The Neomorphs

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 21, 2016, 09:27:05 AM

Author
The Neomorphs (Read 88,436 times)

Skylark Duquesne

Skylark Duquesne

Quote from: Saggit on Oct 24, 2016, 09:34:08 AM
This is terrible! I mean the creature is terrible. And not in a good way. I want our regular xenomorph, not some albino. Ridley Scott please stop toying around. Prometheus was enough! Just make a good Alien movie like you did in 1979...
All this black goo, zombies and giant octopus bullsh...OH! And that "Alien" in the end. You can probably bash it to death with a broom stick. We have a saying in Poland:" Better is an enemy of good". I have such a love/hate attitude towards this movie...
One step further towards obliteration of anything gigeresque in the franchise ?
The xenomorph certainly needs a redesign but what a strange direction to take.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 25, 2016, 09:30:03 PM
But I guess the bit about Ridley not having played Isolation might be from the Wayne interview, since it is not classified/NDA information as far as I'm aware?

Correct but unfortunately, that question isn't in the actual interview. It was something I forgot to ask until we were just chatting about Isolation after the interview.

I'm just doing some editing on it now actually. We're not even talking about Covenant yet and I'm really enjoying just listening to Wayne talk. Don't expect a spoiler filled interview but there's some nice insight into the production.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: lv_226 on Oct 25, 2016, 04:55:16 PM

Would be nice to have a cinematic experience equivalent to the sheer horror of Isolation.
It was called ALIEN.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Seems like we're getting a new cinematic experience like that. Although on a bigger scale. Be still my heart.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I think it's going to be somewhere in between Alien and Aliens and all smothered in the Prometheus Black Goo. Which sounds pretty damn interesting.

lv_226

lv_226

Quote from: SiL on Oct 25, 2016, 10:22:44 PM
Quote from: lv_226 on Oct 25, 2016, 04:55:16 PM

Would be nice to have a cinematic experience equivalent to the sheer horror of Isolation.
It was called ALIEN.

*cough* I am aware of Alien  8)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

I don't think Scott plays computer games, but we know Blomkamp not only has experienced 'Isolation', but that it affected him profoundly enough to directly influence and change how he would approach his own project. We also know that Scott is producing, likes the first draft Blomkamp handed in and has apparently talked a lot with him.

While he might not have played it himself, I do suspect, Blomkamp's had his own influence, in this regard and might have possibly showed him a few brief video clips of it to illustrate his points (if only of peoples' reactions to experiencing it). It would explain why the guy's done a complete 180, in terms of not believing the original design can have any psychological impact, to suddenly including them.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: whiterabbit on Oct 25, 2016, 11:15:24 PM
I think it's going to be somewhere in between Alien and Aliens and all smothered in the Prometheus Black Goo. Which sounds pretty damn interesting.

This series could really use a shot in the leg at this point. I get the feeling this film will be it. If there is one thing I can say without question about PROMETHEUS its that if it leads to a great ALIEN COVENANT, I will be able to forgive it, of nearly all its flaws. Which reminds me... The best question now is: What will these new creatures look like?

motherfather

motherfather

Lets just hope that effects wise, we don't end up with something egg sac or pod wise that looks like it belongs to the film "Lost in Space" - the Matt Le Blanc version...

I still want to see something totally non-reminiscent of the human bipedal silhouette. Microscopic tardigrades for example already look freakishly Alien. Something like that..

genocyber

genocyber

So we now got Super Predators and Neomorphs.

windebieste

windebieste

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 26, 2016, 02:28:34 AM
I don't think Scott plays computer games, but we know Blomkamp not only has experienced 'Isolation', but that it affected him profoundly enough to directly influence and change how he would approach his own project. We also know that Scott is producing, likes the first draft Blomkamp handed in and has apparently talked a lot with him.

While he might not have played it himself, I do suspect, Blomkamp's had his own influence, in this regard and might have possibly showed him a few brief video clips of it to illustrate his points (if only of peoples' reactions to experiencing it). It would explain why the guy's done a complete 180, in terms of not believing the original design can have any psychological impact, to suddenly including them.

Yeah.  For sure.  I'm wondering if Scott's decision to embrace the familiar stages of the Alien once again has been influenced by the game.  He seems to have had a sudden turn about in regards to how powerful the original concepts can be.  This appears to have happened around the same time Blomkamp made his statements regarding the game's environment design influencing his own vision.

-Windebieste.

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

I wouldn't rule out seeing the original xeno design, but a new spin on the familiar is more than welcome since it adds an element of unpredictability and expands on the notion of the perfect organism, mind you I haven't read what Hicks has posted (no spoilers for me!) but from the general gist I gather that the Neomorph(s) will be something akin to what was in the "Engineers" script? Something like that translucent, amorphous creature would be cool.

SiL

SiL

That's basically it, yes (sorry to spoil it).

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Ah cool, apology unnecessary mate. Well I suspected that they'd use some of those ideas from Engineers, hope they're executed well.

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

Have the guys who leaked this had a detailed description of what the neomorph actually look like?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed