AvP 2 more popular than the new AvP?

Started by Badmothafcka312, May 29, 2010, 05:06:28 PM

Author
AvP 2 more popular than the new AvP? (Read 3,540 times)

[Alpha]Frost

[Alpha]Frost

QuoteAs I said, it's a great game, I really liked it, but it never felt like I was really the Alien or Predator, or hell, even the Marine. I feel that the gameplay (despite the fact that multiplayer is kinda screwed up) was way better then AvP2. The story was better, only because AvP 2010s story was laughably non existant rather the decent.

AVP2 has more maps, more modes, more characters (with different classes) more weapons, more options for servers and mods, skins and custom maps. It's basically superior to the new AVP in erm, every single way. Even without mods, it's better.

And you're point about the story makes absolutely no sense to me. AVP2's story was infinitely better, because there was a story, not just some boring crap that doesn't seem to go anywhere, and has you playing the exact same scenario over and over again (the marine campaign). There's nothing to get you involved in the universe... it's like playing a demo.

visagepoissons

Quote from: [Alpha]Frost on Jun 29, 2010, 07:53:20 PM
QuoteAs I said, it's a great game, I really liked it, but it never felt like I was really the Alien or Predator, or hell, even the Marine. I feel that the gameplay (despite the fact that multiplayer is kinda screwed up) was way better then AvP2. The story was better, only because AvP 2010s story was laughably non existent rather the decent.

AVP2 has more maps, more modes, more characters (with different classes) more weapons, more options for servers and mods, skins and custom maps. It's basically superior to the new AVP in erm, every single way. Even without mods, it's better.

And you're point about the story makes absolutely no sense to me. AVP2's story was infinitely better, because there was a story, not just some boring crap that doesn't seem to go anywhere, and has you playing the exact same scenario over and over again (the marine campaign). There's nothing to get you involved in the universe... it's like playing a demo.

-_- I SAID THAT! That is exactly what I said! AvP2 didn't have a good story, but it was better then the new one which was "laughably non existent " Maybe it didn't make sense to you because you were looking for an argument that WASN'T THERE. I never said that the new one had a better story, quite the opposite. I just said that AvP2 still had a pretty mediocre story.

Also, default AvP2 online was really unbalanced, glitchy, laggy and as I said it didn't feel like you were really playing as the creatures. Aliens screeching and then suddenly hurtling over the whole map through the air? What the f**k? The new one has shit tonnes of issues too. I agree with all of your points but the actual creatures and playing as the creatures in the new one was done very well, whereas it wasn't in AvP2.

Brother

Sierra cut the support for avp2 too early, lotta stuff could have been fixed and some was actually fixed by individual modders. Still..

Friendly Wise

I think AvP2 was better than AvP3 in terms of multiplayer. I enjoyed single player mode in both AvP two and three, but AvP2 surpasses the third installment in multiplayer by any category. Today, in the world of video games, we live in a market of big budgets and top tier graphics, I think AvP2 should represent to players that you don't need high budget graphics to enjoy games. Granted AvP2 did have its problems, such as map bugs where players could go to certain spots of the map and essentially travel through buildings, walls and such. Also, another problem were the hackers, who would come in game and pretty much f**k every ones day, and the only way to get rid of them was to have an admin of the server you were playing in present. Despite these problems I think the diversity of the game set a standard for multiplayer to some degree, and I think top tier graphics can hamper some games when it comes to massive online play.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed