my facing 180 degrees before. ;)

xUSMCx

xUSMCx

Yeh boi!

crumbs

crumbs

Sorry, but this has to be the STUPIDEST decision in the whole game (of which there are many). Likewise, limiting 'Infestation' mode to only Marines-->Aliens. AVP2 was fully customisable with its multiplayer modes and choice of species.

Another question: Why couldn't Domination be 3 way with all 3 species duelling for points, instead of just 2? It's unorthodox decisions like that that help make a game unique and popular. If people just wanted a bastardised UT mode, they'll play UT3.

So much wasted potential, and so many needless restrictions in this game. I'll never understand who made these decisions, because they're just limiting the fun factor and lasting appeal of a game that feels the same every time you play it.

Quote from: crumbs on Mar 12, 2010, 09:11:11 AM
Sorry, but this has to be the STUPIDEST decision in the whole game (of which there are many). Likewise, limiting 'Infestation' mode to only Marines-->Aliens. AVP2 was fully customisable with its multiplayer modes and choice of species.

Another question: Why couldn't Domination be 3 way with all 3 species duelling for points, instead of just 2? It's unorthodox decisions like that that help make a game unique and popular. If people just wanted a bastardised UT mode, they'll play UT3.

So much wasted potential, and so many needless restrictions in this game. I'll never understand who made these decisions, because they're just limiting the fun factor and lasting appeal of a game that feels the same every time you play it.

my guess is they ripped the code directly from their own battlefront psp games and writing code for 3 teams would be too awkward, perhaps?
either that or they are secretly working on battlefront 3 and domination mode was simlpy put in because they already had the code for that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed