Thoughts of Negativity

Started by Spoonman101, Jun 17, 2014, 03:39:59 PM

Author
Thoughts of Negativity (Read 3,424 times)

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

This game is recieving a lot of hype and for an alien  fan I am both weary and excited for Isolations release.
Hyped because of the new format and experience this will grant in the Alien franchise however weary due to the last 3 titles being well rather stale. Alien infestation was a nice little game to play for the ds but not something graphically dramatic like the console games AvP 2010 and Colonial marines. AvP 2010 was limited in terms of length in story mode and locked one on one fighting multiplayer. Aliens colonial marines for being well... rather shit....
I've put myself in a situation where I don't feel like looking forward to this title just so that I can really enjoy the results. How does everyone else feel about the release?

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

While I am very optimistic CA got this right, based on the chatter from E3, I still am not pre-ordering the game. I am waiting for reviews to drop. Obviously, if CA is confident and there is no review embargo, than I will be at a midnight launch somewhere.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Review embargo's are not a reflection on a game's quality.  :)

Ghostface

Ghostface

I worry that after a few deaths the fear wear off and it will become tedious and boring. Hoping to be proven wrong though.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 20, 2014, 10:58:30 AM
Review embargo's are not a reflection on a game's quality.  :)

I know, but I think it shows some confidence if a dev or publisher doesn't use one. With a game like this, it would be a plus. It would show SEGA isn't afraid after the CM disaster.

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

The only thing promising really is that the developers mentioned that this game took three years in the making... But with the factor that Amanda will be returning to the nostromo after Ellen blatantly destroyed it feels all to much like another Weyland effect.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Your becoming obsessed with this Weyland effect lark.

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

I'm obsessed with decoding its secrets!
That and I think its perfect in describing disruptions in plotlines.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

You totally stole the "Weyland Effect" from me anyway.  I told you about it in a PM, remember?

Don't listen to this guy, he stole my idea!

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

You?!

Such ingenuity could never be possessed by such a peasent!
After all
I have a masters in Weyland Algebra obtained at a Malaysian university!

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Nope, look...proof!

Re: Weyland Effect
« Sent by: Uncanny Antman on: Jun 16, 2014, 03:42:57 AM »

Remember that thing I told you about, the Weyland Effect?  Well don't steal my idea!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jun 20, 2014, 04:19:21 PM
The only thing promising really is that the developers mentioned that this game took three years in the making... But with the factor that Amanda will be returning to the nostromo after Ellen blatantly destroyed it feels all to much like another Weyland effect.

And it's not set on the Nostromo.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 20, 2014, 07:16:54 PM
Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jun 20, 2014, 04:19:21 PM

And it's not set on the Nostromo.

That's what you think! Not only will it take place on the Nostromo, but at one point a certain character will leap out of the shadow and scare you. His head will be wrapped in bloody bandages and he'll help you get through a damage section of the ship. Here's a snippet of the dialogue between this character and Amanda:

"You were with the original crew?"
"Right."
"How did you survive?"
"It's a..."
"A long story?"
"Right."

SPOILERS.

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

Are you pulling our legs Maw? This will go a long way in my theory!

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

My theory.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed