Consoles Patch #3 Details

Started by ikarop, Mar 19, 2013, 10:43:48 PM

Author
Consoles Patch #3 Details (Read 22,258 times)

Six-String-Samurai

The difference in just the AI alone in crazy. the aliens actually feel like aliens now and as a result I'm dying a lot more frequently, even on soldier. Its awesome, although a graphics patch wouldn't go a miss. 

Vezner

Vezner

Agreed. This patch, with the AI improvements, greatly enhances ACM. Add in Bug Hunt and we have one hell of a fun Aliens game on our hands.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: ACR on Mar 20, 2013, 06:39:46 AM
If they were smart, they would focus mostly on multiplayer fixes, the campaign is not the reason why you would want to play this game in the first place. The main reason why anyone is still playing this and it's saving grace is because of it's multiplayer. = P

For people who haven't bought it - who are its primary target - the single-player campaign should have been why people wanted to play it.

Multiplayer for most games only has a finite life expectancy, in any case.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: Gren_86 on Mar 20, 2013, 09:01:02 AM
It would be nice to see proper hit detection and weapon sway response.

This is something I'd like to see as well. I feel like it's overlooked, for some reason. The weapon sway is just retarded.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: PsyKore on Mar 21, 2013, 06:01:37 AM
Quote from: Gren_86 on Mar 20, 2013, 09:01:02 AM
It would be nice to see proper hit detection and weapon sway response.

This is something I'd like to see as well. I feel like it's overlooked, for some reason. The weapon sway is just retarded.
Could you elaborate on what you mean?

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 21, 2013, 04:38:33 AM
If they were smart, they would focus mostly on multiplayer fixes, the campaign is not the reason why you would want to play this game in the first place. The main reason why anyone is still playing this and it's saving grace is because of it's multiplayer. = P

For people who haven't bought it - who are its primary target - the single-player campaign should have been why people wanted to play it.

This. Being a huge Aliens fan, I was going to buy this regardless of the inclusion of multiplayer. Half the time I feel like multiplayer ruins some games that should never have it in the first place (dead space2). Co-op is a bigger seller for me since I know most games that come out have a multiplayer that's short lived and forgotten (and you can never unlock those achievements >:( )

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Mar 21, 2013, 02:44:18 PM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 21, 2013, 04:38:33 AM

This. Being a huge Aliens fan, I was going to buy this regardless of the inclusion of multiplayer. Half the time I feel like multiplayer ruins some games that should never have it in the first place (dead space2). Co-op is a bigger seller for me since I know most games that come out have a multiplayer that's short lived and forgotten (and you can never unlock those achievements >:( )

MP achievements piss me off, a lot.

Njm1983

Njm1983

Got the chance to try the new patch out, and the AI is much improved the aliens run and dodge when under fire, try to flank and really utilize walls and tops of objects and structures.

I think the hit detection needs an update too. just seems like whatever youre shooting at has a box around them, and anything hitting the box counts as a hit, so even when shots are fired between legs or the arm and torso it still registers a hit.

I Come In Peace

I Come In Peace

I hope they increase the damage from acid blood in the next patch, you shouldn't be able to walk away after shoot an alien close range with a shotgun.

I would also like it if they remove the quick time event on the facehugger encounters and make it instant death. That would make it more suspenseful.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: I Come In Peace on Mar 21, 2013, 06:54:42 PM
I hope they increase the damage from acid blood in the next patch, you shouldn't be able to walk away after shoot an alien close range with a shotgun.

I would also like it if they remove the quick time event on the facehugger encounters and make it instant death. That would make it more suspenseful.

AVP99 made me nearly piss myself as a teenager.

FightFinda

FightFinda

Really happy about the positive response from the fans on this second patch since I only ordered the game off Amazon (brand spanking new, limited edition for a whopping £22 by the way) a couple of hours ago. The funny thing is, I only found out about this new patch AFTER I ordered the game! Fate seems to have smiled on me there since I went through quite a bit of a mental debate on whether to make the order, until I just thought f*ck it - I'm going to end up buying it at some point anyway, so I might as well make the order now in case the price goes up, after all, "It's the only way to be sure" ;)

So I should hopefully be rescuing some colonist daughters from their virginity with the rest and best of you dolts in few, long days! XD

Njm1983

Njm1983

Seems the lurker now has a glitch when they pounce. The player who was pounced seems to be inside the lurkers face.
Other than that. Game is improved.

9th_Stew

9th_Stew

Is this crap worth buying for PC now, or is it still not worth the bother??

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: 9th_Stew on Mar 22, 2013, 08:20:15 AM
Is this crap worth buying for PC now, or is it still not worth the bother??

It's gotten patches and a visual upgrade. I bet it's better NOW than it was then.

Predator Lord

Predator Lord

So now is it worth buying?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed