AvPGalaxy Reviews Prometheus

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 01, 2012, 08:45:29 AM

Author
AvPGalaxy Reviews Prometheus (Read 35,591 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

As some of you know, I had the chance to attend a press showing of Prometheus and I’ve written up a some-what detailed review:

“It's certainly been a fun road to here. First it was an Alien prequel, then it's a completely new original movie and then it becomes clear that it is in fact related to Alien. However, the important thing to take into consideration when watching Prometheus is that while it is connected to Alien, it is in no way an Alien movie.”

I’ve tried not to give away too many spoilers but I’d say it’s detailed. Have a read of my review and check out my opinion on the movie.

Rockybear

Rockybear

:)

garywatt

garywatt

Guys

Not reading any more, off to see it in 2 hours  ;D

I've not been that active at all on the forum but would like to thank you all for the posts and discussions.
I've been reading daily for my fix. You guys have made it very interesting.

Only problem for today is I have a bad cough so if anyone in Aberdeen viewing this morning hears me, I promise to keep the coughing low  :D

Cheers

Gary

Alien³

Alien³

I agree with you Completely Corp except one thing. I loved the score and that generated that extra half a star for me.

idi2

idi2

ooh you are lucky man that you already see it :-) but from the reading of your post i was expecting litle bit more from ridley.

psychonaut25

psychonaut25

So, we can expect another "AvP" like movie with Prometheus ?? because many reviews are mixed , mixed positive and many are negative. Oh dear. Too much hype will kill you....

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: psychonaut25 on Jun 01, 2012, 10:28:50 AM
So, we can expect another "AvP" like movie with Prometheus ?? because many reviews are mixed , mixed positive and many are negative. Oh dear. Too much hype will kill you....

Its a great film just has a few issues is all.

maniace

maniace

Comparing this to AvP really would be dumb thing to do just because of the fact that this has way more value to the movie.
AvP was nothing more than a fancy mashup that turned out not that great. Prometheus is a fancy movie that just makes sure you will be leaving with many more questions :)

Jonesy201

Jonesy201

Great review. I totally agree that some things seemed to be glossed over.
Spoiler
Especially the Shaw caesarian plot. Nobody even mentioned the creature or why Shaw had a ten inch scar across her stomach. The story just jumped straight into the Weyland plotline...very dissappointing. Again, it seemed to happen when the guy with the specs (i forget his name) was found...why was he dead? What killed him? Did anybody even care?
[close]
There was so much to enjoy in the movie but maybe it was the hype, maybe the tenuous link to the franchise but i left the cinema (at 3 in the morning) feeling a little...underwhelmed.

aliennaire

aliennaire

Fair review, Corporal Hicks!
Perhaps, I wouldn't be so critical about octopus creature appearance, tentacles could be if not scary, then giddy and certainly unpleasant.
And I absulutely second your opinion about super-grandiose score and unpropelly written characters' reactions and attitudes.

Space_Dementia

Space_Dementia

Its a movie that does ask more than it answers, for sure... Spent alot of time thinking about this movie after watching the midnight screening last night. I can't help but feel this was made originally with a Part 2 in mind... ill be very surprised if they don't announce a sequel soon, because there was so much left unanswered... Yeah it had the Alien link, with the birth of the 'Proto Alien', but your still left with that massive gap between that scene and Alien. First of all, its not the same planet as Alien, second, when they find the Engineer in Alien, its at the seat, so alot more goes on and I want to see it.

Stringer2355

Stringer2355

How was the 3D ?

garywatt

garywatt

Hello all

Just back. I'm easy to please and loved it to bits. 3D fantastic, score fantastic, crashing ship fantastic.

Left the cinema with watery eyes  :'(

Gary

MrLee

MrLee

A wasted opportunity. Absolutely dissappointed.

A great set up, first hour of interesting plot, feels like its going somewhere then.

Spoiler
*spoiler*

Shit gets real, the creatures in her. That scene, is the closest to the feeling of the original alien movies in years. It was great. Then its time for half an hour of space terror.....

But you dont get that. That scene happens, and then the film gives you a  bunch of shitty scenes, with plot holes and confusion. No scary creatures chasing people, not nothing. Just a load of shit.

They just cant make films like the first few aliens anymore, and thats that. They CANT do it. The film gives us a scary alien at the end.... yes, at the end. What the f**k. Why wasnt that crreature in the movie after the first hour, giving us the horror movie Ridley said he was out to make. Instead we just get Ridley jacking off his ego and not taking the film ANYWHERE.

*unspoiler*
[close]

I just HATE how the characters are wrote really badly, people just dont seem to react to things that have happened in the plot. Its just crap.

Thomas

Thomas

Spoiler
Why is no one referring to the fact that the proto-Alien "born" in the very end of the movie is a "queen".......
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed