Danny McBride in talks for Covenant

Started by Gazz, Feb 11, 2016, 12:01:51 AM

Author
Danny McBride in talks for Covenant (Read 30,808 times)

mace-in-the-face

Jesus Shit. I now have ZERO hope for this movie. Why doesn't Ridley Scott sign Seth Rogen and James Franco too? How about Melissa McCarthy while he's at it? f**k.

david8

david8

Overreacting a little mace-in-the-face, it doesn't follow that Scott will cast actors McBride has worked prominently with, we don't know what kind of character McBride may potentially play, I say give him a chance and reserve judgement until the film is released.

Stolen

Stolen

Interesting choice!! He's a very good actor. Would be perfect for a role like Parker.

mace-in-the-face

Quote from: david8 on Feb 13, 2016, 09:36:11 AM
Overreacting a little mace-in-the-face, it doesn't follow that Scott will cast actors McBride has worked prominently with, we don't know what kind of character McBride may potentially play, I say give him a chance and reserve judgement until the film is released.

Famous last words. This is shaping up to be another AVP Requiem.

blood.

blood.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 12, 2016, 01:29:55 PM
Just watched a couple of Youtube videos starring McBride - he looks and sounds like someone you'd find behind the wheel of a semi or seated on the back of a Harley. In other words, he'd probably make a great space trucker.

Seems like the kind of character to reminisce about the Microsoft wars.

future_Tarzan³

somebody make an img of a chest burster coming out of danny mcbride please

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: mace-in-the-face on Feb 14, 2016, 06:41:58 AM
Quote from: david8 on Feb 13, 2016, 09:36:11 AM

Famous last words. This is shaping up to be another AVP Requiem.

Haedo

Haedo

I like Eastbound and Down...can't keep a straight face thinking of Danny in a serious Alien film

Xenomorph_2099

Well....that's a first, a comedy movie actor moving towards Si-Fi....at least we have a director this time unlike AVP:R.Also on a further note, I'm happy that the Alien and Predator franchises are moving forward, and not deeper down a black hole of no return, along with the hype of AVP fights in Mortal Kombat X, I actually hope that the Aliens VS Predator franchise can move foward as a movie franchise later in the future.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: mace-in-the-face on Feb 13, 2016, 02:55:31 AMJesus Shit. I now have ZERO hope for this movie.

Remember when Paul Reiser was only known for standup, sitcoms and Beverly Hills Cop...?

Quote from: Xenomorph_2099 on Feb 15, 2016, 09:01:10 PMWell....that's a first, a comedy movie actor moving towards Si-Fi....

Again, Paul Reiser begs to differ.

Corporal Hicks

I really don't think there's anything to worry about just because he was a comedy actor. As we've pointed out before, serious films have had comedic actors in them plenty of times.

426Buddy

I think he'll do a good job, I could see him pulling off a serious performance no problem.

Danny McBride is what the deacon turned into!

Perfect-Organism

Danny McBride has really great potential for this film.  I can see him unloading on the Aliens in a big way in a "turn of the tides" moment...

DarkXeno

I think it's awesome!

mace-in-the-face

Quote from: Xenomorph_2099 on Feb 15, 2016, 09:01:10 PM
Well....that's a first, a comedy movie actor moving towards Si-Fi....at least we have a director this time unlike AVP:R.Also on a further note, I'm happy that the Alien and Predator franchises are moving forward, and not deeper down a black hole of no return, along with the hype of AVP fights in Mortal Kombat X, I actually hope that the Aliens VS Predator franchise can move foward as a movie franchise later in the future.

How are franchises getting sequel-ed and rebooted into infinity considered moving forward?

Gazz, mentality like that is what gets us AVP Requiems.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 16, 2016, 09:25:17 AM
Remember when Paul Reiser was only known for standup, sitcoms and Beverly Hills Cop...?

Who the hell remembers Paul Reiser? Aliens was like his one and only serious role.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed