More Previously Unseen Concept Art For Blomkamp’s Alien 5!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 01, 2021, 05:53:22 AM

Author
More Previously Unseen Concept Art For Blomkamp’s Alien 5! (Read 69,914 times)

Corporal Hicks

Over the years we’ve seen a good deal of concept art from Neill Blomkamp’s aborted Alien 5 (codenamed Red Harvest), including some particularly memorable pieces from Geoffroy Thoorens. In the years since other artists have been sharing their own work on the project but the complete picture of what Alien 5 would have been remains shrouded in mystery. However, with each new image we get a look at the bigger picture.

Concept artist Geoffroy Thoorens has recently re-uploaded some work he did for Alien 5 to his ArtStation, which led me to discover some work he apparently uploaded 6 years ago that I haven’t seen shared around the fandom before!

More Previously Unseen Concept Art For Blomkamp's Alien 5!

Make sure you stick with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien and Predator! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

Update 02/06/21 – I’ve added another new piece from Geoffroy that comes via his website. Thanks to Skhellter for noticing this one.

SiL

You can take the flooded station out of Resurrection but you can't take Resurrection out of the flooded station.

SM

"I don't remember all this shit being on the walls when I jumped in the pool...?"

SiL

It took me way too long to realise Mr Clean was murdering a dude and not putting a suit on.

XENOMORPHOSIS

I was thinking more of when Newt was in the water, Ripley and Hicks had to cut through the great, but a xenomorph warriors got to her first, only other instance of Aliens swimming were again in Resurrection but also in the pool in Aliens vs Predator Requiem. You'd thinking that an Aliens soft reboot would be the thing 20th century studios/Disney would be clamoring for the franchise. The studio wouldn't likely let Neill Blomkamp do Alien Awakening a risky, filmmaker driven project with creative control, they'd want something tame, safe, familiar, formulaic, nostalgic, cookie cutter rehash. Honestly despite mixed results I'd like more from Alien whether it be Ridley Scott's final Prequel film, or Alien 5, doesn't seem likely though.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SiL on Jun 01, 2021, 06:53:22 AM
It took me way too long to realise Mr Clean was murdering a dude and not putting a suit on.

Oh God, I didn't realize that 'til you said it. :D

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Jun 01, 2021, 07:55:58 AM
they'd want something tame, safe, familiar, formulaic, nostalgic, cookie cutter rehash

They already got Covenant.  ;)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 01, 2021, 09:03:22 AM
Quote from: SiL on Jun 01, 2021, 06:53:22 AM

Oh God, I didn't realize that 'til you said it. :D

Me either!

LV-12986

SiL

I feel much better :laugh:

BlueMarsalis79

I'm feeling a lot of Elysium probably even intended for Sharlto Copley to play a Weyland Yutani mercenary.

BigDaddyJohn

Sharlto Copley as a Weyland merc ? Sign me in !

BlueMarsalis79

I'm conflicted because I loved Kruger, but Neill Blomkamp's films don't do much for me beyond the aesthetics, and even then it's not usually that unique but I do really like the South African bent he gives everything.

Bug hunt wilson

I wish they hurry up and relase the script and all of the concept art to the public or make the moive

Robbie T

f**k. I'll be forever bummed that this didn't get made. 😒😒😒

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed