Introducing a new Rebellion staff member to AvP-Galaxy

Started by ajm, Feb 10, 2010, 10:17:49 AM

Author
Introducing a new Rebellion staff member to AvP-Galaxy (Read 171,669 times)

S.Y.L

Quote from: Eidotemit on Feb 10, 2010, 04:08:54 PM

Me too, considering even the Praetorian (atleast I think it is) is a skin for the Aliens and in AvP2 it worked alot different from the other aliens by not being able to wall crawl I dont see why the PredAlien wasn't included as a skin. I'll be happy beyond belief if the Predalien is atleast a DLC skin.

I too, am interested in this question. Would it be possible to include the Predalien as a unlockable skin (just a skin, no attribute differences) via DLC? Would this be something Rebellion is willing to look into?

this has been answered.
it`s not as simple as just dropping a new model/texture in.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

You [half] misquoted me!  :P

I didn't mean to suggest that it was simple or anything, I know it isn't a simple job. I was just wondering if it was a possibility for a DLC skin or something, sometime in the future. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

S.Y.L

ah sorry for the confusion, it`s late ;)

ok, what are you meaning by "skin"?
to me, a skin is a model with a texture on it.. which as i said, it`s not as simple as that. so just wondering what you mean?

Eidotemit

Yeah, different model textures. I would imagine it isn't a simple thing to do, just wondering if there may be more skins available for DLC in the future (like the Gamestop pre-order ones). Its really a silly question, as I expect the answer at the moment couldn't really be any better than a "maybe." Just curious  :-\

Inferno

Inferno

Quote from: Spaghetti on Feb 12, 2010, 07:49:08 PM
I would also like to know the details in the reasoning for not implementing acid spit in multiplayer. Possibly making it a slow charge mid-range weapon that distorts vision/breaks pred lock-on (possibly implement it in future installments?)

Not really a question, but I would like to express my frustration on the the choice to make the predator so obviously superior. Best health, superior advantage in melee, superior ranged vision, and one hit kill weapons?

Quote from: FrankO on Feb 12, 2010, 06:34:47 PM
Why go this design route?  i.e.  To stay true to the general canon of the series (Marines are fodder, hordes of Aliens are the protagonists - overwhelming in numbers, and a handful of Predators go back to back and waste everything)?
:-\ That sounds like bad AVP:/comic canon to me.

I can answer that for three simple reasons.
1. Alien Resurrection was AFTER this timeframe. This game is placed BEFORE alien resurrection events. So timeframe goes, alien acid spit won't make sense. Also those aliens should never be used in any game EXCEPT for an alien resurrection game. Those aliens were genetically modified and had human genes which enabled them to have that acid spit attribute.

2.Spike can spit acid but he is a dog alien. Apparently dog aliens can spit acid in singleplayer and im all for that, but aliens should NOT have that ability in multiplayer for that regard. It's also a lot of work, If you expect something to happen in the game, expect a change in parameters. (increased alien speed, increased alien damage, ect.)

3. As for the predator overwhelming talk, I mostly play predator and its not easy being the Pred. The power makes the alien player be more stealthy because we are all tired of how much of a stupid bug it is. In your next melee, try to hit two heavy attacks on him in a row. If the first connects, you got a dead pred. (I know from experiance, that charge time is too short for the alien and I can't defend myself during the initial Heavy attack stun.)
==========================================================
[REB] Staff

I've read the reviews and I hear two points of negativity.
1. Graphics
2. Alien and Pred Singleplayer are nothing compared to Marine Singleplayer.

I've thought of a feature in the pred campaign that when using vocal mimicry, not only can you use "E", but you can use the voice chat button (default V). If the player has a headset, He can record HIS voice and it comes out in-game. (Player voice will be synthesized and distorted with pred recording). I think this will add a great deal more fun when you get to say what you wish to say to make the marine move. (I take a trophy kill and I give that marine a playback of my voice before he goes down) Makes that game more visceral, gruesome, and you will really get into the character.

So my question is, COULD this be added in a future patch or DLC? If not, I hope this idea is thought about for the next AVP. I'd love nothing more than to gurgle "motherf**ker" while I swing on trees.

MikkoM

MikkoM

So the alien`s quite slow, and as such sometimes quite inaccurate, heavy attack (tail attack) on the ground, is some sort of a balancing decision?

Quote from:  link=topic=28981.msg633494#msg633494 date=1265801643
4. "Wall" Tail... Aliens are able to zap at their enemies very quickly/instantly with their Tail
while crawling on Walls and Ceilings.. Considerably faster than when on the ground... Is this
Intended advantage or oversight ? Either way... The inconsistency is somewhat annoying ::)

This is intended as a payoff to the alien for getting into position – you can also head shot opponents when using the tail strike from a wall/ceiling, but it requires you to aim for the head.

A bit of a strange decision for a melee only alien, but at least in the PC demo doesn`t make the alien impossible to play.

bronxsta

Can you play Survivor mode offline splitscreen?
Are there multiple routes through levels to add replay value?
Can you play any multiplayer modes offline splitscreen?

Thanks for your help.

The Sheriff

My one question... Will you be able to play as "Her Majesty" (Queen Alien), in multiplayer? Perhaps after achieving set number killstreak as an alien?

MadassAlex

Quote from: The Sheriff on Feb 13, 2010, 05:10:16 AM
My one question... Will you be able to play as "Her Majesty" (Queen Alien), in multiplayer? Perhaps after achieving set number killstreak as an alien?

No.

PLEXI

QuoteCan you play Survivor mode offline splitscreen?
Can you play any multiplayer modes offline splitscreen?
No Split Screen.  You can play Survivor as offline singleplayer though.

Tyranix

Eric, first off, I'd like to thank you for all the info you've been giving us. Been passing it on to my friends and it's been a great help to answer questions I am asked by them over and over.

So here is my question, Hopeing it's easy and I almost certain it wont be against any of your rules.

My question is, in the mixed species death match, how will we be able to tell the difference between friend or foe?

AcidGlow

Why does the Focus Light Melee only perform a knockdown effect if you do it at the furthest distance possible? There is no indicator saying you are at the right range so it's a guess, either it does or doesn't.

Sbm76

Hi and thanks for coming here to answer all questions.

I have a question about the game engine and DLC. Does the engine allow you to add more single-player content later? Not asking if you will add more single-player content, just if it is possible (since I know you can't be specific when it comes to future DLC).

sirdeath66

Hi Eric and fellow avp fans

I have been around since the early days, when gaming all started. This means I am old :)  Ok here goes:

Will there be bots available in all the multiplayer matches, and not only in survivor mode? I for one don't always want to be killed by the 14 yr old, who plays 24/7, thus becomes a master at it, I work for a living :) Before all the boooohoo replies comes pouring in, here me out. Sometimes I too want too feel like a alien or predator god, with bots I can set up the match the way I want to play that particular evening. Thus getting more fun out of the game. This in a way prolongs the singleplayer adventure for me. I do like a mp evening as well, but not all the time. Sometimes after a heavy days work, i just want to kick butt, on my own.

Maybe this is my opinion only, but I really feel you Rebbelion/Sega will create a much bigger lifespan for this game, by adding bots into all multiplayer maps.

predalien27

Quote from: sirdeath66 on Feb 13, 2010, 08:57:45 AM
Hi Eric and fellow avp fans

I have been around since the early days, when gaming all started. This means I am old :)  Ok here goes:

Will there be bots available in all the multiplayer matches, and not only in survivor mode? I for one don't always want to be killed by the 14 yr old, who plays 24/7, thus becomes a master at it, I work for a living :) Before all the boooohoo replies comes pouring in, here me out. Sometimes I too want too feel like a alien or predator god, with bots I can set up the match the way I want to play that particular evening. Thus getting more fun out of the game. This in a way prolongs the singleplayer adventure for me. I do like a mp evening as well, but not all the time. Sometimes after a heavy days work, i just want to kick butt, on my own.

Maybe this is my opinion only, but I really feel you Rebbelion/Sega will create a much bigger lifespan for this game, by adding bots into all multiplayer maps.
Wow, that's a better reason then some of the other reasons around here.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed