Hunting Grounds Patch Release Thread

Started by Wurd77, Apr 21, 2020, 04:11:11 PM

Author
Hunting Grounds Patch Release Thread (Read 27,404 times)

Kailem

Kailem

After having just got done playing the most amount of Predator matches in one night than I have in several days, I've got to say.....

*dramatic pause*

.....I think this is overall a good patch!

After the first few days of playing mostly all Predator matches I got pretty frustrated by a lot of the balance issues to the point where it just felt like playing as the Predator wasn't nearly as fun as it should have been. But thankfully I've got to say that by and large these changes do seem to have addressed the balance in a positive way.

I went back and played Hunter and Scout after having mostly stuck to Berserker since I unlocked him, and at least as far as the Hunter is concerned he definitely feels like arguably the best class now. Scout unfortunately still doesn't seem to be too viable, in part because of the nerf to the plasma caster taking away one of its main long-range tools, but the addition of one extra gear item is good, at least. I just wish the smart disc was better too so you could go "full long-range", but it seems like he still needs a melee weapon of some sort for those claims.

As for the Hunter though, he felt great. The increased number of pigs/boar and the ability to track them via target scan is great, since it still has that random edge to it (I only actually healed that way once, maybe twice), but at least now you don't end up using almost all your heals in order to kill and claim people only for them to be reinforced back in and reset all your hard work.

He can also take enough damage to make it so that you don't necessarily have to heal up every time you jump in to melee or claim which helps with that, but he's still squishy enough that two or three fire team members blasting at him will melt him super quick. I played a fire team match with a Hunter who tried to combistick rush right at the start and he got one claim off before we put him into second wind and he ran off for a bit before detonating himself, so that's definitely something you can deal with so long as you're not split up.

Overall it just felt like I was able to do what I've been trying to do since the get-go a lot more now as the Predator and not be punished as much for it. The added reinforcement time only seems to be a few seconds or so and it really doesn't make a big difference, but given that if you play smartly and get a bit lucky you shouldn't have used up as many heals by the time they're brought in now, so it's less frustrating to deal with.

I also wasn't getting parry/knife spammed at all either, which makes me think the stamina changes are doing their job.

There's still some obvious jank and issues they need to fix, but I'd definitely recommend giving the Predator a go again if you're anything like me and decided to take a break out of sheer frustration. :laugh:

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kailem on May 02, 2020, 02:22:34 AM
After having just got done playing the most amount of Predator matches in one night than I have in several days, I've got to say.....

*dramatic pause*

.....I think this is overall a good patch!

After the first few days of playing mostly all Predator matches I got pretty frustrated by a lot of the balance issues to the point where it just felt like playing as the Predator wasn't nearly as fun as it should have been. But thankfully I've got to say that by and large these changes do seem to have addressed the balance in a positive way.

Totally agree. Yeah, FireTeam shouldn't be able to spam spot the trees and the Scout needs to run more silent, but the Predator, especially the hunter Predator feels like in most part it's gained the advantage again, and that's the right thing.

Enjoy

Enjoy

Olpainless is nearly useless. Slow and no damge power.

Stec

Stec

Still can't remap movement, f**king hell I still can't play this game, IS IT SO HARD TO ADD MODIFICATIONS FOR WASD????

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Enjoy on May 03, 2020, 03:50:43 PM
Olpainless is nearly useless. Slow and no damge power.

Actually I feel the opposite. It's great to get a Predator off a fellow fireteam member from finishing the kill, often sending it into its second wind. The only time I can't use it is when the Predator is after me. The reduction in speed makes it impossible to evade.

Kailem

Yeah it's better at close range and/or to lay down suppressing fire than to hit much of anything at range. I often end up not firing it at all if a Predator rushes me though because I end up alternating between spamming parry and trying to fire, which usually ends up with me doing neither. :P

Enjoy

Enjoy

Voodoo. It is a very waterd down version from what we see in the movie. Feels more like a  air gun  and it should rip apart a predator in a second or two of direct fire .  It is silly at best.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Enjoy on May 05, 2020, 08:34:04 PM
Voodoo. It is a very waterd down version from what we see in the movie. Feels more like a  air gun  and it should rip apart a predator in a second or two of direct fire .  It is silly at best.

So hit Predator with minigun, game over? Start new game, hit Predator with minigun, game over?

SuperiorIronman

Predators can also have a bullet resistance perk and if a Berserker it would contribute to it's ineffectiveness. The mini-gun also has a significant drop in range compared to other guns.
It's basically a big support gun where during objectives it's to help teammates who are pinned down by the Predator so while it's coming in or in the process of taking skulls it's supposed to tear into its health because it assumes you're going to be at range to use it.

It's also a good deterrent to keep Predators off the team because it will have to get in close to take the skulls. I know the wind up can be a pain but if you're using it in the mission area then just keep taping the fire button to keep it spinning so once the Predator arrives you can open fire. It's also good to tear apart the trees so the Predator is easier to spot and less bullets are stopped by branches.

reign4death {ps4}

reign4death {ps4}

I know I have bi*ched up a storm on here but I wanted to say THANK YOU ILLFHONIC for adding the LEAP in second wind!

Enjoy

Enjoy

I just want the minigun to create a wind vacume and mow down the landscape and all in it's path.
That is all.

Enjoy

Enjoy

Any info on the download content. ???

RidgeTop

Quote from: Enjoy on May 07, 2020, 08:13:44 PM

We'll likely hear something before the end of the month.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Enjoy on May 07, 2020, 08:13:44 PM

Duuuuuuuuutch!!!!

Enjoy

Enjoy

I want predators in camo pants as fireteam members. Jump n the trees wit a sniper gun

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed