Alien Romulus connections to other Alien media?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Dec 30, 2022, 07:29:16 PM

Do you think Alien Romulus could have some connection to the Noah Hawley series, Alien prequels or the original tetralogy?

Tied up with the Alien prequels
13 (34.2%)
Tied up with Noah Hawley series
2 (5.3%)
Tied up with Alien original tetralogy
14 (36.8%)
Tied up with AVP
0 (0%)
No link at all
9 (23.7%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author
Alien Romulus connections to other Alien media? (Read 8,155 times)

[cancerblack]

Dial it back several notches.

Stitch

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 01, 2023, 06:48:36 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Jan 30, 2023, 10:43:31 AMFor a long time, I've had this mental image of a man trapped on a deserted ship with an Alien with only thing separating them being a thick door. Slowly driven to madness by hunger, thirst, loneliness and memories of his past he starts to see it as a friend,  to talk with it and to think that he should really open that door ...

I think there is a comic that does something similar. Survival, maybe? But I'd be all onboard with this being a feature too.
I don't think there's necessarily enough there for a full feature, but I think it would make a good episode of TV. 45 minutes of story I think would work, but there may not be enough material for 90-120.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Stitch on Feb 01, 2023, 09:05:39 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 01, 2023, 06:48:36 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Jan 30, 2023, 10:43:31 AMFor a long time, I've had this mental image of a man trapped on a deserted ship with an Alien with only thing separating them being a thick door. Slowly driven to madness by hunger, thirst, loneliness and memories of his past he starts to see it as a friend,  to talk with it and to think that he should really open that door ...

I think there is a comic that does something similar. Survival, maybe? But I'd be all onboard with this being a feature too.
I don't think there's necessarily enough there for a full feature, but I think it would make a good episode of TV. 45 minutes of story I think would work, but there may not be enough material for 90-120.

I dunno..I guess it could work if it opened with the guy talking through the door, and then the movie is told as his story so we see what happened, and the reveal that it's the alien on the other side of the door comes at the end after the story concludes 😊

SiL

For 90 minutes?

Great short idea.

TC

How long was Alien: Alone (the Tongal short)? 12 - 15 minutes? Like Eighth Passenger said, this is a similar idea; it would probably stand a similar length.

Kradan, you should write it up as a one act play and send it to that school that did the stage version of Alien. A simple set, one actor, monologue, 12 minutes.   :D

TC

E. Shaw

Quote from: T Dog on Jan 12, 2023, 11:58:11 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 12, 2023, 11:17:15 PM
Quote from: T Dog on Jan 12, 2023, 10:53:27 PMIs the Noah Hawley show confirmed to be canon with the movies?

Yes, though I don't think I would really expect any explicit overlap between characters/events from the show and the films (existing or upcoming).
Oh yeah I don't want any bullshit like, "hello Mr. Ripley, how are you and your family? Congratulations on the birth of your daughter  ;)  ;) "

I'm more curious to know WHEN the T.V show will be set in the timeline since it's set on Earth.

I admit I'd love for Sigourney Weaver to make a cameo at some point as Ripley. She did that for Ghostbusters: Afrerlife.

BlueMarsalis79

I already find the return of
Spoiler
Ian Holm
[close]
offensive enough, no Ripley please and thank you.

BigDaddyJohn

I would be fine without it too.

Space_Dementia

Space_Dementia

One of those theories is around a possible connection maybe to the game Alien Isolation... I personally think it be a smart way of connecting to the character of Ripley.

E. Shaw

If I had written Romulus, the space station was one of David's labs, and the hosts are some of crew of Covenant. He then left for Origae–6.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed