Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 386,722 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: windebieste on Jul 29, 2016, 08:18:09 AMHere, these little arseholes will make perfect guinea pigs for your budding painting talents and torture. 

What did they ever do to you?

They fought for your country, dammit!

windebieste

I was flying the Green flag during that conflict and we lost, dammit!!1!! :'(

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

hardcorps54

hardcorps54

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 29, 2016, 06:26:33 AM
Any painting tips?  ;D

aliens - black undercoat , bronze and silver dry brush, black or purple wash(depending on preference) ardcoat dome for that nice glossy finish.

marines- i used a light flesh tone for the camo then sepia washed over the top, olive drab type colour for armour , used darker flesh tone for skin. (my marines were the first i painted and were not very good.

predator i been experimenting with the skin tones , doing a lot of layers to try get the reptile like skin tones.

WY commands were a nightmare to do in white, i undercoated black, drybrushed white, painted armour white, black washed, then painted the highlights back in ( took ages but looks good) i used various different greys for the straps etc and gun metal for the face shield.

power loader was the worst to do ( i found so anyway) undercoat black, painted yellow, black washed ten painted yellow highlights back in , painted metal for hydraulic pipes, dry brushed metal skuff marks, marine as per others. i would advise tho, if you can, paint power loader in parts as its very difficult to get into arms well once built.

Corporal Hicks

THanks for the tips, hardcorps. Looking forward to giving them a try.

New update re: dropship.

QuoteA small update on Dropship, we have just received 3D prints (3 other companies failed on this project...). It needs cleaning, however just wanted to show you how large it is. We should have showcased model, pro pictured with beginning of the next week. Shipping of it starts mid next week.- more update to follow on our official Prodos Games Blog next week,(prodosgames.com). Thanks

Corporal Hicks

I fear I'm going to order this tonight...

QuoteAnd another quick update on the dropship, here it is on our work bench, 44 cm in length in total, It needed a lot of fixing on 3d prints level. but finally with a lot of sculpting work we are there, almost. As planned it will go to mass production either tomorrow or on Thursday.

Deathbearer

This looks really neat. Too bad I can't paint for shit and don't have any friends who would play it with me :c

Eldritch_DM

I haven't had time to look at the rules updates but does anyone have a quick rundown of what's changed?

Corporal Hicks

HuDaFuK

:laugh: Because of the play button hovering over it I genuinely thought that said "DROPSHIT" at first.

Eldritch_DM

I really need to get around to taking pictures of my finished models as well as some of my kitbashed models.

Corporal Hicks

http://prodosgames.com/blog/announcing-avp-the-hunt-begins-second-edition-and-avp-unleashed

Second edition announced! Last Stand is a new single player mode. The wargame is called Unleashed, also there's an upgrade pack if you're already got the first edition and don't want to buy a new set.

All due March 17th. Have to say, I'm really liking the looks of the second edition.

I'll front page this at some point over the next few days.

skhellter

Looking good.  :o

Jackb

Jackb

Awesome stuff! Thanks for info!

vegettoxtc

I'm still trying to figure out how to play the damn game!  This was our first rpg/figurine boardgame and the direction's are impossible to figure out for someone that is new to these types of games.  I have watched youtube videos and everybody skips over the basic setup and directions so its never very helpful.  Does anyone here actually own this game and know how to play it correctly?  I'm sure its just me but I wanted to throw that out there.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed