Full Prey Trailer Officially Released Alongside New Poster!

Started by Bat Chain Puller, Jun 04, 2022, 09:32:53 PM

Author
Full Prey Trailer Officially Released Alongside New Poster! (Read 53,213 times)

Corporal Hicks

Alright folk, let's divert away from this direction.

Wweyland

So is it getting some kind of special limited theatrical release or is it only on Hulu?

SiL

Only confirmed on Hulu/Disney +. Maybe theatrical but zero news on if it's actually happening.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Wweyland on Jun 19, 2022, 09:38:56 PMSo is it getting some kind of special limited theatrical release or is it only on Hulu?

We're hoping for a small select theatrical run, and the director hinted at that too. No official word yet though.

RoguePred1987

At the end of the day I'm just hoping for a 4k physical release. Fingers crossed.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: RoguePred1987 on Jun 20, 2022, 05:04:56 PMAt the end of the day I'm just hoping for a 4k physical release. Fingers crossed.

That's the most important part frankly.

Kailem

I'm definitely worried that we're not going to see a physical release for this. It's the worst part about the whole move to a "streaming future", in movies, TV and games. You're at the whim of the content owners as to how and when you can watch/play something, and in cases like this you're going to have to keep re-subscribing every other month you want to watch it, rather than just paying the one time fee upfront.

Not to mention the likely lack of any sort of behind-the-scenes content or special features.

Wweyland

How's the situation with other streamed franchise movies? Do they get a blu-ray release?
I see Mandalorian has a blu-ray release.

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Wweyland on Jun 20, 2022, 08:29:58 PMHow's the situation with other streamed franchise movies? Do they get a blu-ray release?
Mando doesn't. None of their live-action Star Wars shows have physical releases.  :(

Wweyland

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Jun 20, 2022, 08:53:48 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Jun 20, 2022, 08:29:58 PMHow's the situation with other streamed franchise movies? Do they get a blu-ray release?
Mando doesn't. None of their live-action Star Wars shows have physical releases.  :(
I saw this one, but might be a bootleg or something:
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Star-Wars-The-Mandalorian-The-Complete-First-Season-Blu-ray/281063/

RoguePred1987

A good indicator would be to look into the other movies released on HULU. Like Deep Water for instance.

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Wweyland on Jun 21, 2022, 11:24:40 AMI saw this one, but might be a bootleg or something:
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Star-Wars-The-Mandalorian-The-Complete-First-Season-Blu-ray/281063/
It has no release date. Somebody just made that listing out of wishful thinking.

Deep Water has no physical release as of yet.

I just checked on all 13 films on this list:
https://www.highonfilms.com/best-hulu-original-films/

Out of all 13 films on here, the following have NO physical releases:
Vacation Friends (2021)
False Positive (2021)
No Exit (2022)
Plan B (2021)
Fresh (2022)

Then these films only have releases in a few non-US countries:
The United States Vs. Billie Holiday (2021)
Boss Level (2021)
Happiest Season (2020)
Bad Hair (2020)
Run (2020)
Big Time Adolescence (2020)
Palm Springs (2020)

The only film on this list that got physical releases in the US, (along with Canada and the UK, but no other countries), was the oldest film featured:
Minding the Gap (2018)

So this doesn't bode well for Prey. Granted, none of the films on that list were part of major IP's, but we already see that they aren't putting Star Wars shows on discs.

They don't want you to buy a $25 blu-ray and be done with it. They want you to spend a monthly fee until you die.

HuDaFuK

I hate that bullshit.

426Buddy

It's very sad...

BlueMarsalis79

Mfw December 2022 and no Prey 4K Blu-ray steelbook.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed