What do you want to see in Romulus?

Started by littlesprout, Jan 07, 2023, 11:15:22 PM

Author
What do you want to see in Romulus? (Read 37,675 times)

littlesprout

Just curious as to what all the fans want to see from the new upcoming movie.

Me personally, I want the Alien to go back to its darker routes with more fear from not seeing the creature as much.

Oh and I really would like just one Alien film where we don't get a happy ending (not counting Aliens ending and Alien 3 picking up where it left off or Alien Covenants David).

One preferably where the Alien is not defeated and we are left to ponder what comes next.

Nightmare Asylum

Just thinking visually for now, since we're pretty in the dark on what the movie's actual ambitions are, I would love for the world it is set on - be it called "Romulus" or something else - to be the site of ancient, decaying biomechanical Engineer/Space Jockey ruins (with a bit of Covenant-esque Roman architecture thrown in, for good measure).

Recent implied habitation by David, in between the Engineers' departure and the film's cast's arrival, would be cool but is not a requirement. ;)

Immortan Jonesy

I want Ridley to go crazy and turn this into some sort of spiritual successor  ;D

But yeah, I know he's not directing lol

Gr33n M4n

As much as a disliked Covenant I still wanna know what happened with David.

PAS Spinelli

I know I don't want to see anything from the prequels

SiL

SiL

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Jan 08, 2023, 06:46:31 AMI know I don't want to see anything from the prequels
I know we butt heads sometimes but for this we are absolutely in agreement.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I want it to be different, like as different as Alien Resurrection was from Alien³ as Alien³ was from Aliens and as Aliens was from Alien, it is something I loved immediately about the series from my first exposure as a kid to them on DVD.

When I flipped open that Quadrilogy to me it was never one film was clearly better than the other at that time, but did I want to be immersed in the discovery of the derelict, or the dazzling fun trill ride of Aliens, the intensity of Alien³ and such triumph over the animal and man, or the bizarre Saturday Morning cartoon feeling I got watching Alien Resurrection.

Just take the basic concept and make it your own.

<3

Kradan

Couldn't have said it better myself

Nightmare Asylum

And knowing Álvarez, I'd imagine that the sensibilities inherent to his brand of filmmaking are going to yield something trashier/schlockier than we're used to from this particular series (and mind you, I don't say that in a demeaning way at all, it's just his particular style that he usually goes for and he's proven that over and over again). It will be very interesting to see how that translates to Alien.

TC

TC

Just give me a movie that makes me feel something.

TC

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jan 08, 2023, 01:30:52 PMI want it to be different, like as different as Alien Resurrection was from Alien³ as Alien³ was from Aliens and as Aliens was from Alien, it is something I loved immediately about the series from my first exposure as a kid to them on DVD.

When I flipped open that Quadrilogy to me it was never one film was clearly better than the other at that time, but did I want to be immersed in the discovery of the derelict, or the dazzling fun trill ride of Aliens, the intensity of Alien³ and such triumph over the animal and man, or the bizarre Saturday Morning cartoon feeling I got watching Alien Resurrection.

Just take the basic concept and make it your own.

https://img.tradera.net/large-fit/004/505395004_c7dd0a82-3c7a-4275-9031-a5d16dcc8416.jpg
<3

That's true. Each movie is different and with its own vibe. Arguably even the prequels. Prometheus with its grandiose space adventure concept, then Covenant with its gothic elements. But yup, that is more beautifully appreciable with the original Alien Quadrilogy, and it would be nicely accurate for Alien Romulus film to be unique as well.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 08, 2023, 02:23:06 PMAnd knowing Álvarez, I'd imagine that the sensibilities inherent to his brand of filmmaking are going to yield something trashier/schlockier than we're used to from this particular series (and mind you, I don't say that in a demeaning way at all, it's just his particular style that he usually goes for and he's proven that over and over again). It will be very interesting to see how that translates to Alien.

I'm not very familiar with Álvarez's filmography. Do his movies have a campy vibe or something?

Quote from: TC on Jan 08, 2023, 03:47:03 PMJust give me a movie that makes me feel something.

TC

Well, some movies can make us feel amazed, satisfied, disappointed... but to the point of not making us feel anything at all? Is there any movie on the IP that has left you with that feeling?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 08, 2023, 04:46:24 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 08, 2023, 02:23:06 PMAnd knowing Álvarez, I'd imagine that the sensibilities inherent to his brand of filmmaking are going to yield something trashier/schlockier than we're used to from this particular series (and mind you, I don't say that in a demeaning way at all, it's just his particular style that he usually goes for and he's proven that over and over again). It will be very interesting to see how that translates to Alien.

I'm not very familiar with Álvarez's filmography. Do his movies have a campy vibe or something?

Not so much campy (except for the moments in his Evil Dead remake that are explicitly attempting to harken back to Raimi's originals), but more so grindhousey I'd say. Heavy on the gore, eager to make things gross, and pretty meanspirited and brutal in going about it. Definitely not an artsy type of horror, by any means. Don't Breathe fits that bill, too.

In the main body of Alien films, the closest thing to his work, IMO, would probably be Covenant's shower sequence. I wouldn't be shocked if his film maintains a similar tone/energy as that throughout.

TheBATMAN

I want the creature to revert to the xeno's behaviour in the very first film. Instead of screeching like a hissing cat that has just had a bucket of water thrown over it and running straight at trouble, have it circle like a lion. Have it have the patience it did when it observed Brett. Have it be curious. Have it have some kind of unsettling undetone to what it is doing to its victims rather than another headbite, pull-away shot.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Jan 08, 2023, 05:51:54 PMI want the creature to revert to the xeno's behaviour in the very first film. Instead of screeching like a hissing cat that has just had a bucket of water thrown over it and running straight at trouble, have it circle like a lion. Have it have the patience it did when it observed Brett. Have it be curious. Have it have some kind of unsettling undetone to what it is doing to its victims rather than another headbite, pull-away shot.

Yes, in addition to Giger's design, that is something that has not been repeated again. The Alien's behavior was almost sapien. Then it got more feral with each installment.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 08, 2023, 05:14:00 PMNot so much campy (except for the moments in his Evil Dead remake that are explicitly attempting to harken back to Raimi's originals), but more so grindhousey I'd say. Heavy on the gore, eager to make things gross, and pretty meanspirited and brutal in going about it. Definitely not an artsy type of horror, by any means. Don't Breathe fits that bill, too.

In the main body of Alien films, the closest thing to his work, IMO, would probably be Covenant's shower sequence. I wouldn't be shocked if his film maintains a similar tone/energy as that throughout.

Oh..the shower scene? gotcha😅 We've never seen anything grindhouse in Alien. I remember a member of this site was editing the first Alien movie in that style. Quite interesting:

oduodu

oduodu

daisy ridley as ripley clone 8.

the only current actresd that has a stage presence anywhere near weaver.

ignore this. just some random musings

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed