Started by ikarop, Mar 17, 2012, 11:39:42 PM

Author
Full Trailer (HD) (Read 245,150 times)

Lssar

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 01, 2012, 06:21:27 PM
Quote from: Kol on Apr 01, 2012, 12:35:47 PM
you're both a bit retarded, i think.
leave mother theresa alone.
She's dead, I don't think she cares. Anyway, if she were still alive she'd be too busy making sure poor people at risk of HIV couldn't get condoms.

I´m astonished: this is for sure one of the cruelest idiocy I´ve read in quite some time.

For your information, she alone did more for the more in need than a million demagogues with their pockets full of condoms and their heads empty of generosity.

Cvalda

Quote from: Lssar on Apr 01, 2012, 07:05:50 PM
I´m astonished: this is for sure one of the cruelest idiocy I´ve read in quite some time.

For your information, she alone did more for the more in need than a million demagogues with their pockets full of condoms and their heads empty of generosity.
I see that Catholic propaganda wagon is still at full force. ::)

psychonaut25

Lssar

I wonder ... what does God or Catholicism have to do with showing some respect for a woman that dedicated her life to care for people you guys wouldn´t even touch with a stick?

Oh!, she was Catholic ... so?

Oh!, you are so biased anti-Catholic ... so?

psychonaut25

What a religion has to do with prometheus trailer???? Any mods here?

Cvalda

Quote from: Lssar on Apr 01, 2012, 07:18:22 PM
I wonder ... what does God or Catholicism have to do with showing some respect for a woman that dedicated her life to care for people you guys wouldn´t even touch with a stick?
She didn't dedicate her life to that. She dedicated her life to self-promotion, hobnobbing with and taking money from fascists, and funneling most of her organizations money into missionary work, not helping the poor, whom she didn't really give two shits about. In fact, in her own words, she said the poor should just accept "their lot" and suffer because it brings them closer to Jesus.

Do some research before you blindly parrot the party line.

Taxemic

Don't know why I come on here anymore. I rarely ever post unless it's worth it but just popped my head in to see if there's any news on one of this years biggest film and what I've read is frankly embarrassing. You lot need to grow up and learn to stick on topic.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 01, 2012, 07:22:45 PM
She didn't dedicate her life to that. She dedicated her life to self-promotion, hobnobbing with and taking money from fascists, and funneling most of her organizations money into missionary work, not helping the poor, whom she didn't really give two shits about. In fact, in her own words, she said the poor should just accept "their lot" and suffer because it brings them closer to Jesus.

I know we're off-topic but ...

Teresa refused the suffering painkillers because suffering aligned them with the torture of Christ. She also accepted money from despots and also embezzled money, which she refused to return when found out. She also refused the dying any comfort -because again, it's unChrist-like to die otherwise- and yet died herself in the most luxurious comfort that the Western world could heap on her.This is a fact but is actually not very well known. Funnily enough, she's more of a celebrity worldwide than in Calcutta, where she isn't seen as benevolent as she is elsewhere. Christopher Hitchens wrote an expose and hosted a programme on the subject. Here's the first few chapters of a book on the subject: http://www.meteorbooks.com/introduction.html

^ this concerns factual, real-world problems. I see no problem in mentioning this. But let's not invoke the G-man. That's a mess we can't be bothered with. If you want to discuss this at length, create a new thread or PM one another. Trailer talk is slowing down but let's not veer too wildly off course :)

AsapJockey

Um can we talk about SPACE TAPIRS?  :-[

Lssar

Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 02, 2012, 02:58:18 AM
Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 01, 2012, 07:22:45 PM

I know we're off-topic but ...

Teresa refused the suffering painkillers because suffering aligned them with the torture of Christ. She also accepted money from despots and also embezzled money, which she refused to return when found out. She also refused the dying any comfort -because again, it's unChrist-like to die otherwise- and yet died herself in the most luxurious comfort that the Western world could heap on her.This is a fact but is actually not very well known. Funnily enough, she's more of a celebrity worldwide than in Calcutta, where she isn't seen as benevolent as she is elsewhere. Christopher Hitchens wrote an expose and hosted a programme on the subject. Here's the first few chapters of a book on the subject: http://www.meteorbooks.com/introduction.html

^ this concerns factual, real-world problems. I see no problem in mentioning this. But let's not invoke the G-man. That's a mess we can't be bothered with. If you want to discuss this at length, create a new thread or PM one another. Trailer talk is slowing down but let's not veer too wildly off course :)

Yeah, sure, huge off topic, but ... do you really believe all that crap from this ... uh ... Christopher Hitchens? A guy that justified the October Revolution as a necessary event in the modernization of Russia? Sure, more than 60 million dead to modernize a country ... Worth it, uh Christopher? Still drinking that much? Oh, wait ... You passed away already!

No more replies from me, I think we all let clear our opinion. To finish, just a wiki-quote:

"Mother Teresa's Missionaries of Charity at the time of her death had 610 missions in 123 countries including hospices and homes for people with HIV/AIDS, leprosy and tuberculosis, soup kitchens, children's and family counselling programmes, orphanages and schools. She was the recipient of numerous honours, including the 1979 Nobel Peace Prize for her humanitarian work."

Christopher Hitchens, at the time of his death, left to posterity ... errr ... nothing.

Now Prometheus ...

psychonaut25

Valaquen

Quote from: Lssar on Apr 02, 2012, 11:45:03 AM
Yeah, sure, huge off topic, but ... do you really believe all that crap from this ... uh ... Christopher Hitchens? A guy that justified the October Revolution as a necessary event in the modernization of Russia? Sure, more than 60 million dead to modernize a country ... Worth it, uh Christopher? Still drinking that much? Oh, wait ... You passed away already!

No more replies from me, I think we all let clear our opinion. To finish, just a wiki-quote:

"Mother Teresa's Missionaries of Charity at the time of her death had 610 missions in 123 countries including hospices and homes for people with HIV/AIDS, leprosy and tuberculosis, soup kitchens, children's and family counselling programmes, orphanages and schools. She was the recipient of numerous honours, including the 1979 Nobel Peace Prize for her humanitarian work."

Christopher Hitchens, at the time of his death, left to posterity ... errr ... nothing.

Now Prometheus ...
Well if you're incapable of looking at other sources or from resorting to ad hominems then I'm more than happy to move on.

And I mean it. We're moving on. Warnings and deletions will be put into effect on off-topic posts.

OpenMaw

Quote from: AsapJockey on Apr 02, 2012, 06:28:45 AM
Um can we talk about SPACE TAPIRS?  :-[

I have the distinct urge to gun them down.  :)

Vepariga

no matter how many times I watch the trailers,I get chills. Love it.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Vepariga on Apr 09, 2012, 12:28:29 AM
no matter how many times I watch the trailers,I get chills. Love it.

Agreed. It's going to be AWESOME. :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed