Official release date, synopsis and logo revealed

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 16, 2015, 05:13:54 PM

Author
Official release date, synopsis and logo revealed (Read 52,720 times)

T Dog

I'll wait to see how it turns out of course but my expectations are low and cautious.
Ridley is developing this, while The Martian was handed to him. Movies he's developed haven't turned out too well in recent years.

Magegg

This "Covenant" synopsis looks like Scott is simply going to do ONCE AGAIN the same plot from all the Alien films he has directed. What a bummer =(

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Magegg on Nov 22, 2015, 05:40:47 PM
This "Covenant" synopsis looks like Scott is simply going to do ONCE AGAIN the same plot from all the Alien films he has directed. What a bummer =(

What do you mean? This film will likely have a MUCH larger cast than any other Scott ALIEN film.

If anything it will likely be much different than ALIEN and PROMETHEUS.

LordCassusSnow

I'm sure most fans agree that this movie should not have Alien in the title. But it's understandable if it's only there because Scott doesn't want blomkamps fan fiction to overshadow his movie as he's very competitive. I for one am happy with the 4 Alien movies we have because, as Prometheus implies, the xenos are only weapons of the engineers. We know what their capable of and we know what they are. Just like we know what a nuclear bomb is and what it can do. I say no more movies about the weapons and more on the creators and what their intentions are by using these weapons. And also what other older and newer weapons were conceived before and after the xeno model.

whiterabbit

Hell yea it should have Alien in the title. It's an alien movie taking place in the alien universe. Although I agree that this series should focus on the space jockey err engineers. I would like to think that the alien is a naturally occurring creature that was perhaps misused by the engineers or experimented with. Although who knows really. I hope there are more types of aliens and even a god like entity too. However I want there to be an actual pay off and not just another movie. Never the less Ridley's goal with Prometheus was to explain what was inside of that suit; which I wish wasn't ruined in the damn trailer. This movies goal is show us what the engineers are I think.

Corporal Hicks

It is an Alien film in that it's set in the same universe as Alien. And we don't know if it will have Aliens in it or not yet. The title would imply they do. That said, they could expand the meaning to mean more than just the Aliens to aliens.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 23, 2015, 08:37:14 AM
It is an Alien film in that it's set in the same universe as Alien. And we don't know if it will have Aliens in it or not yet. The title would imply they do. That said, they could expand the meaning to mean more than just the Aliens to aliens.
And this is why the creature needs an actual name. Xenomorph works for me but for "reasons" it never got traction. We should set up a contest and call it "Name the Alien". Settle this debate once and for all.  :laugh:

Honestly though, Alien has to mean "the Aliens". I mean it has too. Right?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 23, 2015, 12:34:59 PM

Depends if they're trying to be smart about it. They could try and it infer it to also mean the Engineers or even us.

Infected

What if its about a Yutani group with 5 androids onboard all looking like Vasquez, talking trash all the time.
"we go out with a bang" "pendejo" "you are no man" "i never liked you" "are my tortillas ready" "i have never been mistaken for a man" "no have you" "you ever got your shit pushed in homesssssssss" "wolfie is just fine" "i am the legal guardian of your thesis if its provided correct" "i never liked you Gorlami"
Imagine 5 of those android bitches talking all the way like that every second.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The movie comes out the same as Disney's Jungle Book film. Fox first release Prometheus on the same week as Madagascar 3 and the movie didn't make it to #1 at the box office opening week. Kids films are always do better then R rated films expect for 22nd Jump Street being released on the same week as How To Train Your Dragon 2.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 23, 2015, 12:58:55 PM

Depends if they're trying to be smart about it. They could try and it infer it to also mean the Engineers or even us.
Ah shit this is ancient astronaut territory... well as long as people didn't make the alien. Of course it'll be people who made it to combat the engineers. f**k

Perfect-Organism

I have to admit that some of the ideas being put forth here of worst case scenarios are pretty bad.  And yet this is how the story might go.  If it turns out that humans created the aliens, then that will be one mindf*ck.  This film can really easily go sideways.  Be afraid.  Be very afraid.  You almost have to lower your expectations for this to be good.

I'm actually more interested from Blomkamp's flim..

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 23, 2015, 10:16:29 PM

Ah shit this is ancient astronaut territory... well as long as people didn't make the alien. Of course it'll be people who made it to combat the engineers. f**k

Hadn't really thought of it that way around. I certainly hope mankind doesn't end up creating the Aliens. I can get by with Engineer's doing it but not mankind.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 24, 2015, 08:51:19 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 23, 2015, 10:16:29 PM

Hadn't really thought of it that way around. I certainly hope mankind doesn't end up creating the Aliens. I can get by with Engineer's doing it but not mankind.
I know exactly how you feel. There's lots of things I can put up with but the one thing in alien that I can't; is if we actually made them. Even by accident. Though I don't actually think that will happen since Scott has said it's a movie about the engineers and why they would make such awful weapons.

CainsSon

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Nov 23, 2015, 10:22:47 PM
I have to admit that some of the ideas being put forth here of worst case scenarios are pretty bad.  And yet this is how the story might go.  If it turns out that humans created the aliens, then that will be one mindf*ck.  This film can really easily go sideways.  Be afraid.  Be very afraid.  You almost have to lower your expectations for this to be good.

I'm actually more interested from Blomkamp's flim..

Is this possible though? I mean, the murals in Prometheus depict the xenomorph... Unless the humans created the xenomorph thousands of years prior.

Im getting the feeling that David will create the Xeno we know, possibly in this film, but I think the idea may be that it has been made before and used as a weapon. I'm also getting the idea that when Scott says we will, at the end of the trilogy, know why that ship is there on LV426 and how and why and etc,.. Im thinking he doesn't necessarily mean, we will see it happen but maybe just find out what happened to get it there, thousands of years prior. - I hope thats the case anyway!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed