TEASER TRAILER is here / Release Date is August 5

Started by skhellter, May 16, 2022, 01:17:21 PM

Author
TEASER TRAILER is here / Release Date is August 5 (Read 23,144 times)

SiL

Quote from: Master Chief  :P on May 31, 2022, 01:47:20 PM
Quote from: SiL on May 31, 2022, 11:41:04 AMPredators aren't interested in killing. They're interested in hunting. Which involves killing, but it'a process.
*City Hunter has entered the chat*
You know what I mean  :P Yes he butchered a lot of people en masse, but his prize was Harrigan - whom he could have killed easily at many points, but didn't.

Predators aren't just here to slaughter as many people as possible as quickly as possible. They want the hunting process.

Although sure I guess some want both.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Master Chief on May 31, 2022, 01:47:20 PM
Quote from: SiL on May 31, 2022, 11:41:04 AMPredators aren't interested in killing. They're interested in hunting. Which involves killing, but it'a process.
*City Hunter has entered the chat*

*cough* *cough* *cough* bad blood *cough* *cough*

[cancerblack]

Nah, he's just a bit of a c**t

shadowedge

I am really looking forward to Prey. It will be cool to see a historical setting of native Americans vs a yautja.

The Comanche were know as fierce warriors so it is fitting that a predator would take interest.

As for people who are upset that it is a woman, I  have confidence that they will do her justice. She will not become a Mary Sue or a disney Pocahontas. She will likely be a well fleshed out character. She will probably use her brains and find a way to win.  Same kind thing that Dutch did. He was using a bow and arrow too and in the end outwitted it with a trap.

That or at least team up at the end vs a second foe, after earning each other's respect (if it is Greyback since he is alive as of Predator 2).

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: shadowedge on Jun 01, 2022, 04:00:00 PMThat or at least team up at the end vs a second foe

Please god no more of that.

Kradan

Finally showed this to my dad. He has a soft spot for all things indians. I think he liked it

Mr.Turok

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 02, 2022, 02:47:05 PM
Quote from: shadowedge on Jun 01, 2022, 04:00:00 PMThat or at least team up at the end vs a second foe

Please god no more of that.

Prefer a settler and Comanche alliance vs Predator if we had to go with the team up route. But yes, I think everyone doesn't want a Predator and human team up anymore, its been overdone in media for too long. 

Immortan Jonesy

Interspecies alliance?  ;D

Spoiler
[close]

Master

4 life!

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 02, 2022, 04:27:39 PMInterspecies alliance?  ;D

Spoiler
[close]
I'm not going to lie, if a Sasquatch really does show up and if the idea is executed properly, it would be one of the best kept twists in recent memory.

shadowedge

I was thinking it might start with native Americans vs big foot then the predator comes and kills Bigfoot. It ends with the Predator teaming up with the main Comanche woman against a 3rd party,  likely colonizers and that is how Greyback gets the pistol that he gave to Harrigan.

Then takes her on his ship to be trained in the yautja ways like AVP Prey. If it is greyback then we know that he does not due since he is in Predator 2 and it is likely that the Comanche main character lives too.  Maybe he is impressed with the way she fought or some of their tactics used so he brings her oboard to learn more of their ways to make themselves better hunters since the Comanche were so good at tracking and stuff.

That way all sides get something positive out of the movie. It doesn't disrespect native Americans and fans of Predator finally get one that lives.

BigDaddyJohn

But movies and comics are a totally different ballgame. What may sounds cool in a comic may very well look ridiculous and obnoxious in a movie. That's a big risk I'm not willing to take anymore.

overthere

What if Predators can time travel

SiL

Please no.

PredBabe

I think my biggest concern is that they play things too safe and it ends up feeling like a rehash of how the first movie plays out.

Otherwise I'm pretty hyped to see what they do with this; I really like Trachtenberg's work so that's keeping me optimistic. I really want a gnarly looking predator design in this; as amazing as Jungle Hunter's look is I hope the craft one that is much more primal and menacing looking. I also want to see them play up on some Native American shamanism.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed