Report on AVP at Starfest

Started by Darkness, Apr 18, 2004, 01:31:11 PM

Author
Report on AVP at Starfest (Read 14,831 times)

Insert Witty Name

Insert Witty Name

I can't wait to see the Xenomorphs (Aliens) rendered with modern CG, and it would be cool if they featured some 'PredAliens" from the game!

Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner

Didn't the guy who sent in the photos of the coin and cap take any others? I'm dying to see more!     :)  

Predgirl

Predgirl

Hello I've been checking out this site for awhile now and pleased with what you done with it keep up the good work.  OK to subject matter I can't wait to see the movie that I wish it was here right now.  When I heard about boy I thought my heart was going to explode.  I'm a big fan of both, but mostly Predator.  I hope you put up the new photos soon and I'll check back in to see some more updates as and in the main site of the movie.  So far I have not got any new email update about the new theartical trailer yet, but like you said probably this week.  If anyone is curious how I get news about the site is I registered for it so I get updates in my email.  You probably did the same right hehehehe its that simple.   ;D  

flonge

flonge

I really hope Anderson makes it, but I'm afraid that the sneak previews have dissappointed me much. I was hoping for something A2 type of marines not some young unknown actors. The predator seems a bit computerised and modern, I would prefer the wild style as in the first movie. I'm missing their cloacking skill and some agile shots of the predator running and climbing... I'm also afraid of AVP turning out to be a claustrofobic "Studio" pyramid picture. Andersons movies/pictures tend to end up with loose edges when it comes to acting and details in the enviroment. The slow-motion shown in the preview is also very oldish and boring. The pyramid figures seems totally false and the dark style is ok, but sometimes you feel, its being done so to hide the poor details in the rooms. I haven't seen any really good action on the previews yet either. There is much to build on there from A2, and the predator. I hope Anderson uses a combination of the two movies to create some fast-paced and scary action. The CG seems to be good though, but please don't mess up the aliens, I agree with many here that AR was bad when it comes to design. A3 was a worse though. Predaliens I'm afraid would be too much, there are a lot of things to make in this movie, I hope Anderson realises his limits and dosn't push it too far. He has to make the alien, acid effects, spiderlike material on walls, eggs, facehuggers, A Queen! , Predator, with 3 cannons, spears, their shurikens, their selfdestruct plasmabomb thing, their vision, some cool fights between the two, some enviroment effects, pyramid fight with 91483 aliens, predator ship shot, both outside and inside, chestburster shot, some faceless predator shots, pluss alot more I have forgotten, but sure is going to need alot of work to polish, which I do hope Anderson has realised. To be hones, I'm afraid this movie has to have a better budget to be successfull, and I as I said I really hope Anderson makes it, but if the theratical trailer isn't twise as good as the sneak preview. I'm afraid this will be a flopp to me. I have always had my visions of this movie since I saw the P2 ending, and if this gets to be a "Terminator 3" alike project, I mean a movie that is easily forgotten but with some entertaiment, then it isn't enough for a hardcore fan as myself I'm afraid. Whatever happens I'll surly see this movie a hundred times on cinema though.

cookies

cookies

totaly feel the same way.  Predator design and all.

AdamJZ

AdamJZ

Screw you guys, the pyramid idea is brillant, if they made it any other way it ould suck, what make a aliens with predators in it, or an adaptation of the AVP novels, that would be completley unoriginal, this movie is done by the same screenwriter who wrote the HellBoy script, that was an excellent movie by the way.  the new pred designs are orignal mixing some elements from the movies, games, and comics.  this movie takes place on earth which is also very new to the alien franchise. and the fact that its not just putting predators into the alien universe is good too.  I have enjoyed all of Pauls work except for maybe mortal kombat (which was still entertaining)  but resident evil was good, and who cares if its clastraphobic, an alien movie is supposed to be clastrophobic, it has huge, open antartic landscapes and small chambers of the pryamid, this movie is a mixture of some very great things of the previous films.  the pyramid feels like a predator version of the derilict ship from Alien, and also the Landscape of antartica has the desolate feel that was soo good in the first two films, now if you think that this movie will be forgottin like some popcorn flick, you are wrong, AR sucked, yet alien fans and others alike remember. this movie has a good director, a good writer, a great special effects crew,  and great actors. you might not be firmiliar with the actors but I am, and they are all talented.  this movie will be remembered as one of the coolest sci-fi movies ever, and also T3 was pretty good, not as bad as you were saying, but this will be better, I loved Soldier, Event Horizon, and Resident Evil, they were all memorable sci fi movies, and AVP will be Pauls best film yet.  You will see, and besides, AVP was originally going to be directed by the director of Batman Forever, now that would suck, and also it was going to be based on the books, which would suck more (the books are great, just not to be made into a film.) you should be greatful that this movie is even being made. this is the biggest budget so far out of any alien or predator movie, I dont get why you think that 70 million will not be enough to cover all of the stuff that you mentioned, it would cover that and much more.  You will see, YOU WILL ALL SEE!!!!!!!! BOW DOWN BEFORE YOUR GOD!!!!!!! PAUL ANDERSON!!!!!!!!! ALL HAIL PAUL ANDERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET DOWN ON YOUR KNEES AND BEG FORGIVNESS FOR DOUBTING HIM OR YOU SHALL ALL PERISH IN FLAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flonge

flonge

Let's hope you are right AdamJZ. But if Anderson screws it , I will personally snipe him with my plasma cannon and dig him a grave into the deepest point of inferno, and then smoke a sigar and watch P1, and A2. HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!

ALIENS

ALIENS

THIS WHOLE THING DRIVES ME TO DRINK,i think paul is making a mistake to make people wait so long because the more people wait the more they want the film to be better,and BETTER<AND BETTER,i mean maybe its a realy realy good movie,but man he shouldnt take that chance.

cookies

cookies

yup just like the starwars films which ended up sucking becuase we were waiting sooo long and we thought it would be just amazing but it wasnt. Now i hate paul andersons movies SOOO MUCH.  Only think i really like about him is that he knows which pred a alien movies were the best and hes getting all the info of those movies.  I love how hes keeping it to the orignal style and sounds which i really happy at becuase i hate change soo much which each pred and alien movie does which SUCKS.

AdamJZ

AdamJZ

If this movie sucks, by all means give him a slow and painfull death, do not snipe him. but Paul knows that there are a bunch of psychotic fans out there who will hunt him down and kill him if he makes a bad film, he wont let himself be killed, he will make a good movie.

Predgirl

Predgirl

???   Wow all of you are threating in a way well not all of you.  Give the guy a chance at least for what I have seen its looks pretty good to me.  Probably its taking so long well it does take a long time to make a movie depends what they got within the movie.  Just look at LOTR movies I heard it took over three years for all of the movies to be finished and they turned out good except the last one at the end it kind of dragged on and on a little they could of shorted it oh well.  What I'm trying to say is at least Anderson had the luck and chance to make this movie happened.  If it wasn't for him then we all be waiting another ten years to see the movie.  It took ten years to decide to make an AVP movie and finally someone took up the chance to make it happen.  All the other directors were afraid to do it becasue of the story the had to create.  I think it is good to be original than doing the same thing for maybe new fans to the movie.  I have one friend who never seen the Predators movies and I personal had to make him watch them and he liked them.  Now he is a new fan of the movies there you go.  About the Predator looking different well what would you wear if you were in Anartica or somewhere really cold.  And besides these are new Predators they all have to be different to because well maybe different clans or something just as an example.  Wow I'm on a roll here all of your opinions are good because your worried about the movie being bad or good well don't worry I'm just pleased they made one for us to enjoy.    8)  

Shaneus

Shaneus

Hey all Shaneus coming all the way from down under this site rocks !!!! I have been a huge fan of AVP since i saw the alien skull in pred 2 and just the thought of the two going at it in a movie made me quiver. But i read at spawn.com that lex is going to team up with a pred and become a hunter please tell me its not true. Also the inclusion of bishop means this would have to be set between alien and aliens. Any idea of an official time setting. Cheers mates AVP Rulesssss Go Xenomorphs !!!

Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner

It is true that Lex teams up with a Predator, but there should be a perfectly good explanation for it. If you know/knew anything about the AVP comic books or novel, "Prey," this is what Anderson is sort of paying homage to.  Also, I'm very convinced now that "Celtic" is going to be a villain Predator. Since some ideas seem to be following the books, I can see the human kills mainly coming from HIM, and it being looked at as dishonorable by the other(s). Just look at Celtic's mask/helmet, it says it all. He's also the one it MAINLY shows in many of the battles. I'm willing to bet he's the gutsy, arrogant one of the bunch trying to gain prestige.

Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner

Shaneus; you should probably do some reading up on the movie. It isn't set in the Alien/Aliens timeline, it's in present day, set on Earth.

Shaneus

Shaneus

Yeah as i found out from this site right after posting that.   I still think that the idea of lex and a pred teaming up is a bad idea i have read some of the comics with the pred chick and they sucked  come on people they hunt us for sport. Did a pred end up shaking arnies hand and saying lets be freinds when the s#%t hit the fan ...... If this is gonna be another BLADE with an unstopable main character who kicks the crap outa everything its gonna suck. The best thing about alien and pred movies is the realism. No one is unbeatable.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed