AVP - Filming the Temple Flashback (ADI Behind the Scenes)

Started by Kailem, May 20, 2018, 07:42:27 AM

Author
AVP - Filming the Temple Flashback (ADI Behind the Scenes) (Read 9,252 times)

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

As much as I hate the film I do enjoy behind the scenes stuff.  I've always been interested in making of's and behind the scenes documentaries for films.  Glad they share this material on youtube.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 08, 2018, 07:29:55 AM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 07, 2018, 06:30:28 PM
Turning the predators into ancient astronauts was the worst bit imo.

I always had a soft spot for that von Daniken thing - I blame Stargate - so that never really bothered me. That said, there's no denying how cool those sets looked. I'm sure they could have made an awesome spaceship or colony set for that film. They did such a great job with the cash they had

I dont mind the idea of ancient astronauts in fiction, like with prometheus. I just didnt like the idea of it being the predators. Having them guide our early civilizations wasnt something i liked or wanted regarding their lore. Otherwise i really enjoyed the armor and weapon designs even if the effects looked a little fake.

The sets were also great. I do think the film could have been amazing with some slight changes in, setting, tone, and execution.

Tubecity

The problem was that they didn't go far enough with the predators and pyramids thing. They had storyboards of Preds hunting Mayan warriors in the jungle... That would have been cool! Like Apocalypto except that guy dressed like a Pred would actually be a Pred! Come on that would be awesome.

So why is it that so many movies put their best material in a flashback and throw it away? Make the movie the flashback!

SM

Why would a Predator be hunting a Mayan warrior though?  The ancient people were allied with the Predators.

426Buddy

I greatly prefer the way it was done in the original AvP comic. Seeding planets with aliens but filtering out the queens.

zackpred12

So it's not on YouTube yet...but I literally just saw a new predator trailer...Yea epic, and the upgrade wss shown

Raoh76

Sooooooooo how did you see it Zachpred12?

zackpred12

zackpred12

I swear...I was at a sports bar and it aired on tv.  It showed unmasked predator...And upgrade slamming a pred into a car. And yes the upgrade is like 10ft tall. But looked cool. Am I the only one!?!?! I can't find anything online!!!??

Raoh76, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo told ya so.

Biggles

This illustrates very well why the predators in this movie look so bulky and short (even Scar); the greaves are so chunky and short that they make the legs look way thicker and shorter than they are. Really poor design in my view. The armour could - should - have been much thinner and more form-fitting.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed