Why is the alien fascinated by flares?

Started by Aliens Dude, Oct 24, 2014, 01:30:14 AM

Author
Why is the alien fascinated by flares? (Read 9,558 times)

predxeno

I meant the concept of using flares to manipulate the movement of hostile creatures, SiL.

Nightlord

The alien does the exact same action if you throw a flash bang near him, I don't think there's anything deeper to it than he's surprised by something happening suddenly.

Valaquen

Quote from: predxeno on Oct 30, 2014, 04:37:04 PM
I meant the concept of using flares to manipulate the movement of hostile creatures, SiL.

Prisoners carry flares at the end of Alien 3, probably to direct its attention and lead it through the tunnels (being live bait helps, but the flares supposedly hone its attention on particular prisoners who will lead it into the leadworks.)

predxeno

Really?  Which scenes were those in?  Either way, I don't think any real emphasis was placed on that, I got the impression the flares were used more for light than anything else.

Valaquen

Quote from: predxeno on Oct 30, 2014, 05:10:29 PM
Really?  Which scenes were those in?  Either way, I don't think any real emphasis was placed on that, I got the impression the flares were used more for light than anything else.

At the end. Not all of the prisoners carry them, and it's pretty well lit down there, with electric lighting throughout. I doubt it was the inspiration though, that likely comes from the original Alien script.

gabgrave

The 3 people who first encountered the alien in the tunnels before the Bishop and medbay scene (medbay AiiieeaiiYaay!) already had a metal flare on a stick thing.

predxeno

Quote from: Valaquen on Oct 30, 2014, 05:11:54 PM
Quote from: predxeno on Oct 30, 2014, 05:10:29 PM

At the end. Not all of the prisoners carry them, and it's pretty well lit down there, with electric lighting throughout. I doubt it was the inspiration though, that likely comes from the original Alien script.

Huh, I'll have to check that out again, but I still have doubts that the Alien was further attracted to them because of the flares; if the director wanted the Alien to be attracted to the flares then he would have made the flares brighter and the environment darker in comparison.

Valaquen

Quote from: predxeno on Oct 30, 2014, 05:31:57 PM
if the director wanted the Alien to be attracted to the flares then he would have made the flares brighter and the environment darker in comparison.

And then the prisoners would be unable to see.

But it's not like that particular director got his way on that film, even complaining about the lighting: "I could not get the screen to be black, I couldn't get the creature to come out of the shadows unseen."

But it's beginning to become moot: C.A. seem more definitively inspired by the unused scene from Alien than an interesting but inconsequential thing from the third movie.

Xhan

Quote from: predxeno on Oct 30, 2014, 05:04:50 AM
The reason the Alien finds flares so interesting is because T-Rex did in Jurassic Park, then Velociraptors in Turok, and now any alien whether it be in Call of Duty: Ghosts (Extinction) or Alien: Isolation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weMpv14cW9U#ws

Dark Blade1

all aliens like light and they like the glow of the color that is a percfect time to run away.

gabgrave

Guess what's back in the new Jurassic World movie?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed