Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus 3 and 4

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 23, 2015, 09:04:39 AM

Author
Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus 3 and 4 (Read 24,690 times)

Perfect-Organism

I think Ridley sees prometheus as his "Avatar".  He is essentially doing the James Cameron Route here.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 24, 2015, 10:23:59 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 24, 2015, 09:49:13 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 24, 2015, 07:28:03 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 23, 2015, 07:56:16 PM
Ok... but still happy with what we got in prometheus vs that. :)

I'd have to disagree. The script is far better than the film.
Wait, just to be clear, we're talking about the ultramorph script/screenplay where shaw single handily exterminates alien after alien?

I do.
I understand what you're saying but that movie would have been terrible. :(

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Sep 24, 2015, 12:15:21 PM
I think Ridley sees prometheus as his "Avatar".  He is essentially doing the James Cameron Route here.
Finally someone said it.

Beatnation

Prometheus 2 oficially titled: Alien: Paradise Lost.

I hope Blomhack get shafted by the studio, cause retconning Alien 3 in favor of wet fan-fiction is sacrilege.

irn

irn

Let's all keep in mind that Ridley isn't exactly renowned for accuracy in his interviews. He tends to just say what's on his mind at that moment in time.

THE CITY HUNTER

Ridley "Prometheus will be a prequel!""Prometheus will not be a prequel well kinda"Any of you guys remember that in 2012

Owl is not real

Owl is not real

All I ask for is a decent film from Neil Blomkamp, a good movie that ignores all the lousy third rate sequels and spinoffs and effectively forms a nice tight trilogy with Alien and Aliens.

The Prometheus news is only of interest out of concern it might kill the Blomkamp movie. It may or may not turn out well, but so long as it gets a chance Ridley can do whatever he wants. I can just ignore the Prometheus stuff, like all the trashy Alien vs Predator movies, Alien 3 and so on. I can't imagine how good the reviews would have to be to make me see another Prometheus movie.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Beatnation on Sep 24, 2015, 04:19:13 PM

I hope Blomhack get shafted by the studio, cause retconning Alien 3 in favor of wet fan-fiction is sacrilege.

We know virtually nothing about the story, let alone enough to make a judgement call on whether it's "wet fan-fiction" or not.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Sep 25, 2015, 12:15:32 AM
Quote from: Beatnation on Sep 24, 2015, 04:19:13 PM

We know virtually nothing about the story, let alone enough to make a judgement call on whether it's "wet fan-fiction" or not.

Michael Biehn has stated that Neill Blomkamp's movie disregards 3 and 4, that we know so far. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmUH_eA9VGE

RakaiThwei

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Sep 25, 2015, 04:17:48 AM
Michael Biehn has stated that Neill Blomkamp's movie disregards 3 and 4, that we know so far.

Wikipedia and IMDB need to reference this video and mention this..

Having that said, while Biehn has mentioned this, we really don't know for certain but many signs point to it. And with the sudden change in the Prometheus sequel... it might as well be a toss up. Maybe that Bloody-Disgusting "insider" who said it was early to tell may have some weight in their claim.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Sep 25, 2015, 04:17:48 AMMichael Biehn has stated that Neill Blomkamp's movie disregards 3 and 4, that we know so far.

Michael Biehn, who's only connection to the movie is a hoax Twitter post saying he's been cast that was immediately debunked...

Grendel13

Grendel13

I think his idea will give the Alien universe a lot more depth.

whiterabbit

Yea, the alien is iconic but the universe it exists within can be so much more. These sci-fi, horror, action, monster movies are the types of movies we rarely get.

T Dog

whiterabbit

This vs cameron's avatar... what the hell is cameron thinking. :P

I can't wait to see alien: paradise lost.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 25, 2015, 07:40:58 AM
Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Sep 25, 2015, 04:17:48 AMMichael Biehn has stated that Neill Blomkamp's movie disregards 3 and 4, that we know so far.

Michael Biehn, who's only connection to the movie is a hoax Twitter post saying he's been cast that was immediately debunked...

It's a little more than that. He's said (and I know it was him, I was there) that he'd been talking to Blomkamp about the film. He also confirmed that Blomkamp had told him the events of Alien 3 and Resurrection were being ignored.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed