The Predator to be Released February 9, 2018

Started by Darkness, Feb 28, 2016, 09:00:14 AM

Author
The Predator to be Released February 9, 2018 (Read 45,879 times)

walker31

Noland looked cool for about a second when he decloaked and had that old school biomask and weapon, then when he took his mask off he looked like Lawrence Fishburne just walked off the CSI set.  He had supposedly survived 10 seasons?!  Really?  He must have hunted and ate really well every day and had a Gillette razor in that hole of his, because he was completely shaven and overweight.  Ever watch the show Naked and Afraid?  Those people lose about 18-25 pounds in 21 days, and look gnarly.  And his character had so many inconsistencies it drove me crazy.  He can smell them, and has beaten some Predators in his day, but runs right into one later.  It just didn't work.  But as others have said, please don't ever reuse Predator dialogue in another again.  Period.  No one ever say "Get to the Choppa" again, not even Arnold if he returns.

Mike

Mike

Reused dialogue can be good if done right. In T2 Arnold said I'll be back but he said " Stay here I'll be back" in Avpr a guy said Get to the chopper! That didn't sound good at all sounded too forced

JungleHunter87

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 02, 2016, 11:39:30 AM
Yeah, Noland really was wasted. It was a great opportunity to see someone who'd been driven genuinely insane by all the carnage they'd witnessed and experienced while trapped on this alien planet for years, but the writing and performance were so cartoony and over-the-top it killed any serious undertones the part could've had.

Fishburne's normally great, but he kinda sucked in Predators.

I agree. Though I did enjoy the little references to his being in Apocalypse Now. The Tiger Stripe BDU pants, calling Stans 'Agent Orange' and the humming of Ride of the Valkyries.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Mike on Mar 02, 2016, 04:25:56 PMIt's not a waste it's called a good story telling.

Fishburne's part was a long, long way from good storytelling. It was the most botched aspect of the entire movie.

happypred

Fishburne looked like he'd eaten too many pies

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: happypred on Mar 03, 2016, 10:20:43 AM
Fishburne looked like he'd eaten too many pies

I was trying to find where was the Burger King in the jungle. :D
Lame lame movie....

Corporal Hicks

Whilst I did enjoy Predators a lot, I'm not oblivious to its flaws. One such flaw was the casting of Fishburne (he didn't look like someone who'd spent years struggling to survive in an alien jungle) and the waste of the Nolan character.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Mike on Mar 02, 2016, 04:36:13 PM
Also I don't think he was a waste because Noland said he survived for 10 seasons which is along long time but then he made a run for it and Tracker found him like that! And he was killed so fast. I think it goes to show that this planet is VERY dangerous and Noland is considered very lucky he survived that long before. Noland and Royce were both the ultimate survivors but when Noland decloacks behind Royce earlier in the film you can't help but get chills that Noland is just so badass for surviving on this Planet full of danger.
It wouldnt work.Using the same setting,same characters would just ruin the atmosphere and tension the predator franchise has so no reusing.

Mike

Mike

Well it would work I would think because you have 3 new Predators hunting down Noland but the war between the predators is worse than the 1st time and Nolands in the middle of it. Same setting but it gets deeper into the planet itself. After all this is space. You get a good writer a good director that can make this story great interesting and stretch it out for 2 hrs. Make it a horror movie like Predators was.

Predboy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 03, 2016, 02:10:11 PM
Whilst I did enjoy Predators a lot, I'm not oblivious to its flaws. One such flaw was the casting of Fishburne (he didn't look like someone who'd spent years struggling to survive in an alien jungle) and the waste of the Nolan character.

Really? I loved that they put Morpheus uh I mean Fishburne as that part. One of the highlights of the movie imo.

426Buddy

Quote from: Predboy on Mar 04, 2016, 07:35:17 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 03, 2016, 02:10:11 PM

Really? I loved that they put Morpheus uh I mean Fishburne as that part. One of the highlights of the movie imo.

Easily the worst part of the movie, his portrayal of a crazy person was both cringe worthy and laughable. On top of that like everyone has said, he didn't look at all like someone who had been stranded there for 10 seasons.

Predboy

Quote from: 420Buddy on Mar 04, 2016, 08:46:37 PM
Easily the worst part of the movie, his portrayal of a crazy person was both cringe worthy and laughable. On top of that like everyone has said, he didn't look at all like someone who had been stranded there for 10 seasons.

Meh, I liked it. He made me chuckle a couple of times too, and I know other people thought he was good so it's not just me.

whiterabbit

I liked the Nolan guy played by Fishburn. I also like how the big bad predator just blew him away because he was f**king AFRAID of him.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 05, 2016, 10:50:20 PM
I liked the Nolan guy played by Fishburn. I also like how the big bad predator just blew him away because he was f**king AFRAID of him.

I can't say I ever took that away from the scene. An interesting thought though!

Mike

Mike

Interesting thought WhiteRabbit! Yes could be very true in that Noland has survived for 10 seasons and killed 3 Predators during that duration. 3 Predators is a very good kill score in that they are almost impossible to see and kill. There cloaking is way more advanced then Anytime and Cityhunter. And that there always trying to make themselves into better killers. Also I love the horror aspect of Predators. If you listen to all the Predators interviews on youtube with Nimrod Antal and RR they both wanted to make Predators a horror film, and it shows with the spooky imagery at Nolands hideout, the hunting camp. All over the film. One imagery I love was when Royce had put a Red light outside the door to were they stayed and the Red light was highlighting everything to see if any Predators were near by. But what I really love about that scene is when the group start leaving at that exit within the Red mist and its highlighting all of them. They are all equipped with weaponry too. It Really shows that there all scared but yet all Predators themselves together waiting for the other Predators. I just really like that fear and tension they put in the characters. Scene was really Badass!!!!!! 

Noland "  You see They learn... They adapt... You want to survive you dig in deep and stay hid."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed