Author
SOPA strike (Read 37,873 times)

georgeromero

georgeromero

So The War is still going on?

Gate

Gate

MegaUpload - Closed.
- FileServe - Closing does not sell premium.
- FileJungle - Deleting files. Locked in the U.S..
- UploadStation - Locked in the U.S..
- FileSonic - the news is arbitrary (under FBI investigation).
- VideoBB - Closed! would disappear soon.
- Uploaded - Banned U.S. and the FBI went after the owners who are gone.
- FilePost - Deleting all material (so will leave executables, pdfs, txts)
- Videoz - closed and locked in the countries affiliated with the USA.
- 4shared - Deleting files with copyright and waits in line at the FBI.
- MediaFire - Called to testify in the next 90 days and it will open doors pro FBI
-Org torrent - could vanish with everything within 30 days "he is under criminal investigation"
- Network Share mIRC - awaiting the decision of the case to continue or terminate Torrente everything.
- Koshiki - operating 100% Japan will not join the SOUP / PIPA
- Shienko Box - 100% working china / korea will not join the SOUP / PIPA
- ShareX BR - group UOL / BOL / iG say they will join the SOUP / PIPA

Effectz

Effectz

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Amazing how things change. I suppose politicians do have minds of their own.

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 25, 2012, 03:01:28 AM

If you believe that(politicians having minds of their own) then your foolish. Every politician is under the control of some lobbyist who are well versed in the act of persuading AKA bribing them with money,little boys ect...at least in the US of A.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

i bet all of those shat a real brick when wikipedia went down and they couldn't use any social site to waste time during sessions.

any of you watched the first hearing? i didn't think US congressmen and women could be that infantile. they spent 45 minutes clearing up on the use of the word "offended". at a point they were so confused by how the technology involved works they all yielded and only two people were paraphrasing what an expert called in said. and at the end they suspended the discussion to order pizza.

funniest shit i've ever seen.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Jan 25, 2012, 07:00:27 PM

If you believe that(politicians having minds of their own) then your foolish. Every politician is under the control of some lobbyist who are well versed in the act of persuading AKA bribing them with money,little boys ect...at least in the US of A.
Aside from the general knowledge that lobbying is a big part of the American political system, how exactly do you plan on backing up this wildly ludicrous claim?

I disagree, strongly.

Congressmen and women want to stay in office, so if they're constituents get pissed, they'll change their minds on the issue if they want to keep their jobs (in the long term.)  You can watch this happen, as it did above and does all of the time.

Wait, did you actually say "little boys?"

Yeah I remember the last media scandal where a congressman was busted for being bribed by a lobbyist with little boys. ::)

First Blood

First Blood

Not every politician is a mustache twirling villain or some puppet only looking out for their self-interests. There are a lot of good people on Capital Hill who are truly trying to make a difference. 

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Very few Americans understand this.  Too much Alex Jones, not enough C-SPAN.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jan 25, 2012, 07:24:12 PM
i bet all of those shat a real brick when wikipedia went down and they couldn't use any social site to waste time during sessions.

any of you watched the first hearing? i didn't think US congressmen and women could be that infantile. they spent 45 minutes clearing up on the use of the word "offended". at a point they were so confused by how the technology involved works they all yielded and only two people were paraphrasing what an expert called in said. and at the end they suspended the discussion to order pizza.

funniest shit i've ever seen.
That's equal amounts hilarious and depressing.
I guess they were getting their vegetables in at the end, there.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I think you're foolish considering you misspelt "you're" but with a claim like that, it's not surprising.

Raku

Raku

I don't normally share the emails I get, but I think this is important to share.

Spoiler
QuoteHollywood thinks Congress is on their leash: Motion Picture Association of America President Chris Dodd just threatened to cut off Hollywood campaign contributions to any member of Congress who doesn't pass his Internet-censorship legislation.

After Congress shelved the controversial PIPA and SOPA bills, Dodd told Fox News:

"Those who count on quote 'Hollywood' for support need to understand that this industry is watching very carefully who's going to stand up for them when their job is at stake. Don't ask me to write a check for you when you think your job is at risk and then don't pay any attention to me when my job is at stake."

Click here to urge your lawmakers to free themselves from Hollywood's choke collar.  Tell them to give back the MPAA's money.

This is what corruption looks like in Washington. It's outrageous that Dodd — himself a former senator — is leveling these threats. Our elected officials must send a signal back to Dodd and the rest of K Street that our nation's laws can't be bought.

It's time that Congress showed that its votes are no longer for sale. Congress must give back the MPAA's dirty money or give it to charity. Congress must make it clear to the world that it won't be bullied into supporting censorship.

Please click here to urge your lawmakers to return Hollywood's dirty dollars.

Thanks!
[close]

Seriously though, almost all politicians have a price tag. It's sad, but that's the truth =/

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jan 25, 2012, 08:12:57 PM

Aside from the general knowledge that lobbying is a big part of the American political system, how exactly do you plan on backing up this wildly ludicrous claim?

I disagree, strongly.

Congressmen and women want to stay in office, so if they're constituents get pissed, they'll change their minds on the issue if they want to keep their jobs (in the long term.)  You can watch this happen, as it did above and does all of the time.

Wait, did you actually say "little boys?"

Yeah I remember the last media scandal where a congressman was busted for being bribed by a lobbyist with little boys. ::)

Twas a joke? It might ring true for certain congressmen in the US state of Pennsylvania. Rumor has it that a charity run by a former college coaching assistant pimped out underage kids to the highest bidder that could very well be high up government officials in the state.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

ACTA is apparently being voted on tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=citzRjwk-sQ#ws

QuoteIf you thought SOPA and PIPA were bad, let us introduce you to their Big Brother, ACTA.

The Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement, which has already been signed by several countries, poses a dangerous threat to the inherent freedom and openess of the Internet. Under ACTA, ISPs and websites will be given more power to track what we do online, while forcing them to turn over our information and reporting our activity to the authorities -- all in the name of copyright protection! While we respect the rights of creators, ACTA's ill-conceived provisions will have chilling effects on free speech everywhere.

The European Parliament still has to approve ACTA for it to go into effect around the world. If they vote NO, then ACTA will be effectively dismantled -- even in countries that have already signed it. We helped bring down SOPA and PIPA, now let's turn the fight to ACTA. Call on the EU Parliament to take a stand and vote "NO" on ACTA!

Dropping by to spread the word.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Jan 26, 2012, 08:18:23 PM
ACTA is apparently being voted on tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=citzRjwk-sQ#ws

QuoteIf you thought SOPA and PIPA were bad, let us introduce you to their Big Brother, ACTA.

The Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement, which has already been signed by several countries, poses a dangerous threat to the inherent freedom and openess of the Internet. Under ACTA, ISPs and websites will be given more power to track what we do online, while forcing them to turn over our information and reporting our activity to the authorities -- all in the name of copyright protection! While we respect the rights of creators, ACTA's ill-conceived provisions will have chilling effects on free speech everywhere.

The European Parliament still has to approve ACTA for it to go into effect around the world. If they vote NO, then ACTA will be effectively dismantled -- even in countries that have already signed it. We helped bring down SOPA and PIPA, now let's turn the fight to ACTA. Call on the EU Parliament to take a stand and vote "NO" on ACTA!

Dropping by to spread the word.

Hell yeah, stop this madness it makes SOPA redundant in comparsion.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed