Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1045

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 494,469 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: S1L on Nov 11, 2020, 10:17:51 PM
Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Nov 11, 2020, 10:16:11 PM
I genuinely enjoyed Terminator Salvation. But most of what came after the 2nd film was pretty shabby.
lol same. I like this place.

I always thought of illustrating the novel version of Alien by Alan Dean Foster. It's just a creepy if not more in places.

I also though about Kane's body being shot into space. There is a scene in a deleted version (link below) But in reality would they be allowed to get rid of his body like that? Wouldn't they have to bring it home. Always thought it was odd.

https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/Alien_deleted_scenes#Kane.27s_funeral
Burial at sea is a common naval practice.

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

That's true. And there was a deleted scene where Kane was gently let out into space, in a more respectful manner.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Oh Aliens....

The fairest of them all...

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Aliens

Das right!

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Nov 13, 2020, 01:25:21 AM
That's true. And there was a deleted scene where Kane was gently let out into space, in a more respectful manner.
Pretty sure they always just jettisoned him. The effect was done by launching a small wooden figure with a slingshot.

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

My mistake, I don't think it was even filmed. but I read that the scene was to have Parker and Brett go outside in suits featuring a flying bedstead. The purpose of the scene was to show the scale of the Nostromo but money got in the way.

SiL

SiL

That was for them doing repairs from memory. Ridley did some storyboards of it, of them flying around the outside of the ship.

Gr33n M4n

SiL

SiL

I eat my words, Scott had considered using it for the funeral.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: S1L on Nov 12, 2020, 11:30:29 PM
Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Nov 12, 2020, 11:28:38 PM
Damn, they should have kept that scene in. And the scene in Aliens where Burke is harvested.
I think the Burke one was too soon after he was captured to have the facehugger off him and the pacing too wasn't it.

Should have kept this in too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_VnoLyrfdY

Agreed to both those points. I'm glad Burke's scene was cut because the timeline didn't work properly. And it's such a shame the transmission sound was changed for the DC. I really do prefer that original!

Shugsi

Shugsi

Quote from: SiL on Nov 13, 2020, 01:20:43 AM
Quote from: S1L on Nov 11, 2020, 10:17:51 PM
Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Nov 11, 2020, 10:16:11 PM
I genuinely enjoyed Terminator Salvation. But most of what came after the 2nd film was pretty shabby.
lol same. I like this place.

I always thought of illustrating the novel version of Alien by Alan Dean Foster. It's just a creepy if not more in places.

I also though about Kane's body being shot into space. There is a scene in a deleted version (link below) But in reality would they be allowed to get rid of his body like that? Wouldn't they have to bring it home. Always thought it was odd.

https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/Alien_deleted_scenes#Kane.27s_funeral
Burial at sea is a common naval practice.
Yes from like the 18th and 19th Century. Not so much in 2122 where the shipmate had died of Alien causes of an unkown origin. That would have been wrapped up and frozen. Someone like Ash would have insisted on it I am sure.

A load of deleted scenes from Alien here:

I also thought. When Reply says the narcissus wont take four. Was there another life shuttle on the Nostromo? I mean to cover 7 crew members and the cat?

Edit: Google is our friend lol http://alienexplorations.blogspot.com/1979/10/confusion-about-number-of-nostromos.html

SiL

SiL

Quote from: S1L on Nov 13, 2020, 09:50:40 AM
Yes from like the 18th and 19th Century.
Osama bin Laden was buried at sea in the 21st century.

QuoteNot so much in 2122 where the shipmate had died of Alien causes of an unkown origin.
I mean, the film clearly shows otherwise? You can't say the film is wrong for showing a burial at sea in the 22nd century when the film is the one building the universe and it's establishing what is protocol in the 22nd century?

QuoteThat would have been wrapped up and frozen. Someone like Ash would have insisted on it I am sure.
He had the facehugger, the Alien, and his examinations of Kane from medlab. Didn't need the body.

Kradan

Kradan

Where's notion that cryogenic sleep will actually slow down chestburster's growth coming from?

SiL

SiL

Nowhere. It's an idea presented by characters but never actually tested. EU said it doesn't work but that's about it.

Kradan

Kradan

ok

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed