Dead Space vs. Aliens?

Started by avpnerd9, Mar 25, 2013, 01:19:02 AM

Author
Dead Space vs. Aliens? (Read 4,144 times)

avpnerd9

avpnerd9

Im playing my first dead space game. its UBER scary!! the levels are beautiful, The pacing is perfect, Enemies limited, It would make the perfect aliens game, but what if they made Dead Space vs. Aliens?

CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

They won't do that.

But Dead Space did take some inspiration from Alien. One of the reasons I loved it. Well, that and it was just a fantastic game.

avpnerd9

avpnerd9

i agree there

demonbane

demonbane

I thought it drew more from John Carpenter's Thing.

PsyKore

PsyKore

I think it had more in common with Event Horizon than Alien as far as ship design and atmosphere. And the necromorphs are definitely The Thing inspired.

Gate

Gate

The Aliens have acidic blood. Its possible that they would be unable to be infected from Necromorph abilities.

Necromorphs are dead flesh. Xenomorphs could not impregnate a dead body.

avpnerd9

avpnerd9

but it seems that necromorphs can breed far faster than the xenos, the xenomorph would be overwhelmed!

The infector seems to be a more advanced facehugger, doing 89% of the job at 10xs the speed, I was very shocked!, what's more, the infector can defend itself better than a face hugger, plus it can fly.

the necros would make the xenos look like an embarrassment, as well as the USCM corp.

from what I can see, the only weapon that could help against the necros are chainsaws, or a lightsaber if your a jedi/sith lol

but Xeno's seem to explode on impact from a few shots, necros don't have this weakness, bullets= no effect.

So what i'm saying is...are the xenomorph really the perfect organism?...Or have they been just a placeholder for these creatures?

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

The creatures in Aliens are downplayed in damn near everything nowadays, but in the original films(The first two, anyway) they were just as big of a threat as the Necromorphs in Dead Space, if not more. They could take just as many hits, had acidic blood, and to top it all off, they were smarter. They'd use strategy to take you down, sometimes using other Warriors as a distraction.

demonbane

demonbane

Quote from: RazorSlash on Mar 31, 2013, 03:23:38 AM
The creatures in Aliens are downplayed in damn near everything nowadays, but in the original films(The first two, anyway) they were just as big of a threat as the Necromorphs in Dead Space, if not more. They could take just as many hits, had acidic blood, and to top it all off, they were smarter. They'd use strategy to take you down, sometimes using other Warriors as a distraction.
I have to disagree with that part though. Xeno in Alien: ressurection showed pretty good wisdom. They sacrificed their kind to escape prism. One of them even managed to dodge bullets. As much as the film is hated, Alien: ressurection actually showed impressive feats.

EEV2650

EEV2650

A necromorph horde vs. a alien hive would win everytime. Acid blood dousing a necromorph aint going to do much damage and the alien doesnt know that it needs to dismember them in order to kill them. It'd be headbiting in vain.

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

Quote from: EEV2650 on Apr 07, 2013, 04:11:25 AMAcid blood dousing a necromorph aint going to do much damage
A Necromorph is still human flash. It'll kill it.

Gate

Gate

Quote from: RazorSlash on Apr 07, 2013, 04:16:37 AM
Quote from: EEV2650 on Apr 07, 2013, 04:11:25 AMAcid blood dousing a necromorph aint going to do much damage
A Necromorph is still human flash. It'll kill it. Slow it down
Fixed

gigantitan

gigantitan

In a battle between this two, a dead Xeno could even become a new necromorph, for it enemy the necros kills, they have a new ally

blood.

blood.

Quote from: demonbane on Apr 07, 2013, 03:36:50 AM
Quote from: RazorSlash on Mar 31, 2013, 03:23:38 AM
I have to disagree with that part though. Xeno in Alien: ressurection showed pretty good wisdom. They sacrificed their kind to escape prism. One of them even managed to dodge bullets. As much as the film is hated, Alien: ressurection actually showed impressive feats.

Compare the film Alien to A: Res and you see where that film fails. One is scary as **** and one is stupid as ****. The only reason those parts you mention stand out is because they treat the audience like retards by saying "hey look see... the aliens are doing this! isn't that amazing! They're fast learners! wow, bet you never knew that!" It's insulting to watch. The dodging bullets part is completely beyond ridiculous. Not only does it not make sense that the master of trick shots can't shoot a barely moving 8 ft target a few meters below, but his unconvincing death and that entire scene is DUMB. Wait the whole movie is dumb. Bah I hate Alien: Resurrection.

Although Ron Pearlman yelling while shooting a chestburster coming out of a guys forehead always gets a laugh out of me.

lol while looking for the clip on youtube I found this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsYpnmP7vRA#ws

I guess that movie has it's moments.

Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard

Give Dead Space a badass multiplayer and it would very much be a good rival for any Aliens or AVP game :3

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed