AvP 2 more popular than the new AvP?

Started by Badmothafcka312, May 29, 2010, 05:06:28 PM

Author
AvP 2 more popular than the new AvP? (Read 3,543 times)

Badmothafcka312

Hey guys what's up?

I haven't played the new AvP for months but what I have been playing is AvP 2. Now I've noticed that many people are still playing online. There is like 6-7 servers and they are usually full/ half full which is amazing cos the game is like 8 years old and master server has been shut down.

I can't say for sure but what I've read is that the new AvP's popularity is droppin every day. It's been less than six months and it's dying already? This is shame cos even though I do think the game is a mess, they may never fix the game if no-one's playing it. And if that happens, no-one wins.

What do you guys think?

Have a great day.

RazorSlash

The new game is fun, yes. But it isn't AS fun. And it has too many bugs at the moment. It will probably start to regain players when alot of the bugs have been fixed.

Brother

Had an AvP3 game yesterday, it's been a while but I won with 68 kills as an alien, and against a 42 LVL pred, was quite satisfying, turns out I don't sux completely lolz.

But like Razor said, it's not AS fun, I don't find it nearly as fun as AvP2. I wouldn't go and compare the popularity of 2 so different games in so many ways, but AvP3 don't have nothing on the modable AvP2 with so many custom maps and mods.

InfestedGoat

Eh, I disagree. I say the new AvP is better than any predator or alien video game. (IMO)

I really like the way the alien moves, and the controls and such. It feels much more like an alien.

Also, the way you can jump from place to place as a pred, is much more like the movie than avp1 or 2.

If they'd just get better maps it'd be a lot better. But as far as gameplay goes, i much prefer avp3

(oh and I also grew up playing avp1 and 2. So, i still love them dearly)

Brother

It should be better, it's 10 years in the future now. And the focus jump, I don't know who's paying for that, it's just lame. All the auto attacks, for that matter. How do people feel in control when something is automatic in their movement and something else is aiming/doing stuff for them, is beyond me.

TheMonolith

The new AvP is a good game.

AvP 2 is a masterpiece of storytelling AND gameplay, something most games forget to do. It is a classic.

InfestedGoat

Quote from: TheMonolith on May 30, 2010, 06:27:45 AM

AvP 2 is a masterpiece of storytelling AND gameplay, something most games forget to do. It is a classic.

Idk the flying aliens always bothered me.  :P

x-M-x

Flying aliens? oh wait.. you mean the aliens that pounce in the air.........

heh

Tangakkai

The "Flying" Aliens really were a nuisance... just didn't fit.

But like others said, the story-telling, the gameplay, the great multiplayer-maps... full of WIN!

AvP 2010 is alright and good for what it is, but will never reach the same status for it's time... just not enough innovative.

Brother

AvP3 also has teh "flying" aliens, but it's an auto pilot.

TheMonolith

Quote from: InfestedGoat on May 30, 2010, 04:02:08 PM

Idk the flying aliens always bothered me.  :P

Uh, we are talking about the same game right? Aliens vs. Predator 2, from Sierra, in 2000, on the PC only?
Because there were NO flying aliens in the game I am referring to.

chupacabras acheronsis

I thought he was talking about the big mouthed flying worms with tiny bee wings that did nothing at all and were imposible to kill

TheMonolith

Oh the big beetles! I never paid any attention to them, and I killed lots when I did.

predxeno

Though I haven't played it yet, due to my lack of a PS3 or a computer with an appropriate graphics card, my biggest complaint with the multiplayer is that it doesn't have an Evacuation game mode like AVP2 did.  That mode was very fun and I was disappointed to find out that this sequel didn't have it.  Though I am grateful that Infection, successor of Survival, was in it, but then again it was a classic human fighting zombie mode until the last man standing which is very common in many modern FPS games.

visagepoissons

WHAT? A master of storytelling? >.> Oh come on. I think you people are just REALLY determined for this game to be perfect. I hate to throw the term fanboy around... but seriously... The story was mediocre at best. I loved the game, don't get me wrong, but it felt like some B-Grade comic book. It was hardly some masterpiece story that would leave you amazed and talking about it to all your friends. Instead you were like hell yeah, I'm playing as my favorite movie characters.

The gameplay wasn't INCREDIBLE either. The Aliens view jutted around as he moved over the walls and the predator didn't feel THAT different from the human.

As I said, it's a great game, I really liked it, but it never felt like I was really the Alien or Predator, or hell, even the Marine. I feel that the gameplay (despite the fact that multiplayer is kinda screwed up) was way better then AvP2. The story was better, only because AvP 2010s story was laughably non existant rather the decent.

Vanilla multiplayer with AvP2 was WORSE then AvP is now. It's the mods that made it such an incredible experience.

For it's time maybe AvP2 was better then AvP 2010 is now. But meh, despite enjoying it immensely, I just don't think it was that incredible.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed