The Reviews/Interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Feb 11, 2013, 02:17:39 PM

Author
The Reviews/Interviews Thread (Read 141,573 times)

Elicas

Elicas

Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 16, 2013, 02:37:07 PM
The Sun's a rag, a joke of a paper. Most people buy it for the tits on page 3 or to make fun of it, I'm sure. At 20-30p it's a cheap giggle.

People were slamming this game last night in the pub. It's got a hell of a reputation.

Let me say that, as a builder, nearly every trained tradesman and general site operative (labourer) up and down the country that I've ever met has the Sun as his bible of news, mostly for the sport, but everyone sits down for a read and a smoke at half twelve, and pretty much everyone reads the Sun/Star.

It might be a rag, but it sells to us working class lads.

LARGE

LARGE

One more question. Does any body know will there be a patch with first person view with alien? or anything like it? The view they made is alright for noobs.. what about the skilled alien players

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Elicas on Feb 16, 2013, 02:42:06 PM
The Sun's a rag, a joke of a paper. Most people buy it for the tits on page 3 or to make fun of it, I'm sure. At 20-30p it's a cheap giggle.

People were slamming this game last night in the pub. It's got a hell of a reputation.

Let me say that, as a builder, nearly every trained tradesman and general site operative (labourer) up and down the country that I've ever met has the Sun as his bible of news, mostly for the sport, but everyone sits down for a read and a smoke at half twelve, and pretty much everyone reads the Sun/Star.

It might be a rag, but it sells to us working class lads.
I know. I'm from a working class family too. I remember sitting in the van with my cousin and uncles doing a flitting and they'd sit around the paper with a bacon roll and comment on the stories. Even they knew it was bull (unless it was a story on immigrants... people are funny that way...)

Quote from: LARGE on Feb 16, 2013, 02:52:07 PM
One more question. Does any body know will there be a patch with first person view with alien? or anything like it? The view they made is alright for noobs.. what about the skilled alien players
I think that anything coming (DLC, patches) will simply be thrown out, without anything extensive done to fix the game.

Inverse Effect

Quote from: Apex on Feb 13, 2013, 08:55:23 AM
I mean, come on!

If you are a real fan, you should be happy that you got a game.

Be happy that you got a game based on a movie from the 80s... Correct me if I'm wrong, but that doesn't happen to often.

Be happy you got an Aliens only, not predator game.

Be happy you shoot Hick's Shotgun, Hudson's Pulse Rifle, and Vasquez's Pistol.

Be happy you can choose what finishing move you preform as a Xeno!

If you won't even play it, then don't call yourself a real fan.

I'd rather this story be canon than Prometheus. Not dissing the film, it was amazing, but I prefer it not to be canon.

Stop bitching and be grateful with what you have,

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 13, 2013, 08:55:04 AM
Quote from: Apex on Feb 13, 2013, 08:44:57 AM
I just wish everyone would stop bitching.

And I just wish people would stop marginalizing critical opinions of expensive multimedia. You have fun with the bug ridden linear shooting gallery. Don't tell me I have to do the same just so your ears can be spared a different opinion.

Sorry, my ears didn't hear anything.

So a fan should be happy because they got a turd wrapped in tinfoil? Because afterall, least we have a game!  >:(

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I'm happy with the multiplayer, but the point was to make a decent game with all of its parts. Even a mediocre effort could've held the mp up for months, at least. Now we have players leaving already due to bad press and a terrible, buggy single player mode.

If the mp truly takes a nosedive like the much less fun AvP 2010, I'm going to join the f**king dark side and start subjugating planets. :-\

RedHood

RedHood

Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 16, 2013, 03:27:58 PM
I'm happy with the multiplayer, but the point was to make a decent game with all of its parts. Even a mediocre effort could've held the mp up for months, at least. Now we have players leaving already due to bad press and a terrible, buggy single player mode.

If the mp truly takes a nosedive like the much less fun AvP 2010, I'm going to join the f**king dark side and start subjugating planets. :-\

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of parents/grandparents might peruse the reviews to decide what to get the youngest in the family as a gift. A review like that, which specifies the 'fun part' is a let-down, will probably cause numerous credit cards to be retained in wallets.

QuotePeople were slamming this game last night in the pub. It's got a hell of a reputation.

That... Is impressive. :o I can't remember the last time I've heard people even talk about games in one, let alone share an opinion.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Holy f**k, people actually talking about how shit a game is in a public area? I feel like I'm in the past...thank you Gearbox, thank you for bringing the 90s back.

Elicas

Elicas

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Feb 16, 2013, 05:57:33 PM

Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of parents/grandparents might peruse the reviews to decide what to get the youngest in the family as a gift. A review like that, which specifies the 'fun part' is a let-down, will probably cause numerous credit cards to be retained in wallets.

Good point about the parents/grandparents thing. More middle aged people read the Daily Mail though far as I know, so maybe This Review is more pertinent to that discussion. Mixed 3/5 generally poor and not worth getting.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Thing is, i didn't understand the reviews AVP3 got. Because i love that game. I didn't experience Verigo or anything like that, The aliens controlled good and it was responsive, and the gameplay and shooting and AI on the aliens were good and they packed a punch. After reading the reviews on A:CM It just looks like a bad game. Buggy, glitchy, broken, dated visuals. Bad gameplay.

I wished A:CM focused on the horror and suvival aspect more. You can still be a bad ass marine with a pulse rifle without having to shoot waves of enemies, if you manage to take down a Xeno, numbers are trival.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

O'Neill grabs the doctor and violently slams him down on the operating table, pushing a sidearm into the terrified man's masked face.

"You make one f**king sound..."

(the doctor's eyes bulge in fear; wide and fixed on his attacker as sweat begins to bead across his forehead)

"...and it's your brains they'll find in the garbage tomorrow morning."

There's a muffled snort. Winter lowers his pulse rifle; scratches his head. An alien is born as O'Neill stares blankly into the middle distance, no discernible emotion on his face. He suddenly screams...

"Rooms clear!"

... then shoots a wall and disappears through the floor.

QUAGMIRE83

QUAGMIRE83

Story mode has some good moments and multiplayer is really good so all in all im happy. it's not as much of a disappointment as black ops 2 was that's for sure but companies would not dare give that a bad review.

HappyAlien

HappyAlien

Quote from: QUAGMIRE83 on Feb 17, 2013, 12:50:38 PM
Story mode has some good moments and multiplayer is really good so all in all im happy. it's not as much of a disappointment as black ops 2 was that's for sure but companies would not dare give that a bad review.

Black Ops 2 is miles better than Colonial Marines. Even the cheesy lines they couldn't get right 'We're not in Kansas anymore' wrong  James Cameron film guys. Great work Gearbox or is it Timegate or some random guys in Shanghai they outsourced the game to?

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: QUAGMIRE83 on Feb 17, 2013, 12:50:38 PM
What is that even supposed to mean?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed