Aliens reunion planned for Comic-Con - Alien 5 To Be Discussed?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 06, 2016, 08:12:57 PM

Author
Aliens reunion planned for Comic-Con - Alien 5 To Be Discussed? (Read 4,244 times)

windebieste

Quote from: Kelgaard on Jul 08, 2016, 02:25:47 AM
If it comes to that, Hicks will do em both.

BWAHAHAHAAA!!!  Of course.   You're right.

But seriously, I do want to see Blomkamp make an 'ALIEN 5' movie.  I believe he's a good choice for a Director.  I just don't believe this proposal is the best way to go.  Ditch the idea of bringing back deceased characters and make a fresh start with new marines squaring off against xenos.  This is what's really needed.  We don't need to have half the series retconned (or 'soft retconned') for a return to form to happen.   

There's so many other characters and stories that Blomkamp could bring to the screen here instead.  Fans would love just as much.  Sadly, no.  Blomkamp is playing the nostalgia card; but it's old and faded. 

I just can't get behind this proposal at all. 

So many possibilities are here and the worst kind of fan service is given priority.

-Windebieste.

Prez

Quote from: windebieste on Jul 08, 2016, 02:08:53 AM
BWAHAHAAAAAA!!!!  What makes you so sure?  This is the version I want to see:

After being in hypersleep our 3 indomitable heroes emerge from their hypersleep, mysteriously aged 30 years for some strange reason.  Ripley gets out of bed and immediately straps a pulse rifle to one side of her zimmer frame.  A flame thrower is then gaffer taped to the other.   She's ready for action. One slow step at a time.  In the meantime, the younger, albeit scar faced Hicks takes a single sideling glance at her and says 'Nah.  I aint gonna hit that.' 

He turns and in the next hypersleep pod he watches Rebecca Jordan emerge.  She's in her mid 30's now and dirty old man Hicks finds himself drooling longingly at her slender form.  "Yeah."  That's more like it." He says under his breath.  "30... and still a virgin! "

*GUFFAWS!!1!!*

Yeah...  right.   Can't be any worse.

-Windebieste.

Sounds like a video I saw on a certain ... um ... adult website the other night ;-)

stephen

Quote from: windebieste on Jul 08, 2016, 02:45:58 AM

BWAHAHAHAAA!!!  Of course.   You're right.

But seriously, I do want to see Blomkamp make an 'ALIEN 5' movie.  I believe he's a good choice for a Director.  I just don't believe this proposal is the best way to go.  Ditch the idea of bringing back deceased characters and make a fresh start with new marines squaring off against xenos.  This is what's really needed.  We don't need to have half the series retconned (or 'soft retconned') for a return to form to happen.   

There's so many other characters and stories that Blomkamp could bring to the screen here instead.  Fans would love just as much.  Sadly, no.  Blomkamp is playing the nostalgia card; but it's old and faded. 

I just can't get behind this proposal at all. 

So many possibilities are here and the worst kind of fan service is given priority.

-Windebieste.

Actually I see it the other way.

A lot of people were disappointed with where Alien 3 and Resurrection took the characters - especially the killing off of Hicks and Newt in the manner they were.

I see this as a kinda Rocky Balboa moment - I thought Rocky Balboa brought the character of Rocky back in good stead after what Rocky V did to it.

irn

Quote from: windebieste on Jul 07, 2016, 10:54:34 PM
Blomkamp's current movie proposal is the very definition and epitome of overblown expectations that can never be met. 

Absolutely! People are wishing the potential further demise of the series on the very small chance that this might be good. Not only will this create a horrible timeline cluster, it also has a high chance of actually retrospectively ruining Aliens. Just like Prometheus kind of did with Alien. You just can't watch the Derelict scene in Alien the same way anymore.

windebieste

There's other concerns such supporters of this proposal will have to accept but haven't considered yet.  Over the decades, the 'ALIENS' moniker has been reduced to a series of comics, toys and video games to the point where it's kid friendly.   The next thing to happen is a PG rated 'ALIENS' movie. 

Don't say it won't happen to this film if it goes ahead as proposed.  It's little more than Saturday morning cartoon material as it is. 

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Rankles75 on Jul 08, 2016, 01:17:07 AM
Quote from: windebieste on Jul 07, 2016, 10:54:34 PM
Blomkamp's current movie proposal is the very definition and epitome of overblown expectations that can never be met.   

-Windebieste.

Sure it can't be any worse than Alien 3 though...

That's the real benchmark, I think. It maybe an alternate continuity but in reality, it's a replacement. It needs to be better than Alien 3.

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jul 07, 2016, 11:03:26 PM
So we're officially getting an alternate continuity then? I know I asked this in another thread but... I just need to know.

Yep. As Weaver said back in April.

Quote from: Prez on Jul 08, 2016, 02:01:50 AM
So on the latest Perfect Organism podcast they stated that whilst they can't reveal their source, strong rumour is production on Alien5 will start very soon.

Curious. I've not listened to the newest one yet.

Quote from: stephen on Jul 08, 2016, 02:31:59 AM
Has anyone heard anything - If it does happen if Newt is in it and if so whether Carrie Henn is interested in it?

Apparently she was asked at at London Film and Comic Con last year and said she'd be appearing in a video call.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 08, 2016, 07:49:30 AM
Yep. As Weaver said back in April.

Then this officially changes the way canon should be looked at. I knew that statement she said in April wasn't just hoopla. This can be viewed as an alternate timeline, alternate universe or just simply for what it is... an alternate canon. I'm okay with this. I'm practically okay with this because it shows that canon was NEVER LINEAR as we all thought it to be in the grand-scheme of the franchises.

So I guess the timeline charts which Norm and I collaborated on are... presumably, more or less...accurate in a simplified manner.

I'm at peace with this. I'm quite content with this... I can let things just go as they are now. Whatever anger I had... it's gone. This is wonderful. As fans, we have a choice. We've always had a choice, but we were so busy in-fighting with each other about what's canon, what's not that we never really realized that we've always had this choice.

Everything can now have a place.. an assigned spot.. I'm glad.

Rankles75

Quote from: windebieste on Jul 08, 2016, 02:08:53 AM
BWAHAHAAAAAA!!!!  What makes you so sure?  This is the version I want to see:

After being in hypersleep our 3 indomitable heroes emerge from their hypersleep, mysteriously aged 30 years for some strange reason.  Ripley gets out of bed and immediately straps a pulse rifle to one side of her zimmer frame.  A flame thrower is then gaffer taped to the other.   She's ready for action. One slow step at a time.  In the meantime, the younger, albeit scar faced Hicks takes a single sideling glance at her and says 'Nah.  I aint gonna hit that.' 

He turns and in the next hypersleep pod he watches Rebecca Jordan emerge.  She's in her mid 30's now and dirty old man Hicks finds himself drooling longingly at her slender form.  "Yeah."  That's more like it." He says under his breath.  "30... and still a virgin! "

*GUFFAWS!!1!!*

Yeah...  right.   Can't be any worse.

-Windebieste.

Meh.

If it is worse, we can all just refuse to acknowledge it's existence, the way most of us do A3 and Resurrection. If Blomkamp doesn't give us a Pulse Rifle packing CGI Jones, I'll probably give it a miss anyway... ;)

whiterabbit

Put up; or shut up. I take it, that is the general theme of this thread. :P

irn

Quote from: windebieste on Jul 08, 2016, 07:09:02 AM
Don't say it won't happen to this film if it goes ahead as proposed.  It's little more than Saturday morning cartoon material as it is. 

Exactly. This is why the series needs to go back to the psycho-sexual subtext of Alien and return the creature from the 'fun' extraterrestrial velociraptor it has become and back to the space-rapist it started off as. We want adult films with deep, adult themes.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: irn on Jul 08, 2016, 04:19:48 PM
Exactly. This is why the series needs to go back to the psycho-sexual subtext of Alien and return the creature from the 'fun' extraterrestrial velociraptor it has become and back to the space-rapist it started off as. We want adult films with deep, adult themes.

Which is exactly what Blomkamp said he wanted to do.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Why does everyone assume the movie will begin with them waking from hypersleep? Lol.

Quote from: Prez on Jul 08, 2016, 02:01:50 AM
So on the latest Perfect Organism podcast they stated that whilst they can't reveal their source, strong rumour is production on Alien5 will start very soon.

Hmmm.

As much as I don't want to see 3 & 4 simply dismissed the idea we can get to see Hicks/Newt/Ripley together on screen again is very welcome.

What's the Perfect Organism podcast and how are they legitimate? And where can one listen to it?

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 08, 2016, 09:55:21 PM
Quote from: irn on Jul 08, 2016, 04:19:48 PM

Which is exactly what Blomkamp said he wanted to do.

Nobody likes to give Blomkamp credit. Or they cherry pick what he says. Or they assume.

Prez

Russ

Thank you for that and the tea that just came out of my nose in the office.

Well played, Kel, well played...

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Rankles75 on Jul 08, 2016, 01:17:07 AMSure it can't be any worse than Alien 3 though...

Have you seen literally any of the films they've made since then?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed