Official release date, synopsis and logo revealed

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 16, 2015, 05:13:54 PM

Author
Official release date, synopsis and logo revealed (Read 54,271 times)

TheBATMAN

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 16, 2015, 07:56:46 PM

I can easily imagine David contacting a colony ship in order to obtain human Guinea pigs for his experiments. "Come to coordinates xxxx-xxxx-xxx, it's Paradise, we have have balmy beaches with palm trees and piƱa coladas".  :)

I assume this film will be larger in scope than Prometheus with a pretty hefty body-count if we're talking about an entire ship full of colonists.

This is exactly what I'm thinking. The Engineers require human hosts and recruit David to bring them to them.

windebieste

Quote from: CainsSon on Nov 16, 2015, 07:33:53 PM

Also ISLAND of DR MOREAU and FRANKENSTEIN if I'm getting the right thing out of this synopsis. David being a Victor Frankenstein or Dr Moreau type of character and the new travelers being the unwitting participants.

To add to your musings, the full and complete title of Mary Shelley's 1818 book is 'Frankenstein; or the Modern Prometheus'.  Does that ring any bells?

-Windebieste.

Primordial

Primordial

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Nov 16, 2015, 05:29:56 PM
(Spoiler from what I gained by reading the Facebook update)

Spoiler
So it appears that Shaw didn't survive?
[close]

Spoiler
Sh*t happens when Medpods don't close wounds properly  :D
... Really hope she can get some answers overthere.
[close]

Far side of the galaxy is at least 50 000 light-years away. Humans from Earth wouldn't be able to go there, would they ?

The Alien Predator

The Milky Way is 100,000 light years from one end to the other.

The Alien series shows that space travel is very difficult, even the Rage War set in 2692 says we've only explored 1% of the galaxy, and human space alone would take you 200 years to fully explore. That's what I love about this franchise, it respects the sheer mass of space.

So I don't know how the Covenant would reach the other side of the galaxy, unless Weyland-Yutani discovered a good FTL method and after this film, decided it's best we stick to our local stars lol.

oduodu

According to Spaihts draft the engineer home world is In. Sagitarius's arm. With a span of 100000 light years for our Galaxy  I'd imagine 50000 llightyears sounds reasonable.

Perfect-Organism

Wow, they're really tying this in to the original Alien graphically with no evolution whatsoever.  Looks cool though.

oduodu

Yes that's the thing how did they get there . According to the weyland industries website FTL was discovered around 2040. The Prometheus did 17 times the speed of light. That would take 3000 years to fet there.

windebieste

It's Hollywood talk for "It's in space - we don't know exactly where; but it's in space, you'll like it!"

-Windebieste.

Mangina Maximus

Mangina Maximus

Colored me interested. I wonder how this will tie into the original alien.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: oduodu on Nov 16, 2015, 08:37:39 PM
Yes that's the thing how did they get there . According to the weyland industries website FTL was discovered around 2040. The Prometheus did 17 times the speed of light. That would take 3000 years to fet there.

Science fiction shenanigans perhaps. Wormholes and etc?

oduodu

oduodu

Windebieste

It sounds suspiciously like like Apone saying : it s a rescue mission you will like it. We have to rescue the colonists daughters from their virginity.

Yeah I guess its going to have to make sense somehow. I just hope we aint gonna get the "plothole" thing again.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 16, 2015, 08:58:07 PM
Quote from: oduodu on Nov 16, 2015, 08:37:39 PM
Yes that's the thing how did they get there . According to the weyland industries website FTL was discovered around 2040. The Prometheus did 17 times the speed of light. That would take 3000 years to get there.

Science fiction shenanigans perhaps. Wormholes and etc?

I am hoping not. Except maybe if its well set after  alien say 300 or so years and the tech has really gone way beyond anything we can think of now . Although this sounds even worse.

HeavenHeart

I just hope it doesn't literally tie in with Alien. What I mean is, the derelict seemed to be on LV 426 for thousands of years, its pilot fossilised (No, I still don't accept the Space Jockey as a suit).

I don't want to see the derelict crash land on the planetoid just a couple of years before the events of Alien, except maybe if it was already a derelict in space and it crashed in that state.

I would like to see:

1. The Space Jockeys as the ones who created the engineers and the engineers as the ones who stole "the fire" from them;

2. The Aliens as life form (made by the Jockeys or not), that the engineers are trying to replicate but never can;

3. The derelict as the last place where pure living Alien samples exist (maybe, haven't thought this one through).

I know, dream on...

Shamo

I am absolutely happy it is official now! And yet- almost 2 more years.... Thats harsh!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: oduodu on Nov 16, 2015, 08:58:39 PM
I am hoping not. Except maybe if its well set after  alien say 300 or so years and the tech has really gone way beyond anything we can think of now . Although this sounds even worse.

Personally I like the idea of it being set well after Alien. An old ship, hundreds of year old, outdated and drifting through space all that time.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 16, 2015, 09:11:14 PM
Quote from: oduodu on Nov 16, 2015, 08:58:39 PM

Personally I like the idea of it being set well after Alien. An old ship, hundreds of year old, outdated and drifting through space all that time.

You know what? That sounds really cool actually.

The Covenant could even be one of the earliest waves of Fiennes like ships, sent out into the unknown with colonists in cryo-sleep. So they may just wake up and not have a clue what year it even is until they check the ship's computer if it's not malfunctioning.

It just reminded me of a film called "Pandorum" where humans send out a huge ship to go and colonize a nearby Earth like world. The ship is filled with mutated humans that have evolved to live in the ship due to how long it has been drifting.

We then learn that
Spoiler
the ship has crashed on the planet and has been on it for quite some time...
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed