Filming on Noah Hawley's Alien Series Pushed Back to September 2022

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 29, 2022, 09:02:19 AM

Author
Filming on Noah Hawley's Alien Series Pushed Back to September 2022 (Read 15,744 times)

Nukiemorph

Even more time waiting & wondering if the prequels are being recontextualized or completely abandoned.

I hope someone can at least answer that question soon.

Local Trouble

And Ridley ain't getting any younger.

Perfect-Organism

I prefer that they make it a massive undertaking, so let them take their time.

Nightmare Asylum

Take as long as they need... and do a Covenant sequel in the interim!

Ridley needs something lined up on his plate after Gladiator 2 (and potentially some episodes of Blade Runner 2099). ;)

Kradan

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 20, 2022, 04:55:22 PM
... and do a Covenant sequel in the interim!

Yes, God, please, I beg ya !

Voodoo Magic

Mr. Clemens

SomeGuy

At this point, I'm just waiting for them to announce that it's cancelled.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SomeGuy on Feb 23, 2022, 02:43:34 AM

It wouldn't be shocking if that happened would it. So I get that fear.

Ingwar

QuoteI know you're a very busy man, but any chance of getting you back in the director's chair for season 3?

Always that possibility, because I just love to work, you know? And I'm now a month in on this [Napoleon]. I'm already a month in. I've got three months to go. I discovered a long time ago that once I've filmed something, I've got it, and I've said, "Okay, that's a wrap." I'm seeing it every day is what I've done in an editing room. Every weekend I'm watching a cut happening. So frequently, and by the way, you can only do this with a really good editor, I leave them to get on with it because then I'm seeing a cut on the weekend. And because I'm clean, I haven't been sitting in the room agonizing over a shot here or there, we think we will have a director's cut honestly five or six weeks after production, not a year. So I then realized I twiddle my thumbs, and that's why I've now decided to move on, and I can do things while things are happening. So I'm already thinking, prepping another TV show.

https://ew.com/tv/ridley-scott-raised-by-wolves-blade-runner-alien/

Alien or Blade Runner?

Nightmare Asylum

I'm thinking Blade Runner 2099, since there are rumblings that he is actually going to do some directing on that one. No such rumors for Hawley's Alien series.

Billiken

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 25, 2022, 03:09:19 PM

Yeah this has canceled written all over it hence why they announced a film.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Billiken on Mar 20, 2022, 09:28:31 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 25, 2022, 03:09:19 PM

Yeah this has canceled written all over it hence why they announced a film.

Well, I wouldn't personally go as far and place a correlation between the two, who knows, but the constant delays, the pressure is on, execs start getting impatient, Noah starts to get more and more frustrated with that impatience because art takes time, and then Noah walks. The ingredients are there for that same depressing recipe. Fingers crossed it doesn't become that.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ingwar on Mar 19, 2022, 01:26:50 PM
QuoteI know you're a very busy man, but any chance of getting you back in the director's chair for season 3?

Always that possibility, because I just love to work, you know? And I'm now a month in on this [Napoleon]. I'm already a month in. I've got three months to go. I discovered a long time ago that once I've filmed something, I've got it, and I've said, "Okay, that's a wrap." I'm seeing it every day is what I've done in an editing room. Every weekend I'm watching a cut happening. So frequently, and by the way, you can only do this with a really good editor, I leave them to get on with it because then I'm seeing a cut on the weekend. And because I'm clean, I haven't been sitting in the room agonizing over a shot here or there, we think we will have a director's cut honestly five or six weeks after production, not a year. So I then realized I twiddle my thumbs, and that's why I've now decided to move on, and I can do things while things are happening. So I'm already thinking, prepping another TV show.

https://ew.com/tv/ridley-scott-raised-by-wolves-blade-runner-alien/

Alien or Blade Runner?

So he's not doing Gladiator 2 directly after Napoleon anymore?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed