DH Announces Predator: Hunters!

Started by Ultramorph, Feb 09, 2017, 09:30:33 PM

Author
DH Announces Predator: Hunters! (Read 45,292 times)

Kurai

Kurai

Quote from: BountyHunter on Jun 13, 2017, 11:20:24 PM
And I loved Big Game. Wasn't sold on Nemesis. Maybe if they'd not included Mycroft Holmes and Lestrade in it, but they did.

That makes me wonder, perhaps there's an untouched hidden plateau filled with dinosaurs and cave people in the Predator canon as well.  ;)

Whiskeybrewer

great third issue. cant wait for the next two

426Buddy

426Buddy

Really enjoyed the third issue, the action is ratcheting up. Im wondering how the islanders are going to play into the story. I know they are up to no good and have something to do with the island with the predator on it.

Spoiler
Also im excited that there are 3 more predators, the next issue should be really cool.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

I enjoyed the third issues well enough. Starting to ramp up the action which is nice. I was a little surprised they

Spoiler
took down the first Predator so fast but they were able to see it and it did take out a few of them so balanced out well enough.
[close]

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 09, 2017, 03:10:44 PM
I enjoyed the third issues well enough. Starting to ramp up the action which is nice. I was a little surprised they

Spoiler
took down the first Predator so fast but they were able to see it and it did take out a few of them so balanced out well enough.
[close]

Spoiler
they said he also had no energy weapons. Like you say. I think it came off as well balanced. I believed it.
[close]

Russ840

Russ840

http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/30-556/Predator-Hunters-4#prettyPhoto

Preview for issue 4 is up. Looking forward to this.

The Alien Predator

I really enjoyed it and there's an epic twist.

Spoiler
It appears that the islanders may be involved somehow with the Predators.
[close]

426Buddy

426Buddy

It was okay, the art is holding it back a bit for me. I dont really like the way the artist draws the predator masks and faces. The action also feels somewhat generic with this art style. However Wheatleys cover art is fantastic.

Spoiler
I knew the islanders were up to no good, also it looked like there were a lot of predators in those canoes, I thought there was only a total of 3 left after they killed the first?
[close]
Only one more issue left, not sure how they can tie it all up in a satisfying way in just one issue but we'll see.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 05, 2017, 02:11:05 PM
It was okay, the art is holding it back a bit for me. I dont really like the way the artist draws the predator masks and faces. The action also feels somewhat generic with this art style. However Wheatleys cover art is fantastic.

Spoiler
I knew the islanders were up to no good, also it looked like there were a lot of predators in those canoes, I thought there was only a total of 3 left after they killed the first?
[close]
Only one more issue left, not sure how they can tie it all up in a satisfying way in just one issue but we'll see.

I was under the impression that those
Spoiler
Predators canoeing are islanders dressed as them. Notice the fingers do not end in claws? Also the dreads look flat and fake rather than smooth and round and ridged. Also in the cover for the next issue it says "Predator vs Not-Predator" plus the words "The Human Factor" make me think these are humans. Also in the cover of the next issue, compare the two fighting Predators, look at the fake dreads on one of them, similar looking to the ones on the canoe.
[close]

426Buddy

426Buddy

Nice! I totally didnt catch that.

The Alien Predator

Thanks. It's easy to miss, it took me a while of staring at the pages to notice.  :laugh:

Russ840

Russ840

http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/30-557/Predator-Hunters-5

Preview for issue 5 is up. Beware spoilers.

Russ840

Russ840

Enjoyed the final issue. Hope that we get a follow up.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Cool. What
Spoiler
winds up being the deal with the people from the other island?
[close]

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 06, 2017, 05:05:13 PM
Cool. What
Spoiler
winds up being the deal with the people from the other island?
[close]

Sorry if this is a bit more than you are asking.

Spoiler
turns out that the people living on the island have been there for around a century. Well they are the descendants of people that settled there.  A group of Predators crash landed and beached on that island and the population of people captured them, whilst taking heavy casualties, and then set them loose on the other island. This island was going to be a game preserve. Now they release random animals there for the Predators to hunt. The Predators are effectively prisoners. 
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed