What happened to that upcoming 6-film boxset?

Started by Salt The Fries, Jul 13, 2017, 09:22:12 AM

Author
What happened to that upcoming 6-film boxset? (Read 1,723 times)

Salt The Fries

I remember reading about upcoming Anthology-like boxset which would additionally contain Prometheus and Covenant. But now the topic died down to an extent I can't find anything about it anymore...What gives? And when was that supposed to come out?

Protozoid

Target is still taking preorders and listing August 15 as the U.S. release date date. No details yet, but I wouldn't expect any exclusive content.

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Protozoid on Jul 13, 2017, 06:42:57 PM
Target is still taking preorders and listing August 15 as the U.S. release date date. No details yet, but I wouldn't expect any exclusive content.
But it will have the same content as Anthology + the same content as the existing Prometheus BR and the same content as the existing upcoming Covenant BR, right?

Alionic

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Jul 13, 2017, 07:08:32 PM
But it will have the same content as Anthology + the same content as the existing Prometheus BR and the same content as the existing upcoming Covenant BR, right?

I'm curious about this, too. I have the Blu-Ray Alien Anthology set, and I can't imagine that 20th Century Fox would release a six film set without any of the special features included in that one. If it has the Covenant deleted/extended scenes, then I'll get it. I guess we'll have to wait until August 15th to know what the features are.  :-[

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Alionic on Jul 13, 2017, 07:24:34 PM

I'm curious about this, too. I have the Blu-Ray Alien Anthology set, and I can't imagine that 20th Century Fox would release a six film set without any of the special features included in that one. If it has the Covenant deleted/extended scenes, then I'll get it. I guess we'll have to wait until August 15th to know what the features are.  :-[

Im sure that if there is anything different about the features, with an August release date, and no official PR to back the release of an interesting BOXED SET, that it'll be negligible. Maybe you'll get some Target exclusive lobby cards or something.

TBH - I expect that Fox will release a nice boxed set after the final film in the trilogy is released, or quadrilogy? Thats when Id expect some sort of extended cut of something, if not all the prequel films, and I would expect some time after that last film is on shelves so they can be sure you've bought it already, anyway.

SM

Quote from: Alionic on Jul 13, 2017, 07:24:34 PM

Fox has released box sets a couple of times without all the special features.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed