New spin on the pistol origin story?

Started by happypred, Jun 18, 2022, 03:57:01 AM

Author
New spin on the pistol origin story? (Read 2,306 times)

happypred

happypred

Raphael Adolini 1715 on Greyback's pistol

Prey is set in 1719

A bit weird if there's zero connection...

If they're ignoring the DH short, Raphael Adolini could just be the gunsmith's name and it wouldn't be that odd for a French trapper to be using a pistol made by a gunsmith with an Italian name.

This could leave room for Feral to be implied as young Greyback.

Trachtenberg says Feral could be from a different hemisphere. Relative to Jungle Hunter, Crucified, the Super Clan and Fugitive...Feral, Greyback and at least some members of the Lost Tribe have a noticeably more tribal, almost shamanistic aesthetic.

Not saying there's def a connection as I'm just speculating, but think there's room for Predator 2 and Predator 5 to be linked somehow.

SiL

We know they had a replica of the gun made/bought for the film.

Greyback does not have thing long dreads and doesn't look like he's from a "different hemisphere" than the original Predators so if it's their plan to have Feral be Greyback they seriously messed up.

Some Old Dude

He'd also be 278 years older tho.

Doomofman

How I'd expect them to do it (And I dont necessarily think this would be good) is that Naru gets the pistol from one of colonists/trappers (maybe off the dead body of one after the burnt forest fight) and uses it somehow to help defeat the Feral predator at the end and then we get a scene mirroring P2 where a younger Grey back and his bros show up to retrieve Feral's body and Naru gives Greyback the pistol as a mark of respect for how the Feral/his species fought. Again I don't think this would necessarily be good bit it's the kinda way I'd expect someone to approach it to really drive home the link to P2

shadowedge

Quote from: SiL on Jun 18, 2022, 04:04:07 AMWe know they had a replica of the gun made/bought for the film.

Greyback does not have thing long dreads and doesn't look like he's from a "different hemisphere" than the original Predators so if it's their plan to have Feral be Greyback they seriously messed up.

I didn't know that they had a replica of the gun made for the film. That is cool. Do you where it was stated that they made a replica?

Adolini is an Italian surename and this movie has French fur trappers, but maybe there are some Italians with them?

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: SiL on Jun 18, 2022, 04:04:07 AMWe know they had a replica of the gun made/bought for the film.

Usually I'd say to myself "surely they couldn't screw this up THAT bad, right?"

But after the Predator nothing is sure. But I seriously hope that will not be the case with Greyback.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: shadowedge on Jun 18, 2022, 08:19:54 PMI didn't know that they had a replica of the gun made for the film. That is cool. Do you where it was stated that they made a replica?

They borrowed a replica off a collector, according to rumors.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 19, 2022, 06:36:02 PM
Quote from: shadowedge on Jun 18, 2022, 08:19:54 PMI didn't know that they had a replica of the gun made for the film. That is cool. Do you where it was stated that they made a replica?

They borrowed a replica off a collector, according to rumors.

Curious to see if it at all plays out. If it is a rumor and nothing happens, I wonder if someone was just messing with us. But it could be they're testing out the idea to see if they can make it work. I'm 50/50 on the thing, I'd rather Greyback and the pistol not show up if they can't do it right. Don't need it feeling forced for some Easter egg cameo that only fans would notice.

Highland

Jesus, spoiler alert  :'(

That's cool though if it's in there.

RoguePred1987

Since Feral isn't Greyback, and with the rumor of a second potential Pred actor, maybe he is watching or reveals himself after the finale similar to P2.

SuperiorIronman

I could see a case where our focus is Feral but Greyback was in the movie the whole time. As if we watch the pistol get taken but we can't see Feral properly and it turns out it was really Greyback who took it. Greyback shows up for the final battle or after and we can see the pistol suggesting his identity.

Though I could see a case where Naru beats Feral but Greyback shows up and wants revenge and we get a some hard feelings or a chase and he loses her. Which might be a good contrast to Predator 2 where despite the loss he lets Harrigan go. Suggesting he's matured a bit in the 200 some years since this.

Wweyland

I already like the fact that this would stray away from the "only the first movie counts" aesthetic that Predators went with (only referenced Dutch), but thankfully The Predator didn't (even referenced AvP).

BlueMarsalis79

Yes thankfully that confines The Predator to the AVP and AVPR shithole.

chrisr232007

My theory is that this new predator is either a bad blood or acting outside the clans traditions and Greyback shows up at the end and kills him while not intentionally save the girl.

BigDaddyJohn

Please no.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed