Fede Álvarez’s Alien: Romulus (Working Title) to Start Principal Photography in Feburary 2023!

Started by Predalien39, Dec 19, 2022, 05:17:20 PM

Author
Fede Álvarez’s Alien: Romulus (Working Title) to Start Principal Photography in Feburary 2023! (Read 39,007 times)

Predalien39

Not sure if this has already been posted, but looks like a FEB 6th START
https://productionlist.com/production/alien-romulus/

Nightmare Asylum

Hasn't been posted, but definitely lines up with some of what we've been hearing! Thanks for sharing!

Corporal Hicks

I hadn't realised The Martian or Dune shot there too. I wonder if that's a Scott recommendation for Romulus.

xenalien

Non news for the série ? And please, with the change of Disney's chief, make this films go in theater

Vrastal

Well im excited for more news and stuff

Kradan

So they really gonna call it Romulus, huh ? I sense Ridley's strong involvement with this one

Adam802

Always excited for a new Alien movie, but I just hope its good this time lol.

R/Aliums

All I know is this will be an insult to H.R. Giger's vision of a perfect organism. Also I care about the robots and black goo now.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Though I'm enthusiastic of this Alien entry and that the series is still going it's disappointing it's to be a television debut like Prey and not a Theatrical release.

Immortan Jonesy

I hope there will be Space Jockey / Engineer stuff...and nope...I don't mean black goo. More like ancient ruins 👉👈

Corporal Hicks

I would definitely be all over something like that, but I also worry that it might not be best realized on a smaller budget. Though if the rumors are true, it's still got a sizable budget(75m) compared to AvP/R/Predators.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

The Romulus title (working or otherwise) definitely seems to imply some sort of Engineer ruins/architecture to me (in tandem with whatever direct parallels the Romulus/Remus tale has with whatever is going on in the 'present' story), especially given the sort of Roman-influenced aesthetic of their world in Covenant.

Immortan Jonesy

Ikr? They were kind of expressing their ideal physical beauty through monuments and art similar to Hellenic or ancient Roman aesthetics. That being said, we already know that real-life Romulus was the legendary founder of the city. I just hope it's not something like a spaceship name. I want subtext!😅

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 21, 2022, 08:53:30 AMI would definitely be all over something like that, but I also worry that it might not be best realized on a smaller budget. Though if the rumors are true, it's still got a sizable budget(75m) compared to AvP/R/Predators.

I am glad to hear that. Especially because of Anderson's pyramid.😅

TheBATMAN

The interesting thing is Ridley being taken by the idea enough to re-approach Alvarez some years after his original pitch.

Considering Ridley keeps saying the beast is cooked, there must be some element that could connect to the prequels, and it wouldnt suprise me if Alvarez reworked some elements to ensure he got the gig.

Im sure it will be standalone, but perhaps some subtle connections. Engineer ruins seems plausible enough.

I just hope they go back to basics in the approach and please restore all the biomechanoid elements.

I can't wait for this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed