DH Announces Predator: Hunters!

Started by Ultramorph, Feb 09, 2017, 09:30:33 PM

Author
DH Announces Predator: Hunters! (Read 44,484 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: BountyHunter on May 28, 2017, 07:36:25 PM
OK, so if they are tying these back to older Predator comics, that means they are back in the canon now, right?

And what are all the nods back to the older stuff? I'd like to pick up some of the older series, and may as well start with stories that are possibly becoming canon again.
My recommendation is, read everything, decide for yourself what you accept as "canon", and enjoy it. :)

SM

SM

OK, so if they are tying these back to older Predator comics, that means they are back in the canon now, right?

And what are all the nods back to the older stuff? I'd like to pick up some of the older series, and may as well start with stories that are possibly becoming canon again.

Has it ever been stated what's in and out of Predator canon?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on May 29, 2017, 03:37:17 AM

Has it ever been stated what's in and out of Predator canon?
Not as far as I'm aware.

BountyHunter

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 29, 2017, 03:20:27 AM

My recommendation is, read everything, decide for yourself what you accept as "canon", and enjoy it. :)

Oh, I will. But I'd prefer to read stuff that is canon in the eyes of Fox or whoever first. Won't stop me from enjoying out of canon stuff.

Sooooo, what are the nods back to the older stuff? Lol

Russ840

Russ840

The main character in this series is the main character from the 'Big Game' series. Also, another main character in this is a descendant of the main character from another Predator comic, the title of which escapes me.

Komenja

Komenja

Quote from: Russ840 on May 29, 2017, 07:00:57 PM
The main character in this series is the main character from the 'Big Game' series. Also, another main character in this is a descendant of the main character from another Predator comic, the title of which escapes me.

It was Nemesis. She's Captain Soames' granddaughter.

BountyHunter

OK, sweet. Thanks. I just bought both of those series on eBay. Seems to be cheaper to just buy the actual comics than to get the omnibuses. They are bloody expensive now.

Corporal Hicks

Are they really? That's really unfortunate because they were a bargain when they came out.

BountyHunter

Yeah, everywhere I've looked so far they are either out of stock, or over 40 bucks. Same with the Alien Omnibuses. Some of those are still going for original price, but one or two of them have ridiculous price tags on them now.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Komenja on May 29, 2017, 09:30:07 PM
Quote from: Russ840 on May 29, 2017, 07:00:57 PM

It was Nemesis. She's Captain Soames' granddaughter.
Holy shit, that's one hell of an obscure callback.

The funny thing is if Nemesis is now "canon" again, then Mycroft Holmes (and by association, his more famous brother) exist in the Predator universe again. :P

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Still waiting on a Homeworld reference...

Corporal Hicks

Russ840

Russ840

Just read it. I must say that i am enjoying this. The set up is pretty good.  Art is consistent. I like the characters. Enoche is a much more likable guy this time around.  Not as big a dick as he was in Big Game.

Spoiler
I called this awhile back but the returning character is Mandy. The survivor of Bid Blood. Glad theg have her here.
[close]

426Buddy

426Buddy

Pretty cool issue, starting to warm up the art more now. Im liking where the story is headed and this predator really has my interest.

Also i love Doug Wheatleys cover art, i cant say that enough.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

I loved issue 2 and I look forward to seeing what happens next.

I really dig the detailed artwork.
Spoiler

Poor Mandy Graves, the way the Predator crushed her hand looks like it really f**king hurt... I remember reading Bad Blood but it was so long ago that I remember very little of it. I should give it a re-read someday.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed