Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 387,208 times)

Corporal Hicks

[cancerblack]

Got everything I need, although if the alternate warriors are up for grabs I'll make another purchase.

razeak

Oh no. More of my $$$$ lol

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 25, 2019, 09:31:04 PM
Got everything I need, although if the alternate warriors are up for grabs I'll make another purchase.

I'm just excited they're releasing some new stuff.  ;D

SiL

Hey if anyone wants to buy me a Dutch and Lynn as a late wedding present I won't say no :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

If it's just the Chronicle X versions of the videogame characters being resold, pass. If they cheekily drop a WY exosuit... I'll be spending big.

Corporal Hicks

Kailem

Did something change with the licence? I thought Prodos weren't allowed to release anything more AVP-related?

[cancerblack]

They're giving those away with X purchase, in a limited time fire sale. Selling them would be an issue, but they've dodged it.

Kailem

So as someone who never actually got round to buying this but started thinking maybe he should once it became known that Prodos weren't going to be able to keep it in print any more, is it worth potentially making my wallet cry tomorrow by getting in on this sale? I take it that overall people are happy with it and would recommend someone who likes board games and AVP picking it up? I figure some stuff will still be available on Amazon for a while, but if I can get it cheaper tomorrow, as well as potentially getting more figures along with it, then that seems like the better option.

And if so, what sort of stuff would you recommend I prioritise picking up along with the base game? I've seen some people saying that getting some facehuggers and a Predalien would be a good bet. And am I right in saying that the Hot Landing Zone expansion is the only big, non figures-only expansion they did? Is that worth a look too?

[cancerblack]

Yes, it's worth getting.

HLZ expansion is worth getting too.

For extra models, look into:

Facehuggers, Predalien, Warriors and if you want it to be really cinematic, a Queen, for Aliens.

Elders, Elites, Hounds for Predators.

Marine hero, Sentry Guns, Power Loader for humans.

Kailem

Thanks, I'll definitely make a note of all of those!

Also, is there a reason there seem to be two different versions of some figures, like the Hellhounds? Is it simply a visual difference, or is it always best to go for those "UniCast" versions wherever possibly? Are they upgraded versions put out later to replace the originals, or just the same figures with a different look to add a bit more variety for people who might buy a whole bunch of them?

SiL

They're for people like me who are too lazy to put things together. The original Hounds look much better than the unicast, but I prefer the unicast Aliens over the multi parts for most of them.

Kailem

Options for the lazy you say? Excellent! ;D

I take it by "Marine hero" you're referring to the Officer, cancerblack? I can't see anything listed on their site by that name. Also, has it been specified what, or how much, you need to buy in order to get the Dutch and Linn Kurosawa figures?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed