Alien: Covenant Concept Art/Behind-the-Scenes Thread *spoilers*

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 17, 2017, 10:11:32 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Concept Art/Behind-the-Scenes Thread *spoilers* (Read 389,369 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Thought we'd get the thread going now so we have a place to catch it all!

The Alien: Covenant Collector's Edition, Comic Book Exclusive has been released today (general release in June). Will Robbie from the WY Bulletin was kind enough to send me over this snap of a spread inside.

Ingwar

I think it should be Collector's Edition instead of Collections Edition. Am I right? :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Alien-Covenant-Collectors-Titan-Books/dp/1785861921

Corporal Hicks

Corrected. Thanks.

Here's some storyboards that someone (Eighth Passenger, I think) shared previously. From a competition.

iain

Can't wait to see some concept art.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Hopefully we'll see some stuff from Wayne, Dane, Steven Messing & Co after the US theatrical release. Although sometimes permission to release concept art is only given after the DVD/BD release. The release of the art book might also be a factor. We'll see.

Robopadna

I am really looking forward to the art of book for Covenant.  The one for Prometheus is still really interesting to look at.

Ulfer

Apparently it has been published in France today, I will try and see it.
Actually I had enjoyed more the concept art and the creative process than Prometheus as a movie.

HABIT

Corporal Hicks

I've received the my copy of the Collector's Edition. I'm just reading through it now but looks like some good stills of the practical suits. Will share some pictures later.

Also, please no sharing fan art in this thread. Official imagery only. Thanks.

BonesawT101

I have it on preorder too from amazon but I've not recieved it as of yet  :-[

M_Tak

Ah darn mines not even dispatched. I got an email a few weeks ago saying it would be late due to its publishing be pushed back  ::)

shawsbaby

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 17, 2017, 10:11:32 AM

The Alien: Covenant Collector's Edition, Comic Book Exclusive has been released today (general release in June). Will Robbie from the WY Bulletin was kind enough to send me over this snap of a spread inside.

What is that bottom left image? Hard to make out and looks SO strange.

Look into my eye

Quote from: M_Tak on May 20, 2017, 01:00:54 PM
Ah darn mines not even dispatched. I got an email a few weeks ago saying it would be late due to its publishing be pushed back  ::)

Me too.
This and The Art and Making of now due 6th of June for me

BonesawT101

Quote from: Look into my eye on May 20, 2017, 02:06:21 PM
Quote from: M_Tak on May 20, 2017, 01:00:54 PM

Me too.
This and The Art and Making of now due 6th of June for me
Same. Really looking forward to both though!

Corporal Hicks

From Twitter.

Quote from: BonesawT101 on May 20, 2017, 11:38:58 AM
I have it on preorder too from amazon but I've not recieved it as of yet  :-[

General release isn't for a few weeks. Looks like the brick-and-mortar exclusive editions came out in advanced. I managed to snag an earlier copy and cancel my standard retail order. I've taken a bunch of photos of the interesting stills. Will be going through them to upload shortly.

Quote from: shawsbaby on May 20, 2017, 01:15:28 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 17, 2017, 10:11:32 AM

What is that bottom left image? Hard to make out and looks SO strange.

"The detail of the Xenomorph's inner jaw is seen as a special effects artist works on the model of the Xenomorph for Alien: Covenant."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed