William Gibson's Alien 3 - Audio Drama - 2019

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 19, 2019, 02:10:54 PM

Author
William Gibson's Alien 3 - Audio Drama - 2019 (Read 40,413 times)

El Pistolero

El Pistolero

Yea I would also say Cold Forge would be nice or one of the newer comic books.

I love the audio here in germany Ripley got here voice from our usual synchro actress for Sigourney Weaver and other very familiar voices of other famous actors.

Prez

Prez

William Gibson's Alien 3 ...  ;D

Seriously though I'm curious as it is the 40th anniversary of Alien I'm curious what this will be.

Corporal Hicks

If history is anything to go by, we should be learning about this in the last few days of this month.

Huggs

Huggs

Please be earth hive!

The trilogy begs for an audio drama

Russ

Russ

The guy that does "Alien Theory" on youTube has done some precised versions of some of the comics and novels... he has an eminently listenable to voice.

I imagine most folk on here know of Alien Theory, but if not:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChWMlORreKN0UmokKOdFq-g/playlists

The Old One

Corporal Hicks

Well I wasn't expecting this one...

The product page being linked to has been taken down though. Announcement was supposed to come Alien Day.

I really hadn't been expecting this but I'm actually quite excited. It's sweet to have Biehn and Henriksen back. I think Maggs will have been more interested in modifying the story, so I wonder if he fixed the issues (assuming they're doing the 2nd draft again).

Huggs

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 21, 2019, 07:32:10 AM
Well I wasn't expecting this one...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Word is out, then ... <a href="https://t.co/62f2Z3M9jN">https://t.co/62f2Z3M9jN</a></p>— Dirk Maggs (@DirkMaggs) <a href="https://twitter.com/DirkMaggs/status/1119826169531072512?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 21, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The product page being linked to has been taken down though. Announcement was supposed to come Alien Day.

I really hadn't been expecting this but I'm actually quite excited. It's sweet to have Biehn and Henriksen back. I think Maggs will have been more interested in modifying the story, so I wonder if he fixed the issues (assuming they're doing the 2nd draft again).

Thank you Jesus and audible.

And on Easter no less.

A great and impossible wish has come true.

Lance and Biehn. What a trip. A real bonus here is that all the folks who wanted aliens 2 will now get it, in a way.

P1NK8C1DBOOTS

I LOVE the Audible dramas so this is amazing news to read and super excited! I've stayed clear of the comics as I am waiting for the complete edition in July bur have heard relatively good things about it 👍

DaniilLogOut

DaniilLogOut

I'd never see THAT coming!

locusta

Is this based on the same story as the recently released Gibson ALIEN 3 comic books? If so, I´m less exited, as in my own opinion I thought the story (at least the comic, I never read any other related material) of the comic just horrible. But surely, I might stand alone with that notion. Anyway, nice to have Biehn and Henriksen back, that´s awesome.

Prez

Wow. Just wow.
Drop your linen and stop your grinning.

Can't wait. As in the past Dirk Magg's audio dramas have added another dimension to some of the previous novels and improved on them.

Corporal Hicks

I can get on the actual page now. It's just not available on the UK side.

QuoteAudible is bringing William Gibson's lost Alien III script to life in audio for the first time, to mark the 40th Anniversary of the birth of the Alien Franchise. 

Alongside a full cast Michael Biehn and Lance Henriksen reprise their iconic roles as Corporal Hicks and Bishop from the 1986 film Aliens.

Father of cyberpunk, William Gibson's original script for Alien III, written in 1987 as a sequel to Aliens, never made it to our screens, although it went on to achieve cult status among fans as the third instalment that might have been after being leaked online.

This terrifying, cinematic multicast dramatisation - directed by the multi award-winning Dirk Maggs, is the chance to experience William Gibson's untold story and its terrifying, claustrophobic and dark encounters between humans and aliens, as a completely immersive audio experience.

The story begins with the Sulaco on its return journey from LV-426. On board the military ship are the cryogenically frozen skeleton crew of that film's survivors: Ripley, Hicks, Newt and Bishop.

We travel aboard and hear an alarm blare. Our heroes are no longer alone....

Staring: Tom Alexander , Barbara Barnes, Michael Biehn, Cliff Chapman, Samantha Coughlan, Ben Cura, Dar Dash, Harry Ditson, Mairead Doherty, Lance Henriksen, Graham Hoadly, Lorelei King, Laurel Lefkow, Martin McDougall, Sarah Pitard, Michael Roberts, David Seddon, Andrew James Spooner, Siri Steinmo, Dai Tabuchi, Keith Wickham, Rebecca Yeo

Can't see a release date.

TheSailingRabbit

Excuse me while I go run down my street like a maniac because fack yesh I want Michael Biehn's voice in my car.

LV-12986

I hope he sounds more enthusiastic than he did in acm

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed